Ashley Cain and Saffy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just wish they now took this precious time to spend with their baby. I don't want to sound harsh at all but awareness has been made a 1000% and if it was me, the last thing I would want to be doing is uploading constantly. I really hope she doesn't suffer in the little time she has left and they enjoy every moment with her xx
I agree. I feel like now is the time to stop posting videos... the poor wee soul needs rest and I found the story of Saffy and her sister (?) a little...obnoxious. I know that won't be popular opinion on here. I know they are likely trying to keep spirits up but I just did not like the chanting.

Reactions: 24
I'm finding what they share a bit much, especially Saffy. She keeps looking at the camera, so awkward. I obviously feel for them but its an unusual way of dealing with it IMO

Just because you don’t understand it doesn’t make it wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
No I’m not seeing people, who are trying to be as happy as possible for their dying daughter, get called obnoxious, for duck sake

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I might be alone in this but the recent one of them dancing going 'champ' has made me feel really uncomfortable. The poor girl looks so exhausted and having her jumped and waved around without any say doesn't sit right with me, especially after saying she's bruising easily it can't be comfortable.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 72
I'm finding what they share a bit much, especially Saffy. She keeps looking at the camera, so awkward. I obviously feel for them but its an unusual way of dealing with it IMO
I agree. I wonder if posting is somewhat therapeutic for her though? I do find they are oversharing a little but that is only because I would not be posting a child on SM at all (however that is a totally different topic).

Reactions: 9
How can something so beautiful be snatched away... absolutely devastating. Genuinely makes me wonder what it’s all about. I’m in awe of that gorgeous family 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I agree. I feel like now is the time to stop posting videos... the poor wee soul needs rest and I found the story of Saffy and her sister (?) a little...obnoxious. I know that won't be popular opinion on here. I know they are likely trying to keep spirits up but I just did not like the chanting.
Just seen you've thought similar after I posted. I don't think obnoxious is the right word, but the girl is dying and chanting and waving her around on camera doesn't feel appropriate.

Reactions: 27
Maybe they are just still posting because they feel immensely proud of their beautiful little girl and want to show the world how beautiful she is and how strong she has been throughout an extremely tough battle, they don’t have to hide her away because she is terminally ill, they are proud and loving parents and by continuing to document her battle they are raising huge amounts of awareness of the devastation that is infant and childhood cancers, azaylia is so beautiful, it’s just heartbreaking, azaylia and her parents have achieved incredible things in such a short space of time, over 1.5 mil raised which is a huge sum of money, Ashley has said any excess which hasn’t been used on azaylia will go to help other families in similar positions, obviously an amount of that money will already have been used for Singapore to attempt to make her treatment, living expenses while they’ve been living out of hospital, covering bills while not earning etc, but I’m sure some other families will benefit from it too, a huge amount of people registered to become bone marrow donors in the space of a couple of days, I can’t remember the number but it was an unprecedented amount never seen before, hopefully many other cancer patients will benefit from that, and of course the huge awareness continuing to be raised which will continue to encourage people to register as blood donors and bone marrow donors, these are huge achievements, more then a lot of people in their whole lifetimes, azaylia has had such a huge impact which through those amazing achievements will continue long after she has passed, she really is a true champion.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I might be alone in this but the recent one of them dancing going 'champ' has made me feel really comfortable. The poor girl looks so exhausted and having her jumped and waved around without any say doesn't sit right with me, especially after saying she's bruising easily it can't be comfortable.
I am glad I am not the only one thinking that... I get the sentiment but it felt inappropriate. Obnoxious was not the correct word

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Also I feel like the reason they are still posting azaylia is because they are trying to keep things as normal as possible, like someone else said it probably gives them comfort and it’s what they are used to doing and if it does give them comfort let them be, Saf and Ashley will stop posting when they think it’s time to stop. I know it’s not nice to see her in this way but they probably just want to share the last few days they have with their gorgeous baby with everyone and no one should judge them for that.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Honestly this thread should be closed. Some of the comments here are awful.

No one should pass any judgment of how Saf or Ashley are dealing with this or what they post, they are the most amazing strongest parents! I am so grateful they are keeping up update with posts, I am constantly checking for them.
I have fallen in love with this little lion as have thousands of others. The fact they share these moments with us make me feel so grateful.

Praying for you our little hero Azaylia!!

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I am glad I am not the only one thinking that... I get the sentiment but it felt inappropriate. Obnoxious was not the correct word
No I know what you meant though. It felt like it was more for their benefit and not thinking of azaylia. They're probably just not thinking straight atm. If they want to act like that after or away from her that's fine, but physically handling her like that isnt good.

• Angry
Reactions: 18
Unless you’re in their position you really can’t judge how they’re dealing with it. If they didn’t post anything they’d be bombarded with messages asking what was going on. It’s part of their life and they’re just trying to get through it as best they can.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
There’s no right or wrong. I’m not an active person on social media so it probably wouldn’t feel normal for me to share but who knows what I would do in their position, I don’t even want to consider that I might be. Just let people do what they are comfortable with it’s their baby and they probably have so many people friends and family who will want to know what’s going on and it’s the easiest way for them to update them x

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Yeah I get what some people are saying but it’s none of our places to judge. Hopefully we never find ourselves in their position to know what way we would be.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
No I know what you meant though. It felt like it was more for their benefit and not thinking of azaylia. They're probably just not thinking straight atm. If they want to act like that after or away from her that's fine, but physically handling her like that isnt good.
Their baby is dying. They get to do whatever the hell they need to do to keep going.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Its breaking my heart thinking of them without Azaylia, she’s been their whole world for the short time she’s been here 😢 and you can see the love they have for her, and how much she loves them too. I pray that Azaylia’s passing doesn’t tear them apart, they’ll need eachother and it’ll be a long road for them 😢. Just wish we could do something to help their beautiful girl, and help them too 💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.