Any strange coincidences people?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I work in the NHS treating patients with cancer. One day my boyfriend who works in a school and is the head of a year group phoned to say he was going home early. He was due to have a meeting with a child's nan that afternoon to discuss the child's progress so far that year. He was stood in the school reception and saw her car in the car park but she didn't appear to be getting out. He walked over to the car but she had died. He pulled her out of the car to perform cardiac arrest but it was too late. He said to me that she had recently had some treatment for lung cancer and was not very well. When he told me the name it was a woman who I had spoken to many times and she had treatment in the department I work in. Very very strange feeling!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Not sure it’s a coincidence but I can not talk to someone for ages then randomly think of them and that day or week they will either phone or text 😂 it happens all the time so so freaky

Reactions: 22
This one isn’t even really a coincidence but i thought it was funny! In Ibiza with my partner in summer we had this running joke where whenever someone walked past us who looked like they could be on love island my partner would nudge me and whisper ‘omg look it’s [insert name of former contestant] from love island’.
We were in a club in Ibiza and my partner nudged me and said ‘omg look it’s Georgia from Love Island’. I just laughed, but it turned out that this time IT REALLY WAS SOMEONE FROM LOVE ISLAND😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Not sure if it’s a coincidence or not but I was born on the same date and exact time as my grandfather, just 50 years different.
My youngest was born on the exact date and exact time that he passed away.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Not sure it’s a coincidence but I can not talk to someone for ages then randomly think of them and that day or week they will either phone or text 😂 it happens all the time so so freaky
Yes me too!! There is a line in a Kate Bush song called “Strange Phenomenon” and it describes it perfectly: bump into a friend you haven’t seen for a long time, then into another you only thought about last night.

• Heart
when i was 11 a boy in my class came to visit me at home with his BMX and dropped of love letter. I was very innocent and took no interest in him.
We never saw each other again after age 12. I never got married and had a fabulous life going out with my gay male friends. One night in a gay bar a man ((his brother) walked over to me and asked me if i am Annie. I said yes and he told me his brother was so in love with me as a child. So 28 years later, he was living in another city, flew to my town and knocked on my door without knowing if i am married or if i have kids. We have never been apart since and we have been married for 1 year.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 72
I genuinely had a dream about james cordon being on Graham Norton and saying he was making another gavin and stacey, a couple weeks later they announced they were!
Thank you for that one :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
My cousin was travelling to Florida alone and sat next to a girl for the whole flight. They got chatting and then went their separate ways when the plane landed. He regretted not asking for her number. Anyway 10 days later he gets on his flight home and he is sat next to the same girl! Fast forward 5 years and they are now married!!

One other - My dad owns this old pocket watch from my great great grandfather. Anyway 7 years ago my grandfather died at 20:15. The pocket watch has stopped on that exact time. We haven’t touched it since!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
* I was waiting for an op but hadn't received a letter from the hospital as to when the date would be, a year later still waiting, was at a funeral and a relative asked if i had my appointment yet which i hadn't. Next day a letter arrived from the hospital with my pre op and operation dates that i had been waiting over a year for.

* Was staying at a hotel which i thought was haunted, in the reception area was a guest book so i decided to have a nose through it, i lifted my hand under a page to turn over to read some of the comments and the date at the top of that page was my birth date 😱

* Not sure if this was a coincidence or just bad luck 🤣 - we was on a plane heading to Greece for a holiday, behind us was 3 men quite rowdy who got on my nerves. Was glad to get off the plane to get away from them, thought i wouldnt see them again!!! How wrong was i - got onto the coach to take us to hotel, the same 3 men were on same coach, then they were in same hotel and make matters worse they was in room next to us.
One of the 3 guys got chatting to us and was pleasant, he then struck up a holiday romance with my sister. Cut a long story short he moved down to be near her after holiday ended, they got married and had a baby. They were together 7 years before marriage ended but we are still in contact with him now.

* My cousin was due to get on one of the planes that had crashed into Twin Towers in 2001. Fortunately for him he missed that flight.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
I made a throwaway for this as I have told a few people in real life my strange coincidence story!! (It's a bit long!!)

When I was 17 in my last year of school I had a very strange dream one night. I was somewhere in America by myself and trying to cross a huge busy highway, 4 lanes of traffic going each way. Loads of people were crossing ahead of me, running across the road when there was a gap in the traffic, but every time they got to the middle a beam of white light would come down on them and they would fall to their knees, look skyward and be hit by cars and lorries. It was really scary. I eventually made a run for it and halfway across the road the light hit me, I could feel it almost physically slowing me down and pulling me to look up but I resisted and ran on, making it to the other side.

On the other side of the road was a lovely, quiet and peaceful park, no noise from the traffic. Full of beautiful trees and flowers and a big pond. I was tired from running across the road so I sat on a bench looking towards the pond. While I was sat there an elderly man approached and asked if he could sit beside me, and I said yes. We began talking and he said his name was Arthur Miller - well, I got very excited then as we had studied one of his plays for A-Level English Literature. We had a chat about that and after a while he said it was lovely to meet me but he had to go, and he got up and left.

The next morning the first thing I did when I saw my mum was tell her about my weird dream, she agreed it was strange and I thought no more of it. Later on I was checking my email and when I signed out I got the usual MSN news page. One of the headline stories that day? "Playwright Arthur Miller Dies" - my jaw nearly hit the floor. A noise of shock came out of my mouth that I hadn't made before, or since 😂 I shouted on my mum and she came through to witness what I had just saw - the WEIRDEST feeling ever. The time he died in Connecticut would have been while I was asleep at home.

