Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sparklepony

Also ‘I’ll be able to handle a toddler as I’ve read a book’. Toddlers are absolute savages… as an ‘empath’ she’ll be walked all over.

My toddler lost his shit the other day as his head wouldn’t come off his neck 🤣🤷🏼‍♀️. I’m sure the magic book explains how best to deal with the illogical 👍🏻 X
Omg this cracked me up 😂😂😂

Paulaj

I dare anyone to message her to say that as Alf is able to sit up his cot should be on the lower setting now too…. With all the research she proclaims to do how does she still do things so wrong?
I highly doubt he’s able to sit up himself. He can probably sit unsupported once she’s put him upright, but I’m sure if he was actually able to sit himself that, we would have seen the proof by now 😂

Ss-ldn

Chatty Member
Jeez, she’s not a cook is she. Cutting chicken on a wooden board 🤢.
Also love that she’s parked her baby in front of the TV so she can “work”. And did she really need to dress up with heels to eat a fairly nondescript curry?
1359640F-3357-4B3E-BE14-87413A862DE9.jpeg

Tiredbones

I have never known a young baby to watch so much tv as Alf does!! I don’t know if I’m jealous or shocked as mine never watched any till at least a year or 2. He always seems to be glued to it. Is it lazy parenting or what?! I know she has covid now but this has been going on since he was pretty much a newborn in her old flat.
I find the amount of tv he watches really concerning. Babies who have too much screen time can get ocular lock. If their eyes are fixed on a screen and not looking around their environment the muscles that make them move don't develop so they are then unable to move their eyes the full range of motion

Yessss to this whoever said it pls drop the tips, I’m up twice a night too, my eye bags are outrageous!
With mine it was a case of finding something that comforted him and helped stop crying. So shushing etc - we patted his bum - and then you use that to comfort until they go back to sleep. First couple of nights are hard as they do cry but you don’t have to leave them on their own - you can comfort with touch and voice. Plus if you are feeding then get dad/partner to do it so they can’t smell the milk and get more upset! I get that it won’t always work though - it would have made my eldest worse! Also need routine in the day with naps although once they are used to it they can nap in the pram etc so your day not massively limited. Was worth it for the sleep!

breeze7213

I don't let my 12 month old pick his clothes but I've started just offering two options for sleepsuits for bed and let him point to what one he wants. I wouldn't do it yet for daytime as like you said would take forever and definitely not give full choice as I personally feel he's too young
That’s a good idea

WeepingCassandra

VIP Member
Ahh thanks for the detail in this. On the surface I thought it was very much like normal nursery as my 3 year old and walks into his nursery room and can do what he fancies inside or out but obviously there is structure for meals and story time etc but they are quite flexible.
Montessori sounds awful- no painting or good old fun plastic toys??? My todder would die of boredom 🤣🤣🤣
Oh, I think they can do painting and things like messy play, but it's if they choose to do it. So if your kid isn't into picking up a paintbrush and whacking paint on a bit of paper, they could never learn how to do it.

Stewart123

Slight change of subject but whatever happened to the Mamas & Papas crib she was advertising a few weeks ago? Was it literally just on loan for the ad?!