Australian Influencers #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pretty sure you’re the only one policing. This same question you’re critiquing has been asked by so many others including people from the queer/trans community.
It’s a shark site and she’s snarking 🙄

Reactions: 8
Pretty sure you’re the only one policing. This same question you’re critiquing has been asked by so many others including people from the queer/trans community.
No I meant policing how Deni identifies. I don’t think it’s ok to question how someone else identifies.

Reactions: 2
sorry but there’s a whole lot of transphobia masquerading as “snark” here.

Reactions: 3
Does anyone follow kellie finlayson? She's married to an afl football player and got diagnosed with bowel cancer.
I heard her interviewed on life uncut where she said she was not eligible for Centrelink assistance because the family income was too high. She has a GoFundMe on her Instagram page to pay for her treatments. The average afl player salary is over $400k.....
Is her husband really stingy?

• Wow
Reactions: 10
sorry but there’s a whole lot of transphobia masquerading as “snark” here.
Literally haven’t seen any transphobia. So I don’t know where a “whole lot” came from. Deni is absolutely an attention seeking narcissist. There are people here who criticize every female influencer and say the cruelest things about their appearance, their families, their kids, their weight and I never really see anyone speaking up. But criticize Deni’s latest narcisstic behaviour in the most tepid way and someone always comes out of the wood work accusing people of transphobia

Reactions: 26
Literally haven’t seen any transphobia. So I don’t know where a “whole lot” came from. Deni is absolutely an attention seeking narcissist. There are people here who criticize every female influencer and say the cruelest things about their appearance, their families, their kids, their weight and I never really see anyone speaking up. But criticize Deni’s latest narcisstic behaviour in the most tepid way and someone always comes out of the wood work accusing people of transphobia
Oh you must have missed the person who keeps coming to this thread and saying nasty transphobic tit about Deni trying to stir up hate.
And yeah, it’s transphobic to question whether someone is “really trans”. I’m not “coming out of the woodwork” I’ve been vocal on this for several threads now and will continue to be. Being trans or non binary doesn’t need to come into critique of someone for behaving in a narcissistic way. And people do speak up about certain other influencers for example when someone said some super inappropriate tit about Simone Anderson, a heap of members were quick to shut that down.
---
Since when did Deni become the poster person for trans people?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but they have only ever identified as non-binary and using they/them pronouns?

I guess this quest pays better?!
This right here is not only questioning how Deni identifies but also saying that they do so for more money.
---
Not to mention, social media algorithms work on what you consume so if you’re sick of it, consume less of it.

Oh you must have missed the person who keeps coming to this thread and saying nasty transphobic tit about Deni trying to stir up hate.
And yeah, it’s transphobic to question whether someone is “really trans”. I’m not “coming out of the woodwork” I’ve been vocal on this for several threads now and will continue to be. Being trans or non binary doesn’t need to come into critique of someone for behaving in a narcissistic way. And people do speak up about certain other influencers for example when someone said some super inappropriate tit about Simone Anderson, a heap of members were quick to shut that down.
So glad that on a very rare occasion some of the vile tit is shut down. I have alot of friends in the trans community who question Deni’s motives, as well as queer accounts I follow who have questioned Deni publicly, and a couple who actually know Deni personally, so to me I don’t view this question as transphobic at all. Deni is highly problematic in a number of ways so of course they’re going to attract criticism

Reactions: 12
No I meant policing how Deni identifies. I don’t think it’s ok to question how someone else identifies.
I don’t give a flying duck how or what Deni identifies as, he’s a narcissistic twit who inserts himself into any and every opportunity he can and I’m sick of seeing him everywhere! I mean up until a month ago I’d never even heard of him and now I can’t seem to avoid him and I don’t consume the type of social media he would normally pop up in but he is literally bleeping everywhere 😒🙄

Reactions: 12
As much as I like Maggie from the peninsula mumma she does this all the time and it drives me crazy. No it doesn't make me feel better knowing an influencer is also struggling to put their kid to bed. I think FB and insta are saturated in parenting reels to show us we aren't alone 🤦‍♀️
Anyone listen to her podcast with Alex nation. They just want to talk about sex, like who’s doing the most/kink with their husbands. It’s boring, and I think they could do better!
---
Sure Tully, you’re not moving to the US because you’re worried about school shootings of your unborn children…
Or is it because he’s just not that into you?
No more sad I miss my bf posts. Think it’s heading south?

