Any strange coincidences people?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s not the most interesting but, all the females in my family have things relating in order from the number 20.

So, my sister and daughters birthdays are both the 20th, we grew up in a house numbered 21, my birthday is the 22nd which is also my nans house number, my mums birthday is the 23rd and my nans birthday is the 24th

All birthdays are different months but I always found it fascinating they went in some sort of order!

Only a couple of bizarre location coincidences spring to mind. I live in a small town in the Midlands, hardly anyone has heard of it so I just say Birmingham.

Me and my ex husband went to St Lucia on our honeymoon. On our last day they were just matching you up with whoever checked out the hotel the same time in cars to take you to the airport. The only UK flight back then was to Gatwick. We got talking to this couple we were sharing with and asked how long the journey home was back in England. Discovered they lived about 5 minutes from us 😂

Then another holiday we were in Disney World eating in the Rose and Crown at Epcot. Our server's badge said he was from Manchester. He asked where we were from and turned out he grew up on the next street. He only said Manchester for his badge because that's where he went to uni and knew more people would have heard of it than our town.
I’m interested in knowing the town as I to live in Birmingham in a place no-one’s heard of 🤔

Reactions: 2
I live in Ireland, but had gone to England to visit a friend. We went to Lakeside shopping centre and there was a man there trying to sell Lovefilm (this was years ago).

When I said no thanks he caught my accent and was asking where I’m from. Turned out he had lived in my hometown for years. Talking more about where he lived and it turned out he had lived in my dad’s house! Totally blew my mind!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
a few years ago when my children were small, we went to a party in a hotel about 350 miles from our house. I went to the car to get something for my daughter and bumped into my next door neighbours who were leaving a different function at the same hotel. What a coincidence for us both to be there (despite no link to that area), at the same time and to all be in the car park at the same time?

Reactions: 4
In 2004, my family went to Lapland as a 50th birthday present for mam (a week before Christmas). Me and my sister were sat in an igloo having a chat (in Welsh), and a woman opposite starts chatting to us..turns out she was my uncle’s neighbour and had been in school with my dad

Reactions: 1
Looked at this forum but couldn’t find any.

I once had a unbelievable coincidence once and it’s 100% true & id like to hear yours!!

on a particular hectic week we had booked a holiday to Newquay but had to attend a wedding in the Yorkshire Dales on the Saturday. So on Friday we made the long trip up north but not before a spot of breakfast in a cafe. At the table at the side of us was a young couple with a small baby who we didn’t take much notice of but I picked up the babies dummy when she’d dropped it.
They left and so did we afew minutes after.

about 3 hours into the journey we decided to have a break and nip into McDonald’s in a service station. And about 3 tables down from us, was the young couple from breakfast earlier! We noticed one another and smiled in acknowledgement. Anyway it gets weirder!!
We finished our trip and we’re stopping at my husbands uncles house in a small Yorkshire dale village called Kettlewell as the wedding was in a neighbourhood village, anyone who knows Kettlewell will know its remote and not much there, we nipped into the local pub for tea and guess who walks in? Yes the young couple from earlier! Absolutely unbelievable! Turns out they lived up there and it was their favourite pub. We are still close family friends now!

anyone else have any??
[/QUOTE

I went on a wild girls holiday in 1999 to Ayia Napa. I met my now husband (he lived 200 miles away at the TIME). His best mate met a girl the same holiday and they got married. My friend was there at the same time as me(different group) he met a girl and they're still married!
And we've all had 2 daughters!!!!

Starange eh!?

Not really sure if this counts but I’ve only ever lived in houses that are number 7. First one I lived in for 17 years was 7, moved into a flat on 7th floor that I was allocated didn’t choose as it was uni halls, after that moved in with my boyfriend who’s flat was number 7 & we currently live in a house that is number 7. I’ve never deliberately chose houses/flats because of that they just always seems to end up being number 7.

Reactions: 3
I permantley left my old job to have my baby, when the baby had just turned 1 we moved house and I kept getting letters through for the old family and I thought I recognised the name of the lady who used to live here so I facebooked her - she started working at my old job literally the week I left and has loads of mutual friends of my old colleagues!

Last night I came to bed and my husband had fell asleep with the tv on. Back to the future 3 was on, I just let it play on while I was looking at my phone and eventually the tv timed out and turned off. The film had been on the firestick and if u don’t switch it off the film just plays over and over while the tv was off. I came upstairs about 7.30 tonight and switched the tv on.... Back to the future was still playing but it was exactly at the same bit as it had been when I first came up to bed last night. How weird that the film had been playing over and over all through the night and all day today and it was at that very same bit! What are the chances lol

Went to see Cher perform in Vegas couple year back and this older couple sat next to me, didn’t take much notice but I saw what they looked like. Went Birmingham to see Cher perform last year and guess what, the couple who was sat next to me at the Vegas show was sat in front of me 😂 thought what are the odds when the Birmingham arena was really big as well!

Reactions: 6
Me and my sisters birthdays are the 6th 7th and 8th of the same month but 2 years apart then 4 years apart. My mums clearly only fertile one month a year 😂 the oldest 6th middle 7th youngst 8th

my first son was born the day my partners aunt died.
my second son was born on the same aunts wedding anniversary 🥴

I got talking to a girl when I was looking for a room in my college who also got lost looking for the same room, I saw her today which was very odd as I was in a completely different town, sat on the top deck of a bus and saw her come out of a shop
Weird!!

when my eldest started play school i met another mum who had same name as me our daughters born one day apart. she shared a wedding picture on line years later our dresses were more less identical even down to mandarin collar bolero jackets..turned out she got married same year but day after we did!

• Wow
My great-great grandmother had my great-grandmother at 19. My great-grandmother had my grandma at 19. My grandma had my mum at 19. My mum had me at 19. I had my first baby, my daughter, at 19! I’m hoping my little one will finally break this 5 generation tradition 😂🙈

Reactions: 5
Every single time I’ve flown from gatwick I’ve met someone I know.

Last year I flew for the first time in 10 years and stayed in the hotel in the airport, and told my husband about every time seeing someone and he was like yeah ok.
Went for a nicotine fix out the front about 5 in the morning and coming back through I saw my friend’s friend walk across my path- went back to my husband and was like ‘We can go on holiday now, I’ve seen someone I know!’

• Haha
when my eldest started play school i met another mum who had same name as me our daughters born one day apart. she shared a wedding picture on line years later our dresses were more less identical even down to mandarin collar bolero jackets..turned out she got married same year but day after we did!
This reminded me of my sister and a girl at the same school. They both have the same full name, born on the same day, within hours of each other at the same hospital. They ended up at the same high school but different form groups so it was easier to identify them then. Maybe this is why my parents gave me a more 'unique' name so it didn't happen again. 😂