Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

littlepup

VIP Member
Thank you so much. So I saw a few doctors between 4-7 months ago that completely dismissed it as a stage of weaning - he was way past the first stages of weaning. Saw a couple more all who dismissed it. But we are absolutely CMPA here and so I waited to see the dietician incase they had any insight. They said it’s not their area and to take them back to the GP. First GP said ‘it can happen’. I’m at a loss currently but know there’s something wrong x
How frustrating and time wasting for you too! @InTheDollsHouse is definitely your girl for CMPA.
All I can say is keep pushing, perhaps even check out the relevant NICE guidelines to ensure they’re following them because as I say, we’re now in a situation of withholding which has made it ten times worse. That ERIC site has a helpline that may be able to help.
My LO is like a different person pre and post poo, at least one day every week is physical and emotional distress & pain for them. I wish I’d have known to push harder sooner for a clear treatment path.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
Ooh Stacey Solomon is on TM tomorrow too! Wonder if she will be on the same time as Ash. Don’t think Trollomon will hold back.

IMG_3199.jpeg

totaltatt

Yep, she's nothing if not predictable. Or maybe she always gets her ideas from here? Would make sense seeing as thinking isn't her strong point.

willowtree2

VIP Member
That cot was always built in Ashley’s room. Ada slept in it for a while but they didn’t move it to the attic. Ashley claims the cot was the reason Ada didn’t sleep 😂

That and the vest obviously!
For some reason I thought she still used a co sleeper bassinet 🥴 They’re both still a pair of idiots 🤣

willowtree2

VIP Member
Here’s a logical idea: let’s not build a proper cot because we’re moving house soon so we’ll go with a travel cot in the loft

Also Ashley’s logic: we move in 6 weeks! Let’s build the cot!
0C2274A3-7909-45DC-9EAD-66F08D64927A.png

Elle055

I wish she was on tomorrow. Kate Silverton is on talking about banning smart phones for kids and too much screen time. Love to see Ash talk about that!

I know it wasn’t aimed at me but thought I’d respond too as we don’t have any underlying issues as far as I know. We did suspect CMPA for a time as they’ve always had problems on and off but there was no evidence of it eventually or change from elimination diets.
We were initially prescribed Lactulose (you can buy over the counter) but it didn’t work so I went back and they gave us movicol but I couldn’t get it into them in enough quantity no matter how I disguised it, that or it just wasn’t working. Either way I went back and they said we needed a hospital referral. First I was told ‘there’re no appointments, we can’t book over 3mths in advance so you’ll just have to wait.’ We were resorting to glycerine suppositories and kept trying with the other stuff when it got really bad. We finally got the appointment and we’re prescribed docusate and a blood test which came back clear then discharged before we even had a chance to see if it worked. It didn’t. I think it’s partially psychological now too because it’s so distressing trying to pass it.
I was back in to the GP this week and miraculously got a locum who was really clued up.
I said I wasn’t prepared to keep giving these things that were just causing painful cramps but no poop and I didn’t even know what quantity, combination or schedule with all the different things anymore. She said movicol was the best. Docusate I could get rid of as it’s likely to cause the cramps. Lactulose I can keep doing 10ml as it’s pretty mild. She’s prescribed adult movicol (it’s stronger so LO will need to drink less) and a disimpactaton and maintenance plan. Also the numbing stuff. Just waiting for it to come in. We have to increase the dose daily until we have brown water twice then find the maintenance dose that results in daily poop that soft but not liquid for 2 months. She explained the muscle has stretched now so doesn’t send the normal signals to go, it has to regain its tone before it’ll work properly again.
I wish they’d have suggested that before we waited on the hospital for so long and the pain and distress has blown it up into a withholding problem.
They suggested this is a great resource https://eric.org.uk/advice-for-children-with-constipation/
I’m not suggesting you do what we’ve been recommended at all, every case is different or has underlying issues of course and I don’t even know if it’ll work yet. But it’s been a long process to get to something that could have arguably been suggested way back so it might help to know.
eta: I shall prob ask for this to be deleted in a few days x
Kate Silverton was a guest on Ferne Cotton's Happy Place podcast talking about this very recently if anyone wants a listen.

InTheDollsHouse

VIP Member
So is, she buying all these outfits for her appearances on TM? I'm not sure if they have to bring their own clothes or there is a rail for them to choose from? Have no idea how it works? 🤔
How very dare you suggest that anyone at TM would choose something like that!

Reactions: 1

Jjsb

She's obviously looking for a deal with a removal company... Was thinking of Davis and Mac who are a popular company with the Chelsea set like Binky F and Millie M.
I didn't know they gifted her last move!

Reactions: 1