Any strange coincidences people?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We'd just finished a cruise and after a 2 day stay in Miami we were waiting at the airport for our flight which had been delayed (later cancelled!) we ended up chatting to a lady who was sat on her own. Turns out she'd just finished her contract working on the same cruise line we had just been on (although different ship!) and she was off home which just happened to be in the town next to ours!
We still keep in contact now and see each other regularly! 🥰

Reactions: 11
I've googled people, or looked up people from my past on facebook etc, then the next day they've died.
Happened 4 times. My friends now joke when they're having a tough time 'oh why don't you just google me and this will be over'.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
This isn’t a coincidence really but it’s spooked me all the same 😂😳

for Christmas I got lots of cosmetics/skincare and a big see-through pouch to put them in. ever Since I’ve used about four or five things religiously, cleanser, eyebrow kit, lip balm, hand cream and foot cream. Got out of the shower one day last week, used the creams, put them back into the pouch. Went to use them that evening, couldn’t find the foot cream. Pulled everything out of the pouch and it wasn’t in there, looked through it and it wasn’t there. Now bearing in mind this is a MASSIVE colourful tube, it’s not small/hidden by anything in there. So retraced my steps and went back to the bathroom thinking I’d left it on the side or someone had put it on the shelf but there was nothing there. Said to mum omg I can’t believe you let [niece] use my foot cream, she had no idea what I was on about. Went to niece, ‘omg I can’t believe you used my foot cream give it back’ - and she had no clue either.

Gave up in the end, carried on using what I had left, did my brows etc. Went to use the creams to take my make up off last night, moaning to mum that I still couldn’t find my foot cream and had to buy another... she told me to pray to Saint Anthony, patron saint of lost things. “🙄 alright” I thought, grudgingly said the prayer... walked upstairs, opened the pouch and there was the foot cream staring at me, laying on top of my eyebrow kit as if I had just used it!
Three times I had pulled every single thing out of that pouch and it was empty... and then it was just there. Completely baffled me and really spooked Mum but teaches me to roll my eyes at Saint Anthony! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Ive heard St Anthony (also known as St smooth toes) has fab feet....

just saying 😐 don’t go blaming your mam.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I've googled people, or looked up people from my past on facebook etc, then the next day they've died.
Happened 4 times. My friends now joke when they're having a tough time 'oh why don't you just google me and this will be over'.
I do this!! I also say things like “I can’t believe their still together” ... days later they split up 🤔🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I do this!! I also say things like “I can’t believe their still together” ... days later they split up 🤔🤣
I genuinely had a dream about james cordon being on Graham Norton and saying he was making another gavin and stacey, a couple weeks later they announced they were!

• Heart
  • Wow
I moved down to North London for my first job after uni. I wasn’t earning much so decided to get a weekend job in a pub to get me out at the weekends and earning a bit extra.
Someone posted on a local FB group that the pub at the bottom of my road were hiring - perfect! No travel costs either.
I drop my CV / letter of application round and the landlord rings me that evening and asks if I’ve applied as a joke? “No, why?”
Turns out we were from the same small town in the north west of England and his daughter worked at the same place as me 😂
Fast forward 3 years, I’ve got married and myself and my husband decide we need to move further up north so we can afford a family home. We move to a small village and I start working at the local secondary school. I get chatting to one of the other teachers and he says he is leaving in the summer as his father in law owns a pub in London and he wants to retire so they are going to run it for him..... you’ve guessed it... that same tiny (and I mean tiny!) pub I worked in when first teaching, with his FIL being my old boss 😂🙈 crazy!

• Wow
Reactions: 26
i had not seen a certain mum up the school for a while ..... I said to my husband I haven’t seen blah de blah lately .... he said oh yeah I know who you mean !!!!!! Walking round Tesco got my shopping.... found my husband ....
he said guess who I have just bumped into !!!!!! I said no who ......
yep the woman who I hadn’t seen up the school..... as he was walking out of Tesco ... she was walking in !!!!
Also I dreamt I won the lottery..... but could only see three of the numbers....
so I put the numbers on ....... yes I won..... £10......
I also visited a clairvoyant..... I was a single parent at the time..... she told me that he was just round the corner and not to look for him!!!!!! She also said that name M would mean something to me !!!!! She told me that the girls (children) would have a rash.... I would also would come into money !!!!!!
I met and married a man who literally lived round the corner !!! Probably about three minutes !!!! His surname begins with W !!!!!
mine children was diagnosed with chicken poxs about three days later !!!!!
the money bit..... I’m still waiting!!!!!!

Reactions: 10
Some of these are so freaky. Small world! Love love love reading these!!

I did just remember something which could be a coincidence, or something else.

