Autism moms and advocates

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A thread to discuss the insta pages who talk about life with a child/adult/sibling with autism.

I hope this is ok to create as some of these people were being discussed on other threads!

I’m an ‘autism mom’ myself!

it’s not about the children themselves but the people who created and run the pages.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Great thank you

So to start what’s ppls thoughts on Nicole from my boy blue? What would ppl like to see from the mums and dads that blog about their daly life with children with autism? Do ye find some of these accounts have tried to jump on the insta blogger band wagon and no longer advocat for autism but lurk for freebies?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Great thank you

So to start what’s ppls thoughts on Nicole from my boy blue? What would ppl like to see from the mums and dads that blog about their daly life with children with autism? Do ye find some of these accounts have tried to jump on the insta blogger band wagon and no longer advocat for autism but lurk for freebies?
Quite honestly.. There are a couple of them full of tit... You'd think they were the first parents to have an autistic child.. Full of self entitlement... I'm a mum to a 21 Yr old autistic young adult and have never felt the need to do what they do... I unfollowed a long tíme ago

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I started following a lot of them when I was in the process of getting my own son diagnosed I will honestly say I hadn’t a clue about autism so I found them useful at the start but as time went on I’ve found some are just out to gain what they can from the whole insta world

Some of them are great advocates for autism. There's no doubt about that. I really like Elaine. But yes, some of them have jumped on the blogger bandwagon and have no bother making noise to get whatever they want

Might get lynched for this but.. The whole assistance dog bollox... Yes.. I understand for a severely autistic person.. But for those who are high functioning I think its ridiculous... An over priced dog with a short life span because of the breed.. And a waiting list... I know of a few that have one and they'd nearly expect you to cross the road to make room for them.. We have to rescue dogs here who give the same amount of love etc... I honestly believe its like having a designer bag.. Just an accessory.. Óhh.. Look at me.. Maybe its because I'm at it so long.. Its jmo and some might not agree and that's ok too...

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I can’t stick Nicole stating on julies post why she’s jus so self centered it’s not even about her son it’s all about her she’s using R and his autism like it’s a game show it’s like wat she can get out of it

Reactions: 9
Might get lynched for this but.. The whole assistance dog bollox... Yes.. I understand for a severely autistic person.. But for those who are high functioning I think its ridiculous... An over priced dog with a short life span because of the breed.. And a waiting list... I know of a few that have one and they'd nearly expect you to cross the road to make room for them.. We have to rescue dogs here who give the same amount of love etc... I honestly believe its like having a designer bag.. Just an accessory.. Óhh.. Look at me.. Maybe its because I'm at it so long.. Its jmo and some might not agree and that's ok too...
I agree mostly with your point re the dogs seems fishy to me that it’s all the people with a fair few followers that get them especially the ones from the my canine companion charity. I contacted them about a dog but they say there waiting list is closed since 2016! So how r all the insta mums getting them??? Easy for them to raise €10k needed!! I wouldn’t have a hope of raising that kind of money ☹

Reactions: 11
I see your point and I think you are right in a way some do seem to treat it as the latest accessory but those dogs are invaluable to be those that need them my friend has one and the dog has made things so much easier for them her son is a huge flight risk so she had to use a special needs buggy for him to keep him secure and although she found that was great when he was younger as he got older it was harder to push and ppl looking at him in it he’s 10 now so the dogs are important to many ppl and families but I agree some make it look like it’s the must have thing and not to disrespect anyone because I’m certainly not a know it all when it comes to autism I’m still learning but until you have a child that’s a flight risk and could run into traffic I don’t think you’d understand how something so simple as going for a walk in the park can be with out having that child 100% secure weather it be attached to a dog or strapped in a buggy

I see your point and I think you are right in a way some do seem to treat it as the latest accessory but those dogs are invaluable to be those that need them my friend has one and the dog has made things so much easier for them her son is a huge flight risk so she had to use a special needs buggy for him to keep him secure and although she found that was great when he was younger as he got older it was harder to push and ppl looking at him in it he’s 10 now so the dogs are important to many ppl and families but I agree some make it look like it’s the must have thing and not to disrespect anyone because I’m certainly not a know it all when it comes to autism I’m still learning but until you have a child that’s a flight risk and could run into traffic I don’t think you’d understand how dangerous something so simple as going for a walk in the park can be with out having that child 100% secure weather it be attached to a dog or strapped in a buggy

Last edited:
I agree mostly with your point re the dogs seems fishy to me that it’s all the people with a fair few followers that get them especially the ones from the my canine companion charity. I contacted them about a dog but they say there waiting list is closed since 2016! So how r all the insta mums getting them??? Easy for them to raise €10k needed!! I wouldn’t have a hope of raising that kind of money ☹
What I found out when all this started... Years ago.. It wasn't what you know but who you know... Some had been allowed to jump the que... But 10 grand for a dog? I know what I'd spend 10k on if I had it and it wouldn't be a dog... Maybe tword a newish car.. Its ridiculous what they charge.. And I think its unnecessary but yet again jmo x

