Australian Pop Culture and Influencer Podcasts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agree, 100% happy for them! As I’ve said before, their success is even sweeter given they pitched the podcast idea to Mamamia who said no, and have been failing to capture that demographic ever since!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I also think Mich (I think it was her haha, I get confused between then both) was on Diary of a CEO podcast when they were in London!

Reactions: 3
See I’m not a huge fan. They’re fine but I find them very privileged and a bit vapid. The content just probably isn’t for me so have unfollowed and unsubscribed.

Reactions: 15
See I’m not a huge fan. They’re fine but I find them very privileged and a bit vapid. The content just probably isn’t for me so have unfollowed and unsubscribed.
Yeah I used to be huge fans but not so much anymore.

Reactions: 4
Did anyone hear Gemma P talking about the GGO Peach marketing mishap? Like ok she was super disturbed but idk if you’re ringing the POLICE about someone sending you PEACH LOLLIES and little notes about “booty” (not really even referencing hers specially lol) wouldn’t you contact PR places that you know you’re on the list for? Like isn’t that something you could do? Or yes post about it and say “does anyone know anything about this?” Lol feels like a biiiiig assumption that someone is going to kidnap the children based on those notes?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Did anyone hear Gemma P talking about the GGO Peach marketing mishap? Like ok she was super disturbed but idk if you’re ringing the POLICE about someone sending you PEACH LOLLIES and little notes about “booty” (not really even referencing hers specially lol) wouldn’t you contact PR places that you know you’re on the list for? Like isn’t that something you could do? Or yes post about it and say “does anyone know anything about this?” Lol feels like a biiiiig assumption that someone is going to kidnap the children based on those notes?
I missed this what happened?

I have to admit I found the campaign pretty icky and I’ve worked on my dodgy campaigns before. If this was America I’d totally be going to the police but it came across more like a prank.

Reactions: 3
I have to admit I found the campaign pretty icky and I’ve worked on my dodgy campaigns before. If this was America I’d totally be going to the police but it came across more like a prank.

I agree that it was a stupid campaign…I definitely saw people post about it in real time when they were getting packages and most people said it was a bit “strange” or “intriguing”….I thought she just really had an overblown look at it. Maybe she was just stressed and it was poor timing. But I’m sorry I did chuckle when she said to the police “please don’t let my family be the ones who slip through the cracks of your broken system” just a hint of the dramatic there, considering she’s barely a public figure.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I agree that it was a stupid campaign…I definitely saw people post about it in real time when they were getting packages and most people said it was a bit “strange” or “intriguing”….I thought she just really had an overblown look at it. Maybe she was just stressed and it was poor timing. But I’m sorry I did chuckle when she said to the police “please don’t let my family be the ones who slip through the cracks of your broken system” just a hint of the dramatic there, considering she’s barely a public figure.
I thought this as well. I actually felt really sorry for her when she was talking about this. It would have been awful and was a terrible campaign. But, honestly Gem it was a teeeny bit privileged considering she posts so much of her life on insta and the fact that there are probably worse things that fall through the cracks (which is obviously not ok either)

Reactions: 4
Do they offer anything other than podcasts? Their advertisers must pay a lot for all of this!
They have a subscribe option, have done live shows and a book but I’d say t for big money might come from commissioning or producing other podcasts maybe? They might be renting out new space to other podcasters and they have a v large audience so I’d say they do make a fair whack from the podcast alone and other brand deals.

They would be smart with money too.

I’m v pleased for them on that side of things but I find them v privileged and they do the typical ‘we work bloody hard’ thing. Yeah but in an industry that is fun and creative where you get to earn good money. You don’t get a gig at any old media company, let alone mamma Mia purely by working hard. You get it from a private education and connections that get you through the door.

Reactions: 13
Just listened to this episode. The campaign sounded very ick. But I also saw other influences (Revie and George Woulfe) post about receiving the first couple of promo packs. Never saw them post the end product so had a good laugh when Gemma mentioned it was for a sex toy.

Gemma definitely sounded freaked out. And from the context she gave it’s understandable. But I did chuckle at the privilege when she was talking about how concerned her husband and au pair were. As well as their expectation that police just rock up to the post office and review cctv to see who was mailing the packages. I bet the constable loved being told how to do their job.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Just listened to this episode. The campaign sounded very ick. But I also saw other influences (Revie and George Woulfe) post about receiving the first couple of promo packs. Never saw them post the end product so had a good laugh when Gemma mentioned it was for a sex toy.

Gemma definitely sounded freaked out. And from the context she gave it’s understandable. But I did chuckle at the privilege when she was talking about how concerned her husband and au pair were. As well as their expectation that police just rock up to the post office and review cctv to see who was mailing the packages. I bet the constable loved being told how to do their job.
These idiots literally sign up to be on PR lists to receive stuff 🙄🙄🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
These idiots literally sign up to be on PR lists to receive stuff 🙄🙄🙄
I’m very neutral on Gemma so I’m not WK but the packages (multiple) went to her home address not via a PR list where it goes via management or PO box, which would freak me out. Like Gemma I’ve had a stalker and I would have had a similar reaction. Especially given the ransom type notes and no info on the package who it was from.

Reactions: 1
I thought the girls get off campaign was pretty gross and took it a step too far (especially sending the pr package to Gemma's house ) I do think that it should maybe be a little reminder about how visible her life is. I have kids the same age and there's no way I would share posts of them at locations that would be identified in real time if I had a large fan following. No way..

Reactions: 9
I just listened to Britt hockley on the podcast " but are you happy?".
She said she's currently more sad then happy at the moment.
Jessie, the host, said she asked about a particular instance of social media backlash which occurred in the last 12 months that Britt declined to answer. Anyone have any idea what question could be? Her working with Kyle?

Reactions: 1
the people in the life uncut facebook group are a bit much. That Carly Sophia woman constantly oversharing to try and turn herself into an influencer ....

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.