Anyone on the skinny jab/ pen?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
26 lbs off since the end of July

It’s fairly slow with me and I keep stalling but by lifestyle hasn’t changed much, I just feel less inclined to eat a lot.

I have to serve myself small portions because just looking at a large plate of food puts me off.

I think this isn’t a quick fix. I think it works beyond the initial side effects. I’m at a point where I do feel hunger and I do want to eat but I don’t fancy a lot of the things I enjoyed before, including gin and wine!

I have been on 3.0 since about week 5.

Reactions: 4
Where is best to buy from at the moment, simple online pharmacy doesn't seem to come up for me anymore :(
I got mine from there yesterday

Update.... I'm hovering around 12 stone still can't seem to get lower but I've lost 3.5 stone since May. Like the OP has said the feeling of fullness has werared off slightly but I'm still not picking through the day.

Update.... I'm hovering around 12 stone still can't seem to get lower but I've lost 3.5 stone since May. Like the OP has said the feeling of fullness has werared off slightly but I'm still not picking through the day.
It doesn't seem to come up for me anymore, can you maybe send me the link if that is allowed?x

Good to see you again 😊

The other day I got into the 12 stone bracket, not seen that for a few years!

I have one pound to lose to get to 2 stone.

I have some gorgeous jeans I haven’t looked at for years, some of them with tags on that will be seeing the light of day once I’ve lost another half stone or so. Shouldn’t be long.

If it wasn’t for this thread I’d probably weigh over 15 stone as it was creeping up and up before.

• Heart
Good to see you again 😊

The other day I got into the 12 stone bracket, not seen that for a few years!

I have one pound to lose to get to 2 stone.

I have some gorgeous jeans I haven’t looked at for years, some of them with tags on that will be seeing the light of day once I’ve lost another half stone or so. Shouldn’t be long.

If it wasn’t for this thread I’d probably weigh over 15 stone as it was creeping up and up before.
@PrincessCharming that's incredible well done babe. Feels fabulous doesn't it? I got a bit despondent that I wasn't losing loads like b4 but my sister ( self professed Slimming expert lol) said maybe now I'm at my optimum weight etc I've gone from a 18 to a 14 so should be grateful etc. I'll keep going and promise I won't leave it as long to check back in. Like I said b4 I wish I could dm you 😔 keep going my darling you are on fire 🔥

Reactions: 2
Hi,
Been there too. Sobbing. I’m not speaking for everyone but I think the injections work. Slow for me, 3 months to lose a stone. But I’m a big drinker.. 3 bottles of wine a week.. I too signed up for gastric surgery but ripped the form up.
I think the injections are worth a try. They are expensive
But if they kick start you is that not what we want.. if you don’t booze like me you will lose a lot more. I say try it..

Reactions: 1
Hi,
Been there too. Sobbing. I’m not speaking for everyone but I think the injections work. Slow for me, 3 months to lose a stone. But I’m a big drinker.. 3 bottles of wine a week.. I too signed up for gastric surgery but ripped the form up.
I think the injections are worth a try. They are expensive
But if they kick start you is that not what we want.. if you don’t booze like me you will lose a lot more. I say try it..
I can’t really have much in the way of wine now as it doesn’t taste right and it makes me feel lousy next day.

A stone in 3 months is good, steady progress. How would you feel about experimenting with ditching the wine for say 3 weeks to see what happens weight wise? Replace it with fizzy water, ice and lemon or something sharp (like wine), if you get my drift.

Well done, though!

I can’t really have much in the way of wine now as it doesn’t taste right and it makes me feel lousy next day.

A stone in 3 months is good, steady progress. How would you feel about experimenting with ditching the wine for say 3 weeks to see what happens weight wise? Replace it with fizzy water, ice and lemon or something sharp (like wine), if you get my drift.

Well done, though!
Hang on I’m down 1 an 1/2 stone just weighed myself this morning. Drink has always been my problem. I’m completely hung over the next day. I’m going to give it my best shot at giving it a miss for the next 7 days. I’ve just completed my fertility application and lied about my weight saying I’m 12 stone. So now I have to get into action. At 13 stone 7 it’s not that far off compared to the 15 stone I was in October. I’ve been thinking instead of wine this Friday I’m going to treat myself to a takeaway. I’m still getting a treat that way. Time to give up the wine if we are trying for a baby. I’m only sorry I didn’t fine out about the injections sooner. Once we start the fertility process I need to be off the injections

I was a wine lover too and 3 bottles in a night, not a week was not unheard of.

A couple of years back I stopped all alcohol altogether for 4 months. It was really easy and great waking up with a clear head every day. My favourite substitute was iced water. I tried 0% beer to make it feel like ibut it’s really full of calories.

