Anti Conspiracy Theories #6 wakey, wakey!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Of course the rather mundane urban planning concept that's been knocking around for two or three years wasn't helped by being reported upon by the World Economic Forum.
My guess is that they only even knew about it because of that. It seems like the World Economic Forum is the new Council for Foreign Relations in conspiracy theory circles.

Reactions: 6
I swear this is the latest thing with the CTists, first they developed a phobia of modern medicine, now it seems like a lot of them are becoming suspicious and frightened of food too…
They seem to believe that anything modern or new is a plot by the WEF (or whichever other group is the bogeyman du jour, assuming they don't just jump straight to anti-semitism) to "take away freedom" or "depopulate the Earth" or whatever other bunk. It started I think with the whole "they will make you eat bugs" business. When asked "what is the problem with eating insects?" the response amounted to "they want to ban meat, its all about control!" So yeah.

Reactions: 12
Tangentially linked to CTs but this is so beautifully written I thought it's worth sharing ...

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Have you all seen Matt Hancocks released messages, where in one of them he says “when are we going to release the new strain?” Not verbatim but that was the gist.

I took it as poking fun as the conspiracies and because he’s a scum bag anyway, but a lot of CTers are using this as “proof” that it was done on purpose. Thought they didn’t trust the government ? But do they when it suits their narrative?

• Haha
Have you all seen Matt Hancocks released messages, where in one of them he says “when are we going to release the new strain?” Not verbatim but that was the gist.

I took it as poking fun as the conspiracies and because he’s a scum bag anyway, but a lot of CTers are using this as “proof” that it was done on purpose. Thought they didn’t trust the government ? But do they when it suits their narrative?
Yeah those messages quite literally show Boris Johnson can’t understand basic maths but apparently he’s part of some sort of plot to make everyone have jabs or depopulate the world. I mean it’s the same with the VAERS data, that’s from the CDC (which I thought wasn’t to be trusted) but apparently it is when it suits them!

Yeah those messages quite literally show Boris Johnson can’t understand basic maths but apparently he’s part of some sort of plot to make everyone have jabs or depopulate the world. I mean it’s the same with the VAERS data, that’s from the CDC (which I thought wasn’t to be trusted) but apparently it is when it suits them!
It just baffles me a lot! Can they be trusted or not? I can’t keep up 😂 it’s probably as simple as wanting to release the new strain to the public to let us all know, not physically planting it haha.

I have mental images of Matt Hancock sneaking around distributing the strain 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The phrasing of "deploying the new variant" was unfortunate. But, given that the new variant was announced the day after he sent that message, it was clear he meant deploying the story.

I'm not going to defend Matt Hancock in any way; I think he's an idiot who broke his own rules, but those messages didn't show any conspiracy. Indeed they probably disproved it, because if it had all been planned from day one, I expect the messages would have been very different! In some of the messages I've seen, there's talk of increasing numbers along with concern of what that would mean.

Again the "scaring the pants off people" wording was daft. It plays into 'Project Fear's' hands, but it was clear they were concerned about people mixing too much and spreading the virus, hence they wanted to make it clear why extra mixing wasn't a good idea. Then we had the rolling back of the relaxtion of rules in Christmas 2020 because -- foolishly -- they'd made hasty decisions in advance rather than keeping an eye on the numbers.

I know the messages were leaked to support an anti lockdown agenda but I don't think they've achieved that (unless there are damning messages I haven't seen yet). No one wanted to have lockdowns and restrictions, but I dread to think how many people would have been impacted if it was allowed to run rampant with no measures. I was living with my dad at the time - looking after him as he had terminal cancer - so I was glad of restrictions. I was petrified of spreading it to him, as it would have almost certainly killed him if he'd got it. I find those who were anti lockdown or anti any measures don't care about the implications it might have had on people like my dad. It's all me, me, me.

• Heart
Tunisia’s black immigrants have been on edge since 21 February, when the country’s president, Kais Saied, made an incendiary, racist speech that claimed irregular migration from other parts of Africa was part of an international plot to change Tunisia’s character.

It’s been interesting watching Tunisia as one of the arguments playing out appears to be very very similar to some of the arguments proposed by the great replacement theory which has gone somewhat mainstream by being used by Q-anon and the like

Reactions: 3
So, the Lineker thing was obviously a distraction......but from what?!

Also, any updates on The Great Reset™? It was due at Christmas wasn't it?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.