Ashley James #2 Parental warnings I pay no heed, did you know I exclusively breastfeed?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe he can’t sleep as it looks like a bloody disco in there 🤣 so bright whatever light she has on then some sort of night light/projector

also agree with all the stuff in his cot?! Serves no purpose, whys she said she’s moved it to the bottom of the cot? Surely move it out 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 5
I used to like her but she's actually driving me INSANE. Her whole speech every single night is so draining and makes everyone else feel so inadequate as a parent. Does she read here?
NO you DO NOT exclusively breastfeed - Alfie is being weaned.
If you feel 'bad' about going back to work and that he won't be as attached to you because of it then don't go - stop going on about it and making other parents feel tit who HAVE to go back to work to survive.
If he won't take a tommee tippee bottle - use another brand.
If he won't sleep at night- move the tit from his cot. Letting him Co sleep is probably WORSE in this heat.
YES we know this time 2 years ago you were single and living your best life and didn't want kids - poor Tommy is all I can say.

Jesus, she has become insufferable. Phew that feels better! Thank you 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
I was going to reply to her story saying that the projector is probably what keeps waking him up as if he stirs it’s so stimulating that will wake him but thought can’t be arsed with her then moaning about unwanted advice 🙄🙄🙄

her usual moan of ‘society pressures/norms’…. Bore off… such a beef with the society she lives just bloody move then! And that comment a mum lies about doing the school run…. I mean come on 🙄🙄🙄

people can work and still be attached to their baby does she not know that?! It’s just another way to get in that she breast feeds and a moan about society!

and I’m sorry but was there any need to flash her nipple 2/3 times on her story- surely she saw she did that…. She’s so desperate for someone to comment so she can moan again!!!!

Reactions: 8
I mean everyone has pretty much covered everything I wanted to say 🤣 here’s a thought maybe she could get of Instagram, sort her new house out and go to work like most mums do. Why is she asking us what to do about Alf when she goes to work (clearly wanted to get in that she’s going to be on tele tomorrow) speak to the people at Jeremy Vine show god knows I’m sure they know she’s had a baby and he’s exclusively breastfeed (in between food pouches)
Somebody actually said on her insta “I think it would be so great to see a mother BF on live tv” 🙄
Rant over (for now)🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Trotting out the attachment parenting crap! I really hate these labels. Every parent attends to their babies needs and has a close bond it’s not exclusive to the AP club. Been there done that with going back to work and it hasn’t affected me and my daughters relationship, soon to do it with my son which I’m not looking forward to but that’s life and hearing how she’s read ‘theories’ isn’t going to help anyone who feels bad either

She doesn’t know how lucky she is! To “work” like she does - from her phone, in her massive new house - rather than being in a formal environment where you need to be somewhere at a certain time and stay there for a certain amount of time! She needs a reality check. She mentioned about going to the Jeremy Vine show and the logistics of that- she has the option / ability to Zoom if needed.

Women that go back to work (at any stage of their kids lives) are not damaging their children Ashley!!! Urgh she’s infuriating.

Also, the nipple slip during last night’s rant was uncalled for 🙄 put on a proper top.

Reactions: 7
What is all that ‘rubbish’ stored at the bottom of the cot? Omg!!! Talk about a SIDS risk!!! Teddy by his side; a wall hanging that’s falling down at the sides and is hung up with one nail directly above Alfie’s cot; an amber bracelet that could easily snap and choke Alfie.

So much for ‘I follow science when it comes to parenting’ Ashley. For every ‘scientific’ study that Ashley cites about attachment parenting you can easily find another ‘scientific’ study that debunks the findings (I say that as a fully signed up attachment parent!).
But find me the scientific study that states a clear cot is not the best policy, don’t worry about leaving choking hazards attached to your baby unsupervised at night and a smothering risk above the cot is all totally acceptable parenting behaviour. I’ll wait…..

And don’t get me started on only just ‘researching’ weaning two months after starting the process!!! What moon does she think we all live on only weaning Alfie for three weeks? You were doing this early June back when Alfie was only 4 and a bit months old!!! Not backed by science!!! What a shame the only book she refers to doesn’t have a chapter on this or safe sleeping practices. Or does it?

And then the recent nipple showing x3 on one story, the drivel spouted on an almost daily basis now regarding an identity crisis, hankering for her old life etc. Ashley do you and ALL of us a favour - make a GP appointment (or book into a private Harley Street appointment cause the NHS isn’t good enough for you), get tested for Bordeline Personality Disorder, take the required medication or therapy or whatever it is needed and sort yourself out!!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
“Ashley do you and ALL of us a favour - make a GP appointment (or book into a private Harley Street appointment cause the NHS isn’t good enough for you), get tested for Bordeline Personality Disorder, take the required medication or therapy or whatever it is needed and sort yourself out!!”

