Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Miss Ophelia

VIP Member
Oh, hunnay. I’m sending you the biggest hug. You‘re not alone. We had the results of my Dad’s biopsy yesterday and it confirms he has stomach cancer. He won’t get a prognosis and possible treatment plan for another week. @xxDimplesxx is right, it doesn’t happen as fast as you would hope it would, and it’s the waiting that is one of the hardest things. Hang in there.
I wish your Dad a full recovery and I’m sending you love and strength. R xx
Sending gentle hugs and love to all.

• Heart
Reactions: 2

anniemouse

VIP Member
Thank you dearest @Miss Ophelia 💕 I’m so sorry to read of the loss of your friend xxx

I’m glad your dog is doing ok @anniemouse 💕xxx

Hope all goes ok when you go back to the medical people dearest A @☆MagicRoundabout☆ Hope you feel better from the chest infection soonest 💕xxx

Well, I’m so excited to meet baby Owlet. My mum and sisters are on the way over, will leave going to the hospital until absolutely necessary xxx ♥ Lots of love and hugs xxx J and Mr Owl xxx
How exciting, congratulations 🩷
Thank you

Lx

• Heart

Miss Ophelia

VIP Member
@MagicRoundabout sorry can’t help with the holiday idea, but glad you got out two days and spent some time with daughter two and her partner sometime just the different four wall can make a lot of difference so long as it isn’t hospital walls or curtains.

@anniemouse a crafting weekend sounds lovely enjoy.
maybe quote could be thread title for 700 and as you say leave blank.

• Heart

AllieBee

VIP Member
Ah I've not been on the thread much in ages tbh so must of missed that lil diddy.

The way she was going on about Al yesterday and the guess the lie game, she didn't know..I find it very strange. Unless they really have kept the details on the DL with family only. But the funeral would've/should've been by now tho, even if he did get an Autopsy, there done in the first couple of days. So I'm curious how that's gone unseen aswell.

She can't go to the farm without being snapped and some1 plastering pics all over. But not a sniff at this? Weird.

Anyways, the wee Mario thread will keep me entertained til she's back!
Hell yeah come over, it's the funniest it's ever been atm. Same thoughts as you did cross my mind too I also found it odd.

BeeHappy

VIP Member
Hi lovely L @Miss Ophelia 🌼
On the anonymous IG story site (there's several), you just see it with New Reel posted over, so short answer is no, you can hear it but can't watch it, unless you go on her IG and take still screenshots, which is how I did that awful dog massage one and changed the music! Gross!
Everything else works, just not viewing the Reel visuals on those sites.

@Wize Owl lovely J 🦉 - I hope you got a decent hair pampering and the owlets that go to school or nursery are doing ok after the holidays. I've been so crap at replying this last week or so as pain has literally been a pain in the arse! I'm really sorry ❤
If we all went out I would be a cheap as my poison is a lime & lemonade! I haven't touched the booze since I was 40 for many reasons, but they don't mix with opiates and the stuff has never really agreed with me. I also fell backwards, pulling a sink off the wall, pipes, the lot and hit my lower back years ago. I was 29 and very tipsy at Mr M's 40th. I wasn't quite the same after that and it could well be a factor in how life has turned out 🤪
Fun fact, I have Magic style crutches covered in stars and moons and another pair, in a more summery design. I thought fuck it, if I'm stuck with sticks, get some cool ones!
Soup would probably pee in a bucket and on the sand. Daughter #1 doesn't want his knackers taken off. He likes to pee on a girl dog's face 😳 dirty little boy. Just tell master owlet he can be quite naughty but likes to walk on the beach. They live in Bath so not too far from the coast. I'm not sure how his break went with her neighbours or daughter & husband's week in Menorca.
Birthday is going to be quiet, not the usual trip to the cotswolds as per the past 2 years. Mr M has taken tomorrow and Tues 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🎂 🔥 off work. We are going out for lunch at his fav pub, in another village.
I want to get some wild garlic 🌿 and have found a site online with a fairly local location. Question is, how far can I get on crutches! So, I'm trying to convince daughter #2, the fiancé and the Mr if they are interested! I used to forage for all sorts and make jams, elderflower cordial, sloe gin etc.
So the next couple of days I maybe on/off here. She who must not be named is on borrowed time & digging her own hole. Apart from mucking about with photos and music on the other thread (a good pain distraction if anything), I am at a loss as to what to say about any of them. Her days surely must be numbered?
I'm thinking of you all and nusties MIA 💕
Will talk more soon. Take good care of yourselves.
Lots of love & hugs, A 🤗 xxxxx
Wishing you the happiest of birthdays, Magic. You deserve it.
Big birthday hugs. R xx

