Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Disney are huge on copyright.
I've heard of crafters in the US losing their houses because Disney came after them. And these were only small time crafters not in the media like audrey is.
I think her paintings are very amateur tbh. She hasn't improved at all with them. Clearly copied Sophie tea who is always progressing and looking at other ideas and isn't afraid of moving on from what she's known for.

Reactions: 5

imbackagain

I saw she is now painting things like Mickey Mouse and Chanel - surely there are copyright issues with these? Not like Audrey would check!

• Wow
Reactions: 5

rhill

Audrey Hamilton is an artist from Dublin, Ireland. She used to be an actress in LA before returning to Dublin and becoming an artist. While most artists struggle to sell their work at first, Audrey seems to have no problem selling mediocre art. Being friends with influencers like Georgie Crawford seems to have helped a lot. Would be interested to hear other people's thoughts on her and her 'art'!

Reactions: 4

Streakytanz

Show us what She said. Haha
Here you go, I didn’t want to crap on Audrey’s business style because I think it works...as much as I disagree with how popular it is simply because of insta fame. Anyway, I thought she’d be reasonable and not bite my head off. I posted from my public artists page too.

Attachments

• Wow

Streakytanz

Are people actually spending that kind of money on her jumpers…sorry I mean apparel
God only knows why, they don’t look v nice. She’s moving on from painting, I don’t think she has the creativity to move her art in a new direction? There’s only so many boobs and animals you can paint before it gets boring. She did herself a great disservice by not supporting other Irish artists……but she’s not on their level.

Keggsy

Chatty Member
Here you go, I didn’t want to crap on Audrey’s business style because I think it works...as much as I disagree with how popular it is simply because of insta fame. Anyway, I thought she’d be reasonable and not bite my head off. I posted from my public artists page too.
Good on you for calling her out. Immediately went all defensive so you know you are right. Some amount of struggling artists out there and Audrey is raking it in

Keggsy

Chatty Member
The boob paintings will be no more soon... Sophie Tea is moving in different direction with her paintings so I'm sure we'll see the same with this one soon
I think she’ll follow Sophie Tea’s lead and I do feel sorry for Sophie. She’s put in the work over the years

itgal21

I was dying to pick up one of the pieces as I really do love her prints & have two myself - but 180 quid for the jumper!! That’s more expensive than the prints themselves

• Wow
Ah here- the “Hiiii Guyyyyssss Happy Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday” just HAS to stop. The constant hair fixing and touching behind the ear gets on my tits. What is it with her pulling these ridiculous “hilarious” faces every time she’s posing for a photo?

rhill

I dont understand why she needs so much of her personal life on her art page, defo a marketing strategy

Keggsy

Chatty Member
Her post about how Jack Proposed is nothing short of a paragraph from Ross O Carroll Kelly books when his wife says how he proposed

dottypops

Absolutely, it’s very disheartening, she’s inthe right places and knows the right people to help grow her business. Very fortunate and could always use her privilege to highlight other artists .... but that’s just taking away business. Well, probably not!!

That’s awful! I wonder who she did the conference with? Geez, they could at least get an art school graduate to give an honest full-circle perspective.
The conference was the Shona project afaik.

Streakytanz

Just found this thread- thank you for pointing out the Sophie T comparison!! Deffo ripped her off, I’m also an artist and so infuriated by her!! It’s like if you market it well enough on the gram you can sell anything🤯😩
Absolutely, it’s very disheartening, she’s inthe right places and knows the right people to help grow her business. Very fortunate and could always use her privilege to highlight other artists .... but that’s just taking away business. Well, probably not!!

So some sort of online conference or something has her speaking about art and how it is important for kids in school. Do these people not realize there are real artists out there struggling like hell and she’s just got in the game by her influencer friends. It’s an absolute disgrace if you ask me. Give the real artists a platform like that to promote themselves. Shocking
That’s awful! I wonder who she did the conference with? Geez, they could at least get an art school graduate to give an honest full-circle perspective.

Heygooooyyyyzzzzz

I wasn’t in her year so couldn’t say too much about school but agree with her being in with the “cool gang” and not having much time for others. To be fair though my year was exactly the same, run by a Regina George and her minions as I like to say 😂 she is from a wealthy background from what I know. Again though, not unusual for that school.

I was looking at old posts and Audrey said she donated 50% of whatever the koala bear was called. She donated 20k so she made 20k herself off one painting?? No wonder they could afford to move recently!

Tweedledeedoo

I’ve set up a new account and I can’t say much for fear of outing myself but I went to the same school as Audrey and I also know of her husband. They both come from money and they both have always wanted fame. It was just a case of how they were going to get it.

Streakytanz

Agree, drives me mad how animated she is on her stories. Unfortunately I do think that whole act is part of her success - being able to talk on camera etc. I'm a part time artist myself and wouldn't have the confidence to do that. I always thought it was way too convenient how she just fell into the art world, but of course having all those influencer friends helps too!! I think some of her art could be nice for kids, but the rest is so over hyped. I feel like she could upload a painting of anything and people would like 'omg so amazing, how do I buy this??' What the hell
She is definitely over-hyped, her work is nice and good enough but not to the scale she is selling it. She was in the right place, at the right time and with the right friends - I can’t believe the amount of prints she sells. It seems she painted ten pieces, got prints made and sells the shit out of them. I absolutely hate the new bum painting - it’s just so ugly and cartoonish, but the pastel brigade will keep her in business. She is stealing a lot of ideas from Sophie T who is another one churning them out to the influencers, but at least she is constantly creating new pieces. As an artist myself it’s very demotivating, getting prints made is expensive and she can afford to rent a studio and the marketing all within a year. Crazy. Maybe I’m envious but I also think the work isn’t all it’s made out to be. And the ‘hiii guyyyyysss’ is irritating.

• Heart