Australian Influencers #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can someone who knows about these things please report Olivia Whites latest post to Ad standards. She’s put #collab with Cricut on the grid post but nothing on her stories and she’s even tagged Cotton On which is probably an ad also. Makes me so frustrated! Those machines are a few hundred dollars plus all the accessories adds up.
This snobby condescending mole gets some big names to #collab with her!

Blows my mind!

Reactions: 7
I find Steph Pase’s GFM in very poor taste. She clearly is raking in cash, to ask people to fund medication for her Dad, is just disgusting. Refinance your mortgage, that’s what we would do.
Yep agree especially with her new build, which they are asking for sponsors to collaborate on, so saving $$ so she could put that towards the medication. Plus she has been on quite a few holidays this year alone it’s def icky

Reactions: 19
There is no event that Beffy won’t content-farm.

I bet the good folk of Burrawang don’t make eye contact with Beff in the street because they don’t want to end up on her IG stories.
Can’t she EVER just put her bleeping phone down? It’s almost as if she doesn’t take photos and share it with total bloody strangers on the internet then it didn’t happen and no one will know just how fabulous her life is. I wouldn’t invite her anywhere because I wouldn’t want her pulling her phone out and taking a million pictures and plastering them all over the internet.

Reactions: 9
I find it interesting she assumed the message was said in a smart ass way when tone can’t be sensed via text. The sender may have just been asking “why is it so expensive?” In a nice way and Britt definitely got her knickers in a knot over it. This is obviously something that has been said to her many times as she’s quite defensive over it. Get over it brit you’re doing just fine lovey
Yep good points. She doesn’t have to justify her pricing, the people who want to pay that will.

There is no event that Beffy won’t content-farm.

I bet the good folk of Burrawang don’t make eye contact with Beff in the street because they don’t want to end up on her IG stories.

View attachment 1494852

View attachment 1494854

View attachment 1494855
Why does she always take photos like a stalker?

Can someone who knows about these things please report Olivia Whites latest post to Ad standards. She’s put #collab with Cricut on the grid post but nothing on her stories and she’s even tagged Cotton On which is probably an ad also. Makes me so frustrated! Those machines are a few hundred dollars plus all the accessories adds up.
I’ve reported her before and they didn’t care. Said yes she failed to disclose properly but she’s an influencer so you have to expect that everything is an ad (paraphrasing).

100% agree. She is a sly scamming mole.

My point was I don't understand how such big brands work with her.
She has a management agency like most influencers in Australian that’s how they get “work” and on PR lists.

Reactions: 3
Listen I get you don’t want randoms phoning and messaging you and it’s probably inconvenient and annoying but violated?

You share your number then yes there is a risk people will message you and call you but the EASIEST way to avoid this is either block your number before calling them OR get a dedicated work phone but sorry I know you don’t want advice Candice 😏

96FFD9DC-CF57-4FEE-861D-F4344FAA7C6F.jpeg

6D759479-787A-4F1D-82BB-C916E91329F2.jpeg

2103528F-EE00-4EBB-87E3-0070CF712BDA.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
Listen I get you don’t want randoms phoning and messaging you and it’s probably inconvenient and annoying but violated?

You share your number then yes there is a risk people will message you and call you but the EASIEST way to avoid this is either block your number before calling them OR get a dedicated work phone but sorry I know you don’t want advice Candice 😏

View attachment 1496441
View attachment 1496444
View attachment 1496445
the funniest part is she bought herself a new work phone earlier in the year 😂😂😂 anything for a whinge

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Personally I wouldn’t bother complaining about Olivia’s IG because I DO assume everything on it is an ad - clothes, endless free junk for the kids, beauty treatments, holidays whatever. She’s like endless ads on free to air tv. Yes she’s sneaky and tries to get away with non disclosure and must think she’s clever to do it but it’s a pretty sad game she’s winning there in her own mind. She’s a walking billboard.

Reactions: 5
Personally I wouldn’t bother complaining about Olivia’s IG because I DO assume everything on it is an ad - clothes, endless free junk for the kids, beauty treatments, holidays whatever. She’s like endless ads on free to air tv. Yes she’s sneaky and tries to get away with non disclosure and must think she’s clever to do it but it’s a pretty sad game she’s winning there in her own mind. She’s a walking billboard.
And yet legally she is required to disclose it all. Ads gifts everything

Reactions: 10
@usemycode
Oh I totally agree with you but influencers like Olivia will blatantly disregard unless there is an actual consequence like a big fine.

Reactions: 4
Cannot deal with Candice Barber, loves a whinge and is so cunty when anyone tries to give her advice. Ungrateful as all duck, no idea how her husband puts up with her.

Reactions: 23
@usemycode
Oh I totally agree with you but influencers like Olivia will blatantly disregard unless there is an actual consequence like a big fine.
Ad Standards listens and pays attention to society’s norms. The more reports they receive, the more likely they are to tighten up the mandatory disclosure by influencers.

It’s not like making a report costs you, or the influencer, anything. And while it seems like a tedious process, this is how we make things change so that the vulnerable members of our community - children, the elderly, those with cognitive disabilities - are protected from making purchases because they thought their friend, the influencer, personally recommended it. Seriously, I’ve had neurotypical teenage girls want to make purchases because an influencer suggested an item. 🤦🏻‍♀️

TL;DR: reports are NEVER a waste of time.

Plus they irritate influencers. Silver linings.

Reactions: 22
HOW's cricut won't be shown again except when she is trying to flog it off with other #kindlygifted items so she can then brag about how she managed to save $50,000 in six months.

Reactions: 17
I find Steph Pase’s GFM in very poor taste. She clearly is raking in cash, to ask people to fund medication for her Dad, is just disgusting. Refinance your mortgage, that’s what we would do.
Yep agree especially with her new build, which they are asking for sponsors to collaborate on, so saving $$ so she could put that towards the medication. Plus she has been on quite a few
She drives a Land Rover now too. Blatant greed and she knows it

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.