Ashley James #20 Overcooked baby, undercooked allplants, how many times have we seen her pants?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry to derail and make this about me, but as some of you know, I am preggo (same or very similar gestation as head...fun) but unfortunately this week we have hit a complication out of the blue. My now planned homebirth is totally off the table and looking at either elective csection or induction. My mind has been going back and forth all week wondering what is the best for me and bubs. How Ashley is just so flippant about such a big surgery is mind boggling. The surgery itself doesn't bother me, but the recovery does. I have a two year old who can't have a mummy lay in bed for two weeks. She truly lives in another world. I'm definitely in a bad mood lol but having to unfollow her now as she just sees this as like a little holiday and everyone around her will have to cater to all her needs and wishes.
I’m so sorry that you’ve had a worry at this late stage ❤

Don’t forget that Ash is totally deluded about recovery and 2 weeks in bed is not what happens! Especially with elective, you’re encouraged out of bed the following day.

I haven’t had a c section or induction so I can’t give any personal views on either, but can I ask why you’re faced with the decision and can’t wait for labour to start on its own? (You absolutely do not have to answer this xx)

Ultimately only you can choose what’s best for your family, with the information that you’re given for your unique circumstance ❤

Sending you so much love xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Sorry to derail and make this about me, but as some of you know, I am preggo (same or very similar gestation as head...fun) but unfortunately this week we have hit a complication out of the blue. My now planned homebirth is totally off the table and looking at either elective csection or induction. My mind has been going back and forth all week wondering what is the best for me and bubs. How Ashley is just so flippant about such a big surgery is mind boggling. The surgery itself doesn't bother me, but the recovery does. I have a two year old who can't have a mummy lay in bed for two weeks. She truly lives in another world. I'm definitely in a bad mood lol but having to unfollow her now as she just sees this as like a little holiday and everyone around her will have to cater to all her needs and wishes.
Good luck with everything and I hope you have a smooth recovery 💞 this thread will be here when you need 3am entertainment x

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m so sorry that you’ve had a worry at this late stage ❤

Don’t forget that Ash is totally deluded about recovery and 2 weeks in bed is not what happens! Especially with elective, you’re encouraged out of bed the following day.

I haven’t had a c section or induction so I can’t give any personal views on either, but can I ask why you’re faced with the decision and can’t wait for labour to start on its own? (You absolutely do not have to answer this xx)

Ultimately only you can choose what’s best for your family, with the information that you’re given for your unique circumstance ❤

Sending you so much love xxx
You guys are the best!
On Tuesday I had my normal 38 week midwife appoint and found bump is the size of 41 weeks. Went for growth scan on wed and bubs is absolutely fine and a perfectly normal weight, however I have tit tonnes of amniotic fluid and have been diagnosed with Polyhydramnios. Google has been my enemy 🤦🏻‍♀️. The worry is if I go into spontaneous labour and my waters break, it may cause bubs to be shunted up and the cord to prolapse which would leave 3-5 minutes to get her out before the worst happens.
The good news is they can slowly break my waters in a controlled way so that doesn't happen, but now my other concern is why I have too much as it can be due to genetic conditions (so of course I've been googling everything).
Sorry to get it all out on tattle 🤦🏻‍♀️. Unsolicited advice is absolutely welcome here haha xx
---
Good luck with everything and I hope you have a smooth recovery 💞 this thread will be here when you need 3am entertainment x
Thank you lovely 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 18
You guys are the best!
On Tuesday I had my normal 38 week midwife appoint and found bump is the size of 41 weeks. Went for growth scan on wed and bubs is absolutely fine and a perfectly normal weight, however I have tit tonnes of amniotic fluid and have been diagnosed with Polyhydramnios. Google has been my enemy 🤦🏻‍♀️. The worry is if I go into spontaneous labour and my waters break, it may cause bubs to be shunted up and the cord to prolapse which would leave 3-5 minutes to get her out before the worst happens.
The good news is they can slowly break my waters in a controlled way so that doesn't happen, but now my other concern is why I have too much as it can be due to genetic conditions (so of course I've been googling everything).
Sorry to get it all out on tattle 🤦🏻‍♀️. Unsolicited advice is absolutely welcome here haha xx
---

Thank you lovely 🥰
Oh mate. Fingers crossed for a safe delivery, hope whichever option you choose it’s goes perfectly xx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
@Beepbopbooploopdoop oh poor you. Sending you lots of love. I was induced first time and I can’t lie, it’s a marathon not a sprint (no Ash pun intended 😂🙈). If you go down that route be prepared for it to possibly take longer than you think (I thought I’d be in and out 😂😂🙈). Pace yourself is what I’m saying. And use whatever pain relief you feel comfortable with as the contractions when you’re induced tend to give you less of a build up to ease in to them (second birth was spontaneous labour, so just comparing the two from my experiences). You’ve got this Mumma. And you’re going to wonderful xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It’s totally ludicrous, isn’t it.
Just to say I had to be induced for two pregnancies and for me second baby induction was a total dream. First took an age, but second time round my body just got on with it very efficiently. Recovery was very quick compared to first. Some benefits to having a second baby for sure!!