Completely agree - she’s not right. Says one thing, does another, her views and opinions are flawed with lack of experience in childcare/motherhood and she judges without any first hand knowledge, bit like having a baby won’t change how she lives....errrr yeah right! 🙄

She seems to want her baby to grow up very quickly. Imagine her chasing after him tho once he’s fully mobile 💅🏻😂

Reactions: 2
She just doesn't appreciate how entitled and lucky she is!
28 years ago I had to return to work full time in a busy dialysis unit when my daughter was 15 weeks old with a 1 hr commute thrown in as well and husband was a junior Dr so had no time off to help me ( I'd had a traumatic delivery with an emergency caesarean for cord prolapse- which resulted in a NICU stay for her)
I continued to breastfeed her when I got home/ during the night , but she stayed at a wonderful childminder 8-6 Mon-Fri where she thankfully took a bottle!
Daughter then decided she'd had enough of breastfeeding by 10 months! ( although I was able to breastfeed her younger sister and brother for 30 months and 20months respectively)
my daughter is a perfectly adjusted young woman who has 2 degrees and is now a highly successful professional herself
what does Ashley want and why does she think she's so special?....maternity care / parental provision is so much better now than it was when I had my daughter- I didn't even have privacy to pump breast milk , so would often drive home with breast milk leaking through my clothes!
she's as bad as Beth Sandland with her level of entitlement

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I dare anyone to message her to say that as Alf is able to sit up his cot should be on the lower setting now too…. With all the research she proclaims to do how does she still do things so wrong?

Reactions: 4
I dare anyone to message her to say that as Alf is able to sit up his cot should be on the lower setting now too…. With all the research she proclaims to do how does she still do things so wrong?
I highly doubt he’s able to sit up himself. He can probably sit unsupported once she’s put him upright, but I’m sure if he was actually able to sit himself that, we would have seen the proof by now 😂

and to move that changing tray off it too!
i only kept mine permanently on the cot when they slept in a moses basket in our room. once they moved into their cots it was put at the side of it.
the whole cot set up is horrific just so cluttered

Reactions: 3
Does she ever stop. bloody. moaning. How does she take such an issue with the most menial things?? Holy mother of god, life is hard sometimes and sometimes it’s just downright tit tbh but you have to roll with the punches, if we all sat down and broadcast every little thing that bothered or inconvenienced us then no one would get anything done. How does she think mothers who work as presenters or doctors or shift workers cope? She just whinges at every bloody opportunity and HAS to throw in ‘Tommy doesn’t have to deal with this’ (Tommy deals with plenty it seems😂) it’s like she’s jealous? Or resentful somehow. And I can understand those feelings but then she separates herself from other mothers by acting like she’s so superior because of the research she’s done. She gets so many things wrong I don’t trust a word of her research but she’ll really talk down about people who don’t do things her way and then try say she doesn’t 🤷🏻‍♀️ I know in her words she’s just sharing her reality but is that really her life? No bit of positivity or light heartedness, it always has to be Ashley Vs the world, doing it for women. I think she really believes she’s doing something great for other women by talking about all these things and making an issue out of them but she’s alienating other mothers on the daily, more or less implying mothers who don’t co sleep and feed on demand are making anxious kids etc and her attitude just stinks.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’ve just caught up on her stories is the changing mat thing securely attached to the cot? If not why has she not taken it off when he’s in there 😱

Minor annoyance but I hate how she says things like baby is ‘desperate to crawl now’ she always seems to want to show him as advanced or wanting him to grow up, she did the same with sitting him up etc

Minor annoyance but I hate how she says things like baby is ‘desperate to crawl now’ she always seems to want to show him as advanced or wanting him to grow up, she did the same with sitting him up etc
she was also forcing him to stand up a few months back!

my little one was doing those same leg movements/trying to push forward at 6 months but didn’t master crawling until 11 months 🤣

Reactions: 10
I don't understand how she thinks she's going to go back to her pre-baby independence once she stops breastfeeding. Yeah ok she won't be tied to having to feed him every couple of hours but she won't be able to come and go like she could before. A night out needs planning, arranging babysitters etc, a day out takes organisation, packing baby bags , are you going somewhere suitable for babies/toddlers etc.
While you can get your baby to fit into your previous lifestyle to some extent you're still always considering their needs so you're not totally independent, you don't go back to the pre-baby independence until they're teenagers.
I'm sure Tommy will soon tire of her bitter hard done by woman act, yeah the patriarchy is tit but she's not the only woman experiencing it, and she won't be the woman who changes the world

She’s breastfeeding so the fact the child is more dependent on her is biological not through society 🙄🙄🙄

you have the option to split maternity leave and men can take it so I don’t get what her issue is?!

I was more upset that paternity leave was so short and it’s not fair on the dads to spend less time with the children but she sees it as she’s hard done by because she can’t go off to work 🤯🤯🤯

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.