I see your point and I think you are right in a way some do seem to treat it as the latest accessory but those dogs are invaluable to be those that need them my friend has one and the dog has made things so much easier for them her son is a huge flight risk so she had to use a special needs buggy for him to keep him secure and although she found that was great when he was younger as he got older it was harder to push and ppl looking at him in it he’s 10 now so the dogs are important to many ppl and families but I agree some make it look like it’s the must have thing and not to disrespect anyone because I’m certainly not a know it all when it comes to autism I’m still learning but until you have a child that’s a flight risk and could run into traffic I don’t think you’d understand how something so simple as going for a walk in the park can be with out having that child 100% secure weather it be attached to a dog or strapped in a buggy
I agree completely with reg flight risk... But I know of some that the child is quite capable.. No risk of running or not listening... Those who do need these dogs should be at the top of the list.... Not those who knows someone who can get them one quicker x

Reactions: 3
Anyone know what happened with elayne and linzy, someone said it another thread they fell out over linziy not getting her assistance dog? They seemed to be great friends the families even met up on holidays in Spain or Portugal one year and had a few nights out together and then after a while neither of them mentioned each other again, which is a pity as they both have it tough especially Elaine, I like her but had to stop following as her stories actually broke my heart

Reactions: 2
Anyone know what happened with elayne and linzy, someone said it another thread they fell out over linziy not getting her assistance dog? They seemed to be great friends the families even met up on holidays in Spain or Portugal one year and had a few nights out together and then after a while neither of them mentioned each other again, which is a pity as they both have it tough especially Elaine, I like her but had to stop following as her stories actually broke my heart
How would Elaine stop her from getting a dog? My friend messaged her about how she found her experience of getting a dog, she read but ignored it and she then messaged Lenore from outinthestickswithsix about getting one through the guide dogs and again read and not answered. I bet if you messaged them about something for free they'd respond straight away😡😡
I unfollowed Elaine after that, I'd already unfollowed Lenore after the way someone was treated after asking a question about a competition on her page😡😡

I’m not sure of exactly what went on but I only started following Elaine from the time they were both on hols together. From what I can see they were both trying to raise money for dogs and Elaine got hers but Linzy didn’t. Linzy went on a drunk rant saying she raised nearly all the money but for some reason she was stopped from getting one. It was def something to do with the money raised anyway.

Reactions: 1
I’d love to know too what happened I like both of them I find Elaine so funny but god she has it tough

Reactions: 4
I dont follow any autism mammys on Instagram I did once and I felt like I was comparing them to my little one like why can't he do that or say that or do this himself. My brothers three kids are autistic one is quite severe. I genuinely think everybody's journey is different I've learned slow and steady does it. Some days I feel like banging my head off a wall and locking myself away and just having a good cry then theres days a simple hug from him for nothing makes up for the days that I feel I'm getting nowhere. Since the weighted vests he is wearing hugs have got scarce mind you lol

Reactions: 10
There’s def an element of who you know and not what you know when it comes to My Canine Companion, there’s something dodge going on for sure!
nicole I can’t take to at all as I said before it’s all drama with her, she used to wreck me coming on to tell a story, it would take forever!! Or this thing where she can’t tell you what’s going on but still talks about it 🙄 There’s a lady in America who blogs about her son and Nicole is trying to be like her!!

Reactions: 8
I’m not sure of exactly what went on but I only started following Elaine from the time they were both on hols together. From what I can see they were both trying to raise money for dogs and Elaine got hers but Linzy didn’t. Linzy went on a drunk rant saying she raised nearly all the money but for some reason she was stopped from getting one. It was def something to do with the money raised anyway.
Yeah I could never understand why linzy never got the dog, she had a fundraising event for it too, I get the impression the fundraising event wasn’t as successful as she thought it was going to be but surely it would’ve helped towards the cost of the dog but 2/3 years later still no dog?

How would Elaine stop her from getting a dog? My friend messaged her about how she found her experience of getting a dog, she read but ignored it and she then messaged Lenore from outinthestickswithsix about getting one through the guide dogs and again read and not answered. I bet if you messaged them about something for free they'd respond straight away😡😡
I unfollowed Elaine after that, I'd already unfollowed Lenore after the way someone was treated after asking a question about a competition on her page😡😡
What happened with the question about the competition?

What happened with the question about the competition?
From what I remember, lenore had a competition for a trip somewhere in the uk and she said she was going to make sure it went to a carer or someone she felt deserved it best. In the comments someone asked if they had to explain why they deserved it and Lenore said that no, it was open to everyone but the girl asked was the point if Lenore was going to hand pick the winner?
Then Lenore put up a big status about how she was sick of tit and her minions on her page went after this girl, I was absolutely disgusted and unliked and unfollowed straight away

• Wow
Reactions: 4
From what I remember, lenore had a competition for a trip somewhere in the uk and she said she was going to make sure it went to a carer or someone she felt deserved it best. In the comments someone asked if they had to explain why they deserved it and Lenore said that no, it was open to everyone but the girl asked was the point if Lenore was going to hand pick the winner?
Then Lenore put up a big status about how she was sick of tit and her minions on her page went after this girl, I was absolutely disgusted and unliked and unfollowed straight away
Sounds aggressive and unnecessary.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.