Reactions: 1
Does anyone follow kellie finlayson? She's married to an afl football player and got diagnosed with bowel cancer.
I heard her interviewed on life uncut where she said she was not eligible for Centrelink assistance because the family income was too high. She has a GoFundMe on her Instagram page to pay for her treatments. The average afl player salary is over $400k.....
yes! I had thought this same thing when I started following her, and saw her flying places and getting married, etc….

Reactions: 5
So glad that on a very rare occasion some of the vile tit is shut down. I have alot of friends in the trans community who question Deni’s motives, as well as queer accounts I follow who have questioned Deni publicly, and a couple who actually know Deni personally, so to me I don’t view this question as transphobic at all. Deni is highly problematic in a number of ways so of course they’re going to attract criticism
Yea, it’s over saturation and they’re speaking over many voices.

And yeah I probably sound like a nanna but I find them a bit crass at times. Bit much when on a fashion or beauty podcast

Reactions: 7
Stop misgendering Deni it’s transphobic and disrespectful.
---

I’ve seen people shut down certain topics or comments several times myself including about influencers and their children etc🤷‍♀️

Questioning someone’s “motives” is not the same as questioning how they identify. Saying that they identify as trans for money, calling them a cross-dresser in a derogatory way, or deliberately misgendering them is just not ok. All things I’ve seen here including in the last 3 pages.
Im not going to ask you to provide receipts on how Deni is problematic but I would suggest starting a thread for that.
Thanks for your suggestion, but I have no interest in dedicating a thread to Deni, although I’m sure it’s something Deni would salivate over. I’m not entirely sure why you allowing me grace in providing receipts on my opinion of someone being problematic is something worthy of mention either lol I don’t answer to you? But if you want a couple of freebies anyway, you can start with their penis always being front and centre to the point where I feel assaulted by it. And you can finish with the memorial Deni held for their ex boyfriend who broke up with Deni many years ago. The bf was married, and neither his partner nor his family were included or consulted in the circus memorial. The ex bf was very private but Deni proceeded with posting his photo and “memorial” all over social media anyway. At the memorial, Deni did a deranged eulogy in which they spoke of the deceased ex-bf’s penis size, sexual conquests they had, amongst a whole lot of other vile and disrespectful tit. When called out by the ex-bf family & friends, Deni deleted their comments and blocked them.
So yeah he does a whole lot of provocative and offensive crap, things that his community find harmful. He is going to attract criticism and questions, like any other person behaving in an out of control and outlandish way.

• Wow
Reactions: 26
Omg just because someone doesn’t rate a person who identifies as NB or trans doesn’t make them transphobic!
---
Thanks for your suggestion, but I have no interest in dedicating a thread to Deni, although I’m sure it’s something Deni would salivate over. I’m not entirely sure why you allowing me grace in providing receipts on my opinion of someone being problematic is something worthy of mention either lol I don’t answer to you? But if you want a couple of freebies anyway, you can start with their penis always being front and centre to the point where I feel assaulted by it. And you can finish with the memorial Deni held for their ex boyfriend who broke up with Deni many years ago. The bf was married, and neither his partner nor his family were included or consulted in the circus memorial. The ex bf was very private but Deni proceeded with posting his photo and “memorial” all over social media anyway. At the memorial, Deni did a deranged eulogy in which they spoke of the deceased ex-bf’s penis size, sexual conquests they had, amongst a whole lot of other vile and disrespectful tit. When called out by the ex-bf family & friends, Deni deleted their comments and blocked them.
So yeah he does a whole lot of provocative and offensive crap, things that his community find harmful. He is going to attract criticism and questions, like any other person behaving in an out of control and outlandish way.
Omg I had no idea about memorial, that’s horrible.

Reactions: 11
Yeah I got the vibes off the interview. I felt so sorry for her. He really didn't seem at all supportive at all and she said she was worried about him. Poor woman has more than enough to worry about.

Yeah I got the vibes off the interview. I felt so sorry for her. He really didn't seem at all supportive at all and she said she was worried about him. Poor woman has more than enough to worry about.
I think it’s more her husband Jeremy isn’t like huge in afl world so his salary wouldn’t be that high
Like she said, she didn’t have a platform until she started speaking out about being sick - she wasn’t in the “wag” era like Nadia Bec Judd bel Sloane etc etc
I feel for her

but also.
centrelink is there for people who literally cannot afford it. Centrelink has cut off limits and they’re reasonable - so they are making good income, it’s just a lot of their $ are going to this at the moment instead of a lavish fancy lifestyle (still lavish)
I liked her interview but I’m not sure how I feel about the privileged sick comment - I certainly don’t think that, but I do think it is very nice her mum can live with her full time and help. Like to be in a position to be able to do that. That’s enormous.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.