• Heart

BeeHappy

VIP Member
Whoop for the '72 kids dearest R @BeeHappy 🐝 ❤
Yes indeed, 23rd April for me (St George's Day) 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 I don't know where time has gone to be honnnesssht! I still have my 80's cassette cases in the same order as when I was 16!
We were the first year to take the then new GCSE exams In '88. I have to admit, I'm not enjoying this particular stage in life, empty nest and perimenopause, blubbing and a sexlesshhh marriage for the past 5 years! Cheers to health on both sides and Mr M is a 1961 child, so 63 this year! TMI, but I'm a fairly open and honest soul.
I too am blessed in the boob department, so the invite is probably on the way for a clamping! I've had worse, but hate all things medically related.
I hope you are ok my lovely. I know you've got lots on and I also hope hubby is improving. It's hard when the pressure falls to one partner. I've even started dreaming whacky dreams (thanks to meds) and so many are relating to the past.
So lovely to hear from you R 🫂 Love A xxx

Hang in there nusties, especially if you are going through a bland, crappy time.
You are all such kind, funny and lovely ladies xxx
---
@bozlem3080 - I've just read your post lovely. Just to let you know our natter and listen about all things and everything is here. This thread will still be around when the other one dies off along with madam's "career". Everyone is lovely. I can totally relate to all you have said regarding a narcassist parent. A xx
Lovely A. Things are better with hubby.He’s gone back to work, albeit in a part time job so not earning anything near what he was before. But we’re getting by. I always try and remember there are people in a far worse position than us. I think that’s one of the things that annoys me most about she who shall not be named. The total lack of awareness of what other people go through, including a large number of her sheep. As long as everything is rosy in Sophie land, that’s all that matters to her.
I hear you on the empty nest and perimenopause. I‘ve found it really hard. Although my youngest toddler is back home now after graduating Uni. I’m so glad that you got to spend time with your girls over Easter. You deserve some quality, haooy times with them.
Sending big hugs. R xx

• Heart

Miss Ophelia

VIP Member
She who must not be named and her ilk
narcissist
  • Self centred
  • Makes lots of empty promises
  • Shows jealousy towards others
  • Gaslights
  • Inflated sense of self-importance
  • Lacks empathy
  • Obsessed with power and success
  • Charismatic
  • Fishes for compliments
  • Monitors your movements and tries to isolate you from others
  • Minimises your needs and opinions

Wize Owl

VIP Member
That’s our wee buddy dropped off. He won’t get the actual surgery until the afternoon because of the type of surgery so they have to do all the fractures etc first. So it’s going to be a long day until about 4pm when he should then be in recovery.
Hope all goes well @anniemouse xxx

• Heart
I am okay, just got fed up of wasting time on her when I can’t stand her, it’s more productive to read a book. Did I miss something on the other thread? I’m glad you got out for a couple of days at the weekend. I met some friends on Saturday for breakfast and took the dog for a nice walk and a pup cup on Sunday. Mr Mouse is away for a week.
@jus rol with it I hope your hip pain eases soon. Does it hurt during the day or only at night? I wonder if ice might help during the day.
@Wize Owl i hope the owlets are still having fun on their break.
@Miss Ophelia i hope you are feeling better.
Love to everyone else, I hope you had a lovely Easter weekend x
You've missed nothing dear @anniemouse but today, I've just had enough after her Autism shit this morning. If it wasnt for some of the people on here, I just wouldn't bother logging on anymore ❤
Glad you are ok and you are absolutely right.
The ice you mention re @or JusRollWithIt - I have 3 decent hot water bottles (strong ones), filled with water, frozen solid and rotate them. Sounds uncomfortable but it really does help.
Right, I've got a grumpy cat to see too. X

• Heart

xxDimplesxx

Hello. The weekend has flown by here. I wanted to let everyone who was following along know that I met with the surgeon and my biopsy was negative! They are going to reassess me in 6 months, but for now I can breathe. Thanks for the support and words of comfort and wisdom.
That’s fantastic news. Now relax and enjoy your weekend xx

• Heart

anniemouse

VIP Member
Hi L 👋 @anniemouse
Yes, other L @Miss Ophelia is correct about not taking them at the same time as iron tablets.
I've been on thyroxine for 24 years and take mine first thing, a good hour before I have anything else, food or med wise. A pharmacist recommended taking with orange juice as it helps apparently.
Sometimes, given I'm a crap sleeper, I take mine during the early hours. Hope that is helpful.
So pleased doggy is doing well.
Look after yourself and rest when you can. Xx
Thank you, I take my iron tablets with orange juice. So I’ll probably start taking the thyroxine first thing, then the iron tablets 4 hours later. I wake up at 5 usually so that’ll work

xx

• Heart

anniemouse

VIP Member
Thanks both, it’s 25mg they have got me on. I’ve got my gp appointment next week and bloods again in 6 weeks. x

• Heart

Miss Ophelia

VIP Member
@MagicRoundabout hope they sort it with everything else quick sharp but we can but dream.
Have a lovely day tomorrow ❤❤❤❤ L

• Heart

anniemouse

VIP Member
Hello. The weekend has flown by here. I wanted to let everyone who was following along know that I met with the surgeon and my biopsy was negative! They are going to reassess me in 6 months, but for now I can breathe. Thanks for the support and words of comfort and wisdom.
That’s amazing news xx

• Heart