Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ellobird

VIP Member
Apparently BGS did a big targeted scholarship offering at the end of last year. Matthew Lloyd’s son and a job for him running their football program was their number 1 priority but they didn’t accept so Oscar was one of their next targets.
Didn’t Matthew Lloyd end up at Haileybury? I thought he got in trouble for drinking with parents of the football team he coached?

LadyBossCEO#1

That’s a massive reach and inserting meaning that simply isn’t there. Gratitude for something not happening ≠ there’d be no pride in the event that it did happen.

You’re proud of your parent who served the nation, but I’d imagine if the nation had not be in a situation where conscription was a reality, your family would probably be grateful that your loved one avoided the horrific realities of war and active service.
Clearly my understanding and knowledge of WW1 and military history has meant I read more into her comment than you. I think the wording from Bec should have been better and more considered in what is a sacred day for many. I'm allowed my opinion and just wanted to share and see if others felt the same.
I would think most parents would say they sent their child off to war whether they were conscripted or not.
And just for your info, every single soldier who fought overseas in WW1 volunteered and was not conscripted.

KmartByron

Chatty Member
do you think it is BGS Scotch or CGS @ActiveLies??
with his cricket ability I have no doubt a sporting scholarship was on the cards
Surely CGS - they would’ve pulled all the stops for their star alumni’s star child. And then they can send Billie there as well, whereas Scotch & BGS are single sex (plus scotch too far away).

Nadia spotted at the Henne warehouse sale today. Crazy lines (lol) to enter and pay, she was there working - finding different sizes for people, working behind the register, spending time talking to girls in line. I had a quick chat to her and she was just lovely.
Was she as tiny as she appears in real life?