I hardly touch it now. A friend got me a bottle of red for my birthday in March and I still have it. I have had white wine and bubbly but only on rare occasions.

Good luck with the weight loss continuing and the fertility treatment x

Hi - My order just arrived but I'm aiming to start them after Xmas day.....slightly nervous about jabbing myself but I'm sure I'll get over it. Has anyone got any tips? Is morning better than nighttime? I'm really hoping this works, as its sort of my last chance to get some control back over my eating. I don't actually drink alcohol, so at least there's that! But any tips gratefully recieved! Tia x

I was a wine lover too and 3 bottles in a night, not a week was not unheard of.

A couple of years back I stopped all alcohol altogether for 4 months. It was really easy and great waking up with a clear head every day. My favourite substitute was iced water. I tried 0% beer to make it feel like ibut it’s really full of calories.

I hardly touch it now. A friend got me a bottle of red for my birthday in March and I still have it. I have had white wine and bubbly but only on rare occasions.

Good luck with the weight loss continuing and the fertility treatment x
Well done. I would love to give it up. I know I can do it if I try. Thank you. Xx

Hi - My order just arrived but I'm aiming to start them after Xmas day.....slightly nervous about jabbing myself but I'm sure I'll get over it. Has anyone got any tips? Is morning better than nighttime? I'm really hoping this works, as its sort of my last chance to get some control back over my eating. I don't actually drink alcohol, so at least there's that! But any tips gratefully recieved! Tia x
The needles are teeny tiny. The 1st few days are bit tender but hardly noticeable. You can numb the are with an ice cube if you like. Squeeze up the sink and pop the needle in. I don’t feel them at all now

Well done. I would love to give it up. I know I can do it if I try. Thank you. Xx

The needles are teeny tiny. The 1st few days are bit tender but hardly noticeable. You can numb the are with an ice cube if you like. Squeeze up the sink and pop the needle in. I don’t feel them at all now
It take mine in the afternoon or morning. Whenever I get time. They supplier suggests lunchtime after you have had 2 good meals. It doesn’t make much a difference to me when I inject. Do start on the low dose. I didn’t get much nausea either. A little in the beginning bit nothing too bad. A good idea is to have help on hand if you have kids just incase you get tired, just take it easy and maybe take your 1st and 2nd injections on the days you are off work. I did need to go to bed very early in week one. I also find if I exercise more I lose more weight. I’m not sure why this is, I know everyone says diet and exercise for better weight loss but I never found the exercise worked for me (on slimming world and other diets) but it definitely makes a difference for me when taking the injections

Last edited:
Fanfare please

reached 2 stone loss today

two down, 2-3 to go
AMAZING!! What an inspiration to keep going. Hopefully I’ll be right where your at in 3 weeks. 1st Friday night with no wine. I had 1/2 a small bag of crisp and 1 large square of toblerone instead! (Who eats half a bag of crisps!) 🤣 soon you 2-3 will be 2… 1.5… nearly there. Xx

I started the jab yesterday! No effects so far but its early days. 16 stone... 5' 2". so I want at least 3 stone off but anything else would be a bonus.
OneGym about to open near me so going to give that a go too.

I had great success 1st time using it. Lost two stones, felt my hormones were back on track (was in peri-menopause) had loads of energy, felt amazing, looked fab.
But stopped as I couldn't go up to max dose due to sickness. Then results stopped.
I gained the two stones back and tried it again a year later... This time only losing 1 stone.
It's not a quick fix, but it does regulate hormones in the long term. I feel it's great for what it's meant to do, and that's sort diabetic hormones out. I wished I could have stayed on it longer, but I regained my appetite back, which BTW, isn't how it works, it's just a side effect. But it gave me a jumping off point to begin fasting while I wasn't hungry.
I may try it again.

I started a week ago. Mild side effects such as felt sick but wasn't sick. Lost 7 pounds and have upped my dose to 1.2....got about 5-7stone to shift but would be haopy with 5. 4 and a half to go!

Hi everyone!

I’m thinking about starting these, I lost a lost of weight a few years ago but now I am a lot bigger than I’ve ever been due to different hormones and treatments for endometriosis, I’ve recently had surgery and been told it is ok for me to try for a baby now (am single will be using a male donor and obviously there is no promise I will fall pregnant or be able to maintain being pregnant) but I need to loose the weight because aside from feeling like rubbish I previously had severe pre eclampsia when I was 21 in my first pregnancy and I need to reduce the risk of developing it again and loosing weight will help that.

Has anyone been in a similar position? Or anyone have any advice in general using these? Thanks!

I have an appointment with Lloyds Pharmacy on Thursday to discuss using the pen. Please can I ask those who are currently using the pen are you sticking to a calorie controlled diet? Are you able to have any alcohol? How much exercise are you doing?

Thank you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.