• Heart
Sending lots of positivity your way! And wishing you all the best for whatever option you go with.

Feel free to message if you want to chat annything about induction. Know there are lots of people on here who could speak to the c-section recovery too x

• Heart
It’s totally ludicrous, isn’t it.
Just to say I had to be induced for two pregnancies and for me second baby induction was a total dream. First took an age, but second time round my body just got on with it very efficiently. Recovery was very quick compared to first. Some benefits to having a second baby for sure!!
I also had 2 inductions and like you first took ages and had to have the drip, pushing for absolutely ages, the second my waters were broken and we were away no stitches and relatively pain free

• Heart
Reactions: 4
You guys are the best!
---

Thank you lovely 🥰
I had induction for first pregnancy ( had signs of preeclampsia) sadly ended up with emergency CS because of failed forceps and subsequent cord prolapse so can totally understand your worries
my second delivery was a planned CS ....totally different experience and so much better all round- I was in total control of planning care for my elder daughter and husband was able to take 2 weeks off after our daughter was born, to help around the house .
I was up and out of the house by day 7 and taking both of them to baby group ( it was just before Christmas and there was playgroup party...husband was Santa Claus! )
fortunately had no post op complications and but made sure I took regular pain, ate well and always had a drink close at hand when I was breastfeeding ( lots of nutritious food - soups and stews to help heal and prevent constipation!)
I think knowing the date allows you to be more organised and plan ahead ( especially when it comes to food and childcare) , especially important when you already have another child at home ...
Hope it all goes as smoothly as possible
Ash on the other hand is in for a total shock if she thinks she can wallow in bed for a fortnight post delivery!

• Heart
You guys are the best!
---

Thank you lovely 🥰
Sending love & luck to you! I developed Poly quite late on with my 3rd and my levels returned to normal a few days before delivery. I had an induction with my 1st I unknowingly had poly due to no additional scans and general tit care (measured 49 weeks on admission 😵💫) but waters broke with no complications. Google is defo not your friend (but I know it’s impossible to not ✨ research ✨ lol)

You’ve got this! Whatever you decide will be what’s best for you both xxx

• Heart
You guys are the best!
---

Thank you lovely 🥰
My friend had Polyhydramnios and she and her baby were *absolutely fine*

Such a hard decision to be faced with, and a huge worry. Google is not your friend at times like this but we’d all be the same and it’s hard to stay away x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I honestly can't thank you all enough for your comments. They have massively got me out of my bad mood. Thank you 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I find the phrase ‘watch his programmes’ (like he’s watching a bloody Louis Theroux documentary or something) as cringe as ✨ baby girl ✨

Reactions: 8
omg imagine she calls the kid Aqua.
@Beepbopbooploopdoop oh poor you. Sending you lots of love. I was induced first time and I can’t lie, it’s a marathon not a sprint (no Ash pun intended 😂🙈). If you go down that route be prepared for it to possibly take longer than you think (I thought I’d be in and out 😂😂🙈). Pace yourself is what I’m saying. And use whatever pain relief you feel comfortable with as the contractions when you’re induced tend to give you less of a build up to ease in to them (second birth was spontaneous labour, so just comparing the two from my experiences). You’ve got this Mumma. And you’re going to wonderful xx

I was induced too and it does take longer than you think. I had a failed foley induction (would warn anyone off that, was nearly worse than labour!) so I'd go straight for the drip.

Also remember - absolutely no pain relief like Ash. except for the gas & air, tens machine and pethidine allowed xxxxxxxxx

(p.s I skipped all that tit and went straight for the epidural, highly recommend!)

• Heart
I honestly can't thank you all enough for your comments. They have massively got me out of my bad mood. Thank you 😘
Sorry to derail but I had similar complication diagnosed at 36 weeks combined with unstable heart rate, and had the most wonderful planned/emergency c section. Whatever you choose sending hugs and positive vibes.

• Heart
Ahhh these babies like to throw curveballs last minute! It’s absolutely ok to have that time to process not having the birth you expected and work through that.

I had an induction due to pre-eclampsia and had a vaginal delivery, the pessary worked for me but I was 42+ weeks so “overcooked” 🙄.

A friend chose an elective c-section with the same condition as you, and that was the right choice for her and her baby. She did say that she felt very shrivelled after, like she’d been in the bath too long 🤣

Just shows with all these experiences that Ash doesn’t live in the real world and doesn’t have this mum community to lean into.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.