Ashley James

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's such a private intimate thing to show yourself like that, just seems weird she wants to show it to the world!

Reactions: 5
It's such a private intimate thing to show yourself like that, just seems weird she wants to show it to the world!
Because nothing is sacred for her. She just goes under the ‘I just want to normalise...’ with everything. There’s nothing not normal about this. It’s private. There’s a difference. By all means discuss it with your girlfriends, family; but why broadcast it to everyone? Especially if it’s something that upsets you? I get the feeling she doesn’t have many genuine friends who’d care about things like this...
One thing I do agree with her. I wish the postpartum care in this country (originally from abroad) was a bit better. Luckily I’ve had lovely GPs who have listened and cared about me. But I do agree gynaecologist should be a routine thing after giving birth. Unfortunately I guess it stems down to NHS not having enough funds? She’s lucky she can afford it so should stop crying wolf.

Reactions: 8
To be fair it shouldn’t be a big deal if he is bi. It’s really hard for bi men to come out so if he is keeping it private I would understand that.

Reactions: 1
She really seems to hate men. I’ve noticed the whole breastfeeding thing was about how breasts aren’t just for men (but then in some of the pictures begging for male attention) just now she’s banging on about how women are croticised for ageing yet men aren’t? Seems like she’s really butthurt about men in general. I don’t think someone clearly so insecure is good influencer material

Reactions: 7
Bragging about paying off her student loan, who gives a tit. I didn't think many people saw it as actual debt..it's not counted in mortgage applications or personal loans (I don't think).

It's the best loan/debt you'll ever get.

I do like the theme of her message, that there's no timetable or timescale for when a person should reach each milestone

Reactions: 7
Bragging about paying off her student loan, who gives a tit. I didn't think many people saw it as actual debt..it's not counted in mortgage applications or personal loans (I don't think).

It's the best loan/debt you'll ever get.

I do like the theme of her message, that there's no timetable or timescale for when a person should reach each milestone
Most people won’t pay of their student loans for years and years and years. But she’s loaded so she’s fine 😂 mine comes out before I even see my pay so I don’t think twice about it but it is annoying knowing I’m just paying a lot of interest

Reactions: 2
Think she’s lost the plot. Re Harry and Meghan - she’s say that because they’ve discussed their ‘feelings’ we don’t need to hear the other side. So ruddy patronising the way she speaks as well. Would not give her any money to ‘coach’ me 😂

Reactions: 6
Think she’s lost the plot. Re Harry and Meghan - she’s say that because they’ve discussed their ‘feelings’ we don’t need to hear the other side. So ruddy patronising the way she speaks as well. Would not give her any money to ‘coach’ me 😂
I thought that aswell! She’s going on if you only see 6 you won’t see 9, I get the point but that’s exactly what she’s doing but the other way around ie blindly taking Meghan and Harry’s side. I would imagine like most things there was right and wrong on both sides

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I thought that aswell! She’s going on if you only see 6 you won’t see 9, I get the point but that’s exactly what she’s doing but the other way around ie blindly taking Meghan and Harry’s side. I would imagine like most things there was right and wrong on both sides
Exactly. There’s always two sides to every story. I think my eyes crossed at one point re 6 and 9 😂

• Haha
She is so preachy, I can already see her being the mother in law from hell when her son's older. Watch out ladies!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Eurgh! I’ve never posted on here but I’ve been pushed too far by Ashley today and I need to vent somewhere!
I actually have a love/hate relationship with Ashley. It’s refreshing to see a young woman talk about feminism and other taboo subjects but her ignorance of her privilege just really riles me up!
I don’t care if you see your gifted baby products and free medical appointments as simple perks of being an influencer. The fact is, your audience don’t get any of these privileges and your blasé tone of allllllll the extremely expensive baby items you’ve been given is startling when during a pandemic many pregnant and new mums are visiting food banks to get by.
Many women are in low paid, demeaning jobs, with threats of unemployment due to the pandemic. So the feminism you speak of only resonates with white, rich women. I’m not saying middle class because there’s many middle class women who
Cannot
Afford to pay for 1-2-1 reformer Pilates classes.
It’s £25 per class with 8 other women for a basic reformer class with a normal Pilates instructor where I live up North. I dread to imagine how much a one on one class would cost, centre of London, and with a trained female health instructor. It would easily cost 1/3 of your weekly statutory maternity pay. Would be lovely to have but ummm no thanks I need to buy nappies and food from my mat pay.
This is why when Ashley gives advice to other mums to demand a physical or female health professional appointment is so tone deaf. I’ve been waiting for over 6 months to have a meeting with a consultant for my prolapse which has been delayed due to waiting lists and COVID. I simply can’t afford to pay private.
Ashleys had sooooo many items gifted to her that’s she has forgotten that she has a second baby mat stored elsewhere. 2 mats for the one baby?! How many other baby products does she have the privilege to forget about?

Reactions: 22
I’m sure Ashley looks on here so I would like to give her some advice.
Why don’t you recognise your privilege and run regular giveaways for a baby product or some new fabulous underwear or hair wraps or whatever else it is that you have to promote that day. This gives mere mortals a chance to win an out of reach desired product and also would give you the semblance of being on the side of your audience whilst increasing your followers and engagement. Win win for all concerned.
Secondly, Learn some bloody nursery rhymes and teach them to your son instead of dismissing them and singing rap music to your son. You’re not a ‘cool mom’ for doing this. Honestly it’s pig ignorance and I feel sorry for you as if you’d been to any baby class or sensory class you’d know how to interact with your child. Nursery rhymes have lasted the rest of time for a reason . The simplistic repetition of words imprint on your babies brain and will help them no end once it comes to talking and communicating later on. This doubly helps if your learn ‘action’ nursery rhymes as it boosts motor skills, coordination and the bond between mother and son when you copy facial expressions and hand actions. Why don’t next time you plonk your what 9 week old baby in front of the tv for the umpteenth time that day you google, go on Pinterest, follow the gazillion Instagram accounts for baby development on things you can do to interact with your baby. Or, was your question on Instagram about ideas for baby activities a ploy for toy companies to gift you even more items I wonder?

Reactions: 13
The whole ‘nobody tells you!’ thing is really annoying too. I agree that things could be more transparent in some areas but at the end of the day it’s up to you as an individual to educate yourself about birth and beyond. It’s not as if she’s a teen mum who doesn’t have a clue, even if this stuff was taught at school who would remember it at 30+ anyway? She didn’t do pelvic floor exercises because she thought she was mentally tough enough to give birth without them and nobody told her they were for after the birth etc? Right okay, that’s her fault for not looking into it and doing her infamous ‘research’. She is so entitled, it’s ridiculous.

Yeah just admit you didn't do the pelvic floors as you are too lazy like the rest of us! 😂
🤣🤣🤣🤣 I constantly forget to do them but they really do help me. It’s when I cough or sneeze and nearly pee myself, that’s when I think ‘I need get back on these exercises’. If that wasn’t an issue I wouldn’t do them either 🤣!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.