Any strange coincidences people?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bumped randomly into someone I knew from the UK, while on holidays in Canada a number of years ago. The other person was also on holiday.

Reactions: 2
My husband bought me a new car in 2020, was a quick decision and I wasn’t with him. But after having really rubbish cars and struggling financially things had really started to change for us so he had treated me to a fancy car. Couple of days later I’m looking out the kitchen window and I was like omg. The registration plate was my first name initial, our sons first initial, the year we got married, my daughters initial then my initial again and my maiden name initial. Was so bizarre

• Wow
Reactions: 8
My husband bought me a new car in 2020, was a quick decision and I wasn’t with him. But after having really rubbish cars and struggling financially things had really started to change for us so he had treated me to a fancy car. Couple of days later I’m looking out the kitchen window and I was like omg. The registration plate was my first name initial, our sons first initial, the year we got married, my daughters initial then my initial again and my maiden name initial. Was so bizarre

Funny enough my husband bought me a quick cheap run around couple of years ago, which we still have and the private number number plate it came with is Mrs and then my initials . Will be keeping that when the car gives up.

Reactions: 4
Went to Vegas in 2002 for our honeymoon and did a helicopter trip to the Grand Canyon. On chatting to the other couple joining us they only lived in the next village from us about 5 mins away! On further chatting they had gone to same school as my husband!

Reactions: 5
In 1991 on a family holiday to Florida we bumped into the landlord and landlady of our local pub in Disneyworld.
Neither of us knew that the other was going to Florida, in fact they’d been to Canada visiting relatives and just decided on the spur of the moment to extend their break and fly to Florida for another week.

Bumped randomly into someone I knew from the UK, while on holidays in Canada a number of years ago. The other person was also on holiday.
Strange how it happens abroad isn't it?

I was on holiday in Canada one Christmas. I got lost looking for an off licence so asked a policeman for directions. We had the same accent and had a quick chat, turned out we were from the same area.

Also went on holiday in Spain last year, heard a familiar accent and got chatting again. Turned out we lived in the same street for years but had never noticed each other.

Oh and when I was about 18 I went to Spain. I worked in a call centre at the time and bumped into a girl on the same team in the hotel. We'd been on the same flight out and everything.

Reactions: 7
We had the upstairs of our business painted and decorated and saw one of the guys every morning when he came down for a bacon sandwich then to say bye. On the Friday he said - see you in a couple of weeks as we are going on holiday on Sunday, so are we.
On the Monday we were checking into a hotel in India when I heard a voice say - hello Mrs River, fancy seeing you here. It was the painter and his wife who were also staying there for a couple of nights before flying on elsewhere. Next time we saw him was when I was making his bacon sandwich
😯

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Not sure if it qualifies as a strange coincidence but my current supervisor at work has been such a witch to me since this project started. I was watching her from a distance thinking ‘I hope she has a fuckin’ accident or something‘ when she got caught up in something and spilt hot liquid all over her legs … maybe I cursed the witch or something 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Just watched a film on my watchlist and afterwards wiki-ed the 2 lead actors to see what they were doing now. Both of them have the same birthday as me o_O (not same year)

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Got talking to a woman at parkrun. We bumped into each other the next week at another parkrun. We'd never me before.

Not much to it but when I met my ex husband, he grew up in the house I was living in at the time when I met him!
I had a hole in my bedroom door when we moved in which he'd made as a teenager 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 10
My mum and dad have a really rare surname. They are currently buying a new house and it turns out that the seller has the same surname but is absolutely no relation!

Reactions: 8
Not a big coincidence but quite amusing. My friend has the same name (all first and second names) as a father and son who both have the same name and all live within 5 miles off each other.

I posted a photo of a kitten I was fostering for a small local rescue on here. Turns out a fellow Tattler fosters for the same place and we connected. I met her last week at a fundraiser.

Crazy how out of all the threads on here, we both follow the same one mainly.

Reactions: 9
I recently spent a week in Kent and decided to do some yoga in a local hall. I recognised a familiar sounding voice (from way back) and came across a woman who was at school with me over 40 years ago.

Reactions: 6
A work colleague lent me a book on something to do with our work, which turned out to quote a different book by a relative of a friend, who writes about a completely different subject.

Not sure if it qualifies as a strange coincidence but my current supervisor at work has been such a witch to me since this project started. I was watching her from a distance thinking ‘I hope she has a fuckin’ accident or something‘ when she got caught up in something and spilt hot liquid all over her legs … maybe I cursed the witch or something 😂
That kind of happened to me a lot. If I was thinning about something annoying me as I walked down the street then I noticed somebody in front of me, they'd trip up or bump into something.