I used to get really vivid dreams a lot when I was younger, but only do occasionally now. I recently had a dream that I was staying in a hotel and had to walk through a wedding reception which was taking place in the hotel to reach my room. As I walked through I noticed my mum's friend and all her family sat at one of the tables. Again, I told my mum I had a funny dream which her friend had appeared in. Just a few days after I had seen them in my dream my mum told me that her friend's mother had passed away 😳

• Wow
Reactions: 17
As a young teenager, i once shoplifted a lipgloss that was in a pack of 3. On christmas day morning, I unwrapped a pack of the same lipglosses as a present off my mum.. only one was already missing 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
I made a throwaway for this as I have told a few people in real life my strange coincidence story!! (It's a bit long!!)

When I was 17 in my last year of school I had a very strange dream one night. I was somewhere in America by myself and trying to cross a huge busy highway, 4 lanes of traffic going each way. Loads of people were crossing ahead of me, running across the road when there was a gap in the traffic, but every time they got to the middle a beam of white light would come down on them and they would fall to their knees, look skyward and be hit by cars and lorries. It was really scary. I eventually made a run for it and halfway across the road the light hit me, I could feel it almost physically slowing me down and pulling me to look up but I resisted and ran on, making it to the other side.

On the other side of the road was a lovely, quiet and peaceful park, no noise from the traffic. Full of beautiful trees and flowers and a big pond. I was tired from running across the road so I sat on a bench looking towards the pond. While I was sat there an elderly man approached and asked if he could sit beside me, and I said yes. We began talking and he said his name was Arthur Miller - well, I got very excited then as we had studied one of his plays for A-Level English Literature. We had a chat about that and after a while he said it was lovely to meet me but he had to go, and he got up and left.

The next morning the first thing I did when I saw my mum was tell her about my weird dream, she agreed it was strange and I thought no more of it. Later on I was checking my email and when I signed out I got the usual MSN news page. One of the headline stories that day? "Playwright Arthur Miller Dies" - my jaw nearly hit the floor. A noise of shock came out of my mouth that I hadn't made before, or since 😂 I shouted on my mum and she came through to witness what I had just saw - the WEIRDEST feeling ever. The time he died in Connecticut would have been while I was asleep at home.

I used to get really vivid dreams a lot when I was younger, but only do occasionally now. I recently had a dream that I was staying in a hotel and had to walk through a wedding reception which was taking place in the hotel to reach my room. As I walked through I noticed my mum's friend and all her family sat at one of the tables. Again, I told my mum I had a funny dream which her friend had appeared in. Just a few days after I had seen them in my dream my mum told me that her friend's mother had passed away 😳
😳😳 I got goosebumps reading this!

Me & a friend went to Dublin for new year back in the day, pullled a couple of lads tried to take them back to our hotel but the doorman was having none of it. About 2 years later we go to butlins mine head & one of them was there 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I remembered another!

I collected a raffle prize from someone who lived about 5 mins away from me for a charity function my friend had. I got chatting to the lady and her little girl was there, I asked how old she was and she was the same age as my daughter. We joked that they might end up at school together. 2 years later, they ended up at the same school and in the same class and became besties! The family have now moved 4 doors up from us and we now know that they lived there when the kids were babies but we never met!

Reactions: 4
Only a couple of bizarre location coincidences spring to mind. I live in a small town in the Midlands, hardly anyone has heard of it so I just say Birmingham.

Me and my ex husband went to St Lucia on our honeymoon. On our last day they were just matching you up with whoever checked out the hotel the same time in cars to take you to the airport. The only UK flight back then was to Gatwick. We got talking to this couple we were sharing with and asked how long the journey home was back in England. Discovered they lived about 5 minutes from us 😂

Then another holiday we were in Disney World eating in the Rose and Crown at Epcot. Our server's badge said he was from Manchester. He asked where we were from and turned out he grew up on the next street. He only said Manchester for his badge because that's where he went to uni and knew more people would have heard of it than our town.

Reactions: 6
I've experienced that often, too.

There was someone I was seeing briefly a couple of years back but it was nothing serious at all, more casual. Last year out of nowhere I began to reminisce about him and think about memories with him out of nowhere and how he was doing, then I happened to open an app up a few days later and he contacted me after a couple of years of not talking.

😳😳 I got goosebumps reading this!
I wish I could relive the feeling of shock I had when I saw that news headline, I even felt a bit faint! If I hadn't told my mum about the dream first thing after getting out of bed and coming down the stairs, before seeing any form of news/TV, I doubt she would have believed me 😂 I wonder if it was just a very strange and spooky coincidence, or if Arthur Miller, for some reason, did visit me in a dream when he passed on. I'll never know! 🤷‍♀️

both my children 5 years apart were both born at exactly 9:20am

My parents have the exact same birthday, same day, month and year

That’s all I got they’re pretty tit aren’t they haha 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
It’s quite sweet about your parents sharing the same birthday or annoying if you have to ‘share’ the day?
My sister in law and her brother share the same birthday but two years apart and they were the exact same birth weight.

Reactions: 1
It’s quite sweet about your parents sharing the same birthday or annoying if you have to ‘share’ the day?
My sister in law and her brother share the same birthday but two years apart and they were the exact same birth weight.
It’s easy to remember! When I was a kid I just used to get them one joint present and spend the rest of the money on sweets 🤷🏻‍♀️ Then they split when I was fifteen so that went out the window 😂

• Haha