I found out in May that I was pregnant, total surprise as our youngest child is almost 10. Every time I facetimed my mum who lived back home in England, she constantly asked if I was pregnant. So when I told her I was, she laughed. She was seriously unwell for many years so was delighted and wanted to know the gender. I got an early gender scan on August 1st, told her on August the 2nd that the baby is a girl (due this week ahhh!) and my lovely mum passed away on August 3rd :(

But that's not where the coincidences are. Since she's passed, lights are always filickering wherever I go. When I saw her in the mortuary the light above her was flickering and then at her wake, now all the time I'm back in Australia the lights are always flickering, even my Christmas tree ones.

Anyhow, we recently moved into a much bigger house and it was so empty so I needed to buy some new sofas to fill spaces. I went to a shop called early settler which had some gorgeous sofas, but even at half price, they were out of my price range. I'd put two different sofa suites on my wish list and then forgot about them. Checked facebook marketplace and someone was giving away a 2 seater and 3 seater sofa for free. It was one of the ones on my wish list. So we collected, gave the old owners wine as hate taking things for nothing. Happy as Larry.
Checked facebook marketplace a few days later and there was the other sofa on my wish list, for sale for $100 (about 50 quid!) instead of the $4600 shop price. It was in my suburb too so messaged immediately. The people selling lived along the same rural road as me and when I went to collect it, they were selling as were about to move back to England.

I think my shopaholic mama has been helping me get second hand bargains from the afterlife! So not so much as a coincidence but more wooowooo.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Not sure if this counts
But I was on holiday in St Lucia, one night my boyfriend woke me up as he said I was crying hysterically in my sleep
I said to him I had a dream my mum died and her ghost was sitting on the sofa
Anyway I grabbed my phone to call back to the uk
Got no answer
When I finally got through the next day my dad said my mum had had a car accident and was taken to hospital- it was the same night. Had to be cut out the car - thankfully not hurt just shaken up
I still think of it time to time as I couldn’t believe it.

• Wow
Reactions: 26
When me & my now husband first started dating we had loads of coincidences. Our Pin numbers only consist of 2 digits but repeated, it's the same 2 digits & it's the one the bank gave us originally. Just in a different order.

Also I was helping him file some of his certificates and paperwork from college and one of the documents had his birthday wrong so he said it caused a right nightmare. The wrong birthday was my date of birth! (Different date, different month and year!)

There's also a load more but those 2 always stick out in my mind!

• Wow
Reactions: 15
When my husband was choosing his race number he just put our kids ages in ascending order, for example 127. Then seeing it written down noticed it was also our house number. He was telling me what a strange coincidence when I pointed out it’s also his dad who passed away birthdate. 12/7. Weird.

Reactions: 10
Really lame compared to all of yours
Me and my sister have the same birthday, but I’m two years older.
We always end up saying the same thing at the same time, a few times for eg we’ve bought the exact same gift and card for family..
My nans also have the same birthday too.

I often have vivid dreams where whatever happens tends to come true a few days later, it freaks me out.

Not me but my Dad told me recently that in April last year on the 50th anniversary of his mum dying that when he was at work he looked up at the clock and it was exactly the time she died
Also my dads mum, my auntie (dads sister) and myself all have birthdays in a period of 3 days

Reactions: 4
My grandmother has 13 grandchildren. The oldest and the youngest share the same birthday. It’s on the 13th.
Me, my mum and my Dad were all born on the 18th of the month.

When I was younger my Dad had a second home for work. When he retired he sold the house, which was quite sad as it was on the coast and my husband and I had enjoyed having it for weekend breaks and it held a lot of happy memories. A couple of years ago we sold my flat and bought our first proper home together. Garage conversion aside, our house is pretty much an exact replica of my Dad's house, down to the placement of the cupboards in each bedroom, the windows, the design of the staircase, everything. They're 80 miles apart.

It's uncanny but was obviously meant to be!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I have had coincidences whereby my dreams have come true.

I once dreamt that my neighbour's husband slept with her best friend, days later she posted on facebook that her husband had been having an affair with her best friend. I didn't even know then that well. I also had a dream that my husband's flight was diverted which came true. Pretty boring stories but freaky for me!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I went on a girl's trip to Zante about 15 years ago and met a group of guys. A few weeks later I went to Thorpe Park and two guys from the same group were in the same queue as me for a ride!

Growing up in the South of England, my uncle was always single. He had a type and the few women he dated always looked the same. Basically they all looked the same as his first ever girlfriend, and only ever love. They were together at school, back in the country we originate from. She moved to the USA for university and they lost touch.

About 10 years ago this lady found my dad on Facebook (my uncle is not on social media and would have been very hard to find). She got in touch with my dad who then put her in touch with my uncle and they have been married ever since! How cute!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
My MIL was adopted when she was baby. A couple of years ago her adoptive mother was In hospital after having surgery. In the bed next to her was her birth mother after having the same surgery.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Not a major one but we went on holiday to wales 6/7 years ago, my son developed tonsillitis so we took him to the local dr, turns out he was from the exact small town we were from and actually used to work with my auntie!

Reactions: 4