Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Doctor_Wibble

VIP Member
This is so bizarre. What does a terrible quality AI video prove?
That the US is screwed :eek:
Either
1) Biden is being controlled by someone and not acting of his own accord which is bad for democracy as a whole;
or
2) it's fake and the US is likely to be faced with an unenviable choice of who to have as president, which I would argue is also bad for democracy a a whole.

Reactions: 2

L3moning

VIP Member
I think it’s homophobic as there’s no evidence whatsoever to suggest that he cheated on his mrs with any man (let alone Macron), so it just seems like a smear campaign that’s coming from people who already hate him because he’s pro LGBT. They think being gay is a bad thing and see it as a big insult to label someone they don’t like as gay.
I think in this case its coning from a homophobic place, but speculation about the sexuality of public fugures in itself isn't homophobic IMHO. I do get that some people don't agree with that though.

Reactions: 1

Doctor_Wibble

VIP Member
Oh no another one of those fact checking things about proving something is fake!

Though as a confession, when I first saw the picture I didn't actually recognise it as the pentagon, it's been so long since I last saw the building I had forgotten it had such a fancy front so my first reaction when I saw the alleged explosion pic was "'eh? That's not the pentagon" so from my own POV the fake was an immediate fail but for entirely the wrong reason...

shadowcat5

VIP Member
Lol it’s because most of what CTists say is just screen shotted or parroted from another CTist, like this for example:
View attachment 2307375
The same discussion that happens there (eg the stuff about huw edwards) is simultaneously going on all over social media, with all of the CTists saying the same dumb shit.
may I ask when, where and how they were proven right?

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Has anyone listened to Marianna in Conspiracyland podcast? I'm just a few episodes in but it's quite good and very interesting so far.
Ooh I’ve been meaning to listen to this actually, it sounds good from the preview! I feel like it’s gonna make me cringe hearing all the CT stuff though, seems like it focuses quite a lot on the pitchfork carrying gang mentality aspect of them.

Doctor_Wibble

VIP Member
Can't really disagree with the above, alien visitors are going to be either an advance group probing to see if we should be enslaved or eaten or obliterated, or the first arrival of the main horde who will enslave or eat or obliterate us.
Best case scenario, we end up as an addition to some coalition whose chief just wants more seats on the intergalactic council and once they've got those we will be 'accidentally' mis-filed for enslavement or 'accidentally' mis-labelled as food, or 'accidentally' used as target practice.

Tricky questions about timing and timescales are easily avoided by ancient/alien tech being found by archaeologists.
(a favourite episode in a certain show, titled 'wormhole x-treme' captures this brilliantly with a tangle of conspiracy within conspiracy)

So much fiction would be nothing without conspiracy. Flights of fancy are better without all the questions - take a hint of a conspiracy and make it the origin for any story you like, and as an idea it easily sticks... alien crash site in Antarctica, change the name from Byrd to Witwicky and voilà your film franchise is... transformed...
And the idea lives to see another day.

caroleffinbaskin

VIP Member
Most of what I discuss comes from articles or just what I read on the wider internet anyway. I think others here are similar.

It’s an anti conspiracy theory thread, not an anti the conspiracy theory thread thread. 😁
I know perfectly well what this thread is, thanks. I’ve been on it since 2021 - I was just asking about the other thread as I took it off my watch list months ago. I don’t know how you’ve come to the conclusion you have.

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Yes it does a little but with good reason and it's not just sensationalised, it's quite balanced.
The town (Totnes) is pretty much divided in half regarding their stance on CT subjects. The host gives the CTs plenty of time to air their views, a couple come across as a little unhinged but others are calm.
I agree, I’ve seen a lot of criticism about this from CTists crying about how she’s slating them, but I’m only on ep2 and she’s already got one on to air his views!
As a side note, I really like the length of them, I rarely listen to podcasts because they’re usually like an hour so and I lose interest, even though I always listen in 2x speed, but these are only 14 mins long per episode so it’s much nicer.

• Heart

Doctor_Wibble

VIP Member
I do wonder myself about that. I think there's an odd control of speech going on that I can't quite explain as well, but it's like on some platforms the entire middle between believer in something without question and conspiracy theorist is just missing. Any legitimate concerns or questions are met with flinging the person raising them to one side or the other without exploring what they're asking which isn't useful or progressive at all.
A lot of it will depend on how the question is asked, followed by any particular basis for the question and whether at first glance it seems to be coming from an angle that's going to then lead into some other perhaps not so genuinely innocent angle.

Certainly there's a fair few things that can be placed in the middle of deliberate or accidental, cover-up versus correction, pinpointing blame, denials, leaks, official secrets, commercial secrets, disagreements on which things get emphasised over others etc.

Unfortunately since some places get trolled harder than others, reactions from participants will be on that basis first, before looking at giving someone the benefit of the doubt even if that does come later.

Weebles Wobble

I remember as a nursing student having a conversation with a parent who was a vet, and she was surprised that almost all of the drugs she used in her job were the same ones we were using to look after her son!
An elderly dog of ours had a problem one evening - her back legs suddenly gave way and she couldn't get back up. I rang the vet who said "it sounds like arthritis. Give her paracetamol and bring her down in the morning".

I was so surprised - and a little apprehensive - to give the dog "human medication" but followed her instructions. Sure enough, the dog was soon able to get up and walk around.

(And in case you're wondering, the vet put her on a low dose of steroids and she (the dog) lived to be a very old lady).
---
I remember as a nursing student having a conversation with a parent who was a vet, and she was surprised that almost all of the drugs she used in her job were the same ones we were using to look after her son!
An elderly dog of ours had a problem one evening - her back legs suddenly gave way and she couldn't get back up. I rang the vet who said "it sounds like arthritis. Give her paracetamol and bring her down in the morning".

I was so surprised - and a little apprehensive - to give the dog "human medication" but followed her instructions. Sure enough, the dog was soon able to get up and walk around.

(And in case you're wondering, the vet put her on a low dose of steroids and she (the dog) lived to be a very old lady).

• Heart

Merpedy

VIP Member
Has anyone listened to Marianna in Conspiracyland podcast? I'm just a few episodes in but it's quite good and very interesting so far.
There’s an episode where a very emotional lady starts crying about how she’s trying to save people or something and it left me with a lot of thoughts

Doctor_Wibble

VIP Member
I believe many are troll accounts, they always seem to have outrageous theories and ones I never see in RL or on real CT threads or groups.
It's a competition - hosted by the DM (jury still out on whether they have twigged yet, doubt they would stop it though) - to see whose gem of a theory gets picked up and taken seriously, bonus prize if you can get one of the 'big names' to mention it.