Anyone on the skinny jab/ pen?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you - I had 2 pens but when I tried to progress to 1.2mg I felt horribly sick so stayed on 0.6mg and never tried again. Think it was around 6 weeks ish and lost a stone. Won’t lie - I would have loved to lost a large amount but I wouldn’t have been sensible if I ate less than I was so 🤷🏼‍♀️
breakfast is 2 spoons of Greek or skyr yoghurt with berries flaked almonds and a little honey or a poached egg on toast then a banana mid afternoon and a cooked from scratch dinner but at least a 1/3 smaller if not more than I was eating before. Drinks are green tea fizzy water and the odd Diet Coke. I had occasional sweet treats too - balance and all that 😉
Congratulations! A stone is still a stone! I would love to loose a large amount but I also think having consistent meal times and sensible snacks is important which I’m hoping this jab will help me stick to. And the. After I’ve finished I can carry on.

Reactions: 4
I used to be on this, it’s amazing. I then found a lump on my thyroid, one of the big risks they don’t tell you of is thyroid cancer! I feel incredibly lucky my tests have come back cancer free and just caused a benign lump but it’s scary stuff.

• Sad
  • Wow
I used to be on this, it’s amazing. I then found a lump on my thyroid, one of the big risks they don’t tell you of is thyroid cancer! I feel incredibly lucky my tests have come back cancer free and just caused a benign lump but it’s scary stuff.
I’m so sorry you went through that. How long were you on the pens? Was this lump in your neck?

I’m so sorry you went through that. How long were you on the pens? Was this lump in your neck?
Thank you x honestly horrible time waiting! I think 4 and a half months in total? Yea, it’s formed within my thyroid it’s about 4cm which is quite large and suddenly grew. I just want people to know what can happen, I get it, it works you lose weight but at what cost?!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Thank you x honestly horrible time waiting! I think 4 and a half months in total? Yea, it’s formed within my thyroid it’s about 4cm which is quite large and suddenly grew. I just want people to know what can happen, I get it, it works you lose weight but at what cost?!
I'm so sorry to hear that. I am glad you are ok though! Can't imagine how scary that was for you.

Reactions: 1
That is quite scary, I am glad you are cancer free! Can I ask what dose you were on?

I'm so sorry to hear that. I am glad you are ok though! Can't imagine how scary that was for you.
Thank you! Xx Honestly it was the hardest time of my life waiting. As someone who was desperate to lose weight I get why you would try it they say it’s safe. I just wanna warn people what can happen and they don’t tell you.

That is quite scary, I am glad you are cancer free! Can I ask what dose you were on?
Thank you so much x. Yes of course, I done the full cycle so was on 3mg a day by the time i’d found my lump.

Reactions: 2
Anyone know if you can take this with metformin ? I’ve put it on the form and tried to google but not sure ?

Could you feel it? Glad to hear all is ok

Could you feel it? Glad to hear all is ok
Thank you x. Yes, I still can it’s almost like an extra part of your throat. I felt it originally and thought nothing of it but it got bigger. Touch wood it hasn’t grown in the couple of months since I found it.

• Heart
Today is the 4th day and I’m not noticing anything? I’ve not lost anything, I don’t feel any difference really. I spoke that I was feeling fuller before but now I’m wondering if that is just psychosomatic, you know? Like it’s all in my head because I’m taking this medicine. I’ve probably cut my calorie in take by a half because I was eating so many snacks before and now it’s 3 meals a day. I know it’s only day 4 but I’ve heard so many amazing stories of people losing so much, I just feel a bit down about my own progress. I am very overweight so it’s not like there’s nothing to lose.

Today is the 4th day and I’m not noticing anything? I’ve not lost anything, I don’t feel any difference really. I spoke that I was feeling fuller before but now I’m wondering if that is just psychosomatic, you know? Like it’s all in my head because I’m taking this medicine. I’ve probably cut my calorie in take by a half because I was eating so many snacks before and now it’s 3 meals a day. I know it’s only day 4 but I’ve heard so many amazing stories of people losing so much, I just feel a bit down about my own progress. I am very overweight so it’s not like there’s nothing to lose.
Yes you should be feeling like you are forcing yourself to eat. Are you drinking LOADS of water?

No judgement please.

I had been on the jab for about 3 weeks, had some stomach pains before I started the jab but put it down to eating awfully and drinking too much over my birthday. They increased and due to one thing and another I didn’t take the jab for a week. I started again on Sunday night and I’m getting a pain right under my left rib, not other symptoms like fever or anything but obviously I am worried about pancreatitis.

Has anyone else experienced this? Am I over thinking it? I’ve got a pen and a half left but unsure if to just give up as it was working so well.

No judgement please.

I had been on the jab for about 3 weeks, had some stomach pains before I started the jab but put it down to eating awfully and drinking too much over my birthday. They increased and due to one thing and another I didn’t take the jab for a week. I started again on Sunday night and I’m getting a pain right under my left rib, not other symptoms like fever or anything but obviously I am worried about pancreatitis.

Has anyone else experienced this? Am I over thinking it? I’ve got a pen and a half left but unsure if to just give up as it was working so well.
I would speak to your GP or practice nurse to be on the safe side. Where did you order from, could you ring them for advice?

Hope you feel better soon x

• Heart
No judgement please.

No judgement here. If you are concerned I would speak to your GP. They will be able to put your mind at rest.

• Heart
I would speak to your GP or practice nurse to be on the safe side. Where did you order from, could you ring them for advice?

Hope you feel better soon x
No judgement here. If you are concerned I would speak to your GP. They will be able to put your mind at rest.
Thank you both. Have touched in with Chemists4U but can't get in the with GP yet. Going to give it a rest and try and get an appointment if it carries on.

Day one for me today. Went out for an impromptu dinner with friends, would normally smash through a starter, main, and share a dessert but tonight I managed half a starter!
This is the weirdest thing ever, but I don’t dislike it!

I just started 1.8mg today. My appetite and portion sizes have fairly decreased. I'm eating 1200cals but some days find it hard to actually get 1200! I have about half stone off but feel more comfortable in myself. Definitely a lifestyle change.

Reactions: 3
I’ve had mine sitting in the fridge for a few days. I’m not great with jabs 😂

I’ll start on Saturday or Friday after work.

Put on 2lb this week guys .....God knows how 🤔 but I'm back at 30lb loss overall
I'm on holiday (Cornwall) on Monday and contemplating having a week off the pen and kick-starting again after the week, what do you think?.....

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.