Anti-Conspiracy Theories #5 We the Sheeple…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All the online talk of "people are dropping like flies because of the vaccine" based on recent celebrity deaths or "alternative" media grates on me because sadly, it's not unusual for people to die from heart attacks or strokes or blood clots. Yes, even if they were not elderly or with long term health problems. Having a history of substance abuse (Hawkins, Shane Warne, etc.) increases that risk. And celebrity deaths naturally get more attention anyway, they aren't always reflective of "trends" or the general population
The way some people to make every death since March 2020 about the pandemic is really difficult, especially if you’ve lost someone to Covid. The amount of crap I got through my direct messages about Covid being fake, my dad was murdered by the doctors, that he wasn’t real and a crisis actor etc etc. I only had a few but it was horrible. I feel so sorry for those who’s loved ones were in the public eye and they have all this crap tenfold.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
That Guardian article also has a link to this one 👇🏻 which talks about the homeopathic medicine scene in USA.

“..homeoprophylaxis strengthened children’s immunity to infectious diseases using “nosodes” – homeopathic remedies made from “pathological disease tissue”. They are taken orally in diluted form.”
On the one hand, not sure how different that is in principle from the 'OMG they inject you with a virus', on the other hand it's a whole level of extra gross...

"Here drink this, it's a special broth I made from your embarrassing rash."
"Thanks, you jest of course, you meant for not from... so what's in it?"
😲 :sick: 🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 2
On the one hand, not sure how different that is in principle from the 'OMG they inject you with a virus', on the other hand it's a whole level of extra gross...

It’s the ‘experimental shot’ to some and we are being experimented on. 💉

Reactions: 4

That's what is so annoying about the alternative mob. Here, they're using a similar scientific method that led to the development of vaccines. But somehow, vaccines made by accredited manufacturers, which are tested in line with rigorous safety standards, are "bad". Yet a self-declared doctor of homeopathy, who has an internet degree in holistic jibber-jabbber, is to be trusted completely with their children's health? Talk about First World privilege 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 6
That's what is so annoying about the alternative mob. Here, they're using a similar scientific method that led to the development of vaccines. But somehow, vaccines made by accredited manufacturers, which are tested in line with rigorous safety standards, are "bad". Yet a self-declared doctor of homeopathy, who has an internet degree in holistic jibber-jabbber, is to be trusted completely with their children's health? Talk about First World privilege 🙄
Or they choose to use something like Ivermectin and claim it is fine and effective to use against Covid-19 when it has not been approved for the use against Covid-19, nor is it effective as so many studies have shown.

*Don’t want to take the vaccine because it is not a proper vaccine and it is experimental* - even though it has been trailled, tested and proven to be effective against Covid-19.

*Willing to take Ivermectic which has NOT been trialled, tested and proven to be effective against Covid-19 which would make it experimental. Make it make sense. 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
*Don’t want to take the vaccine because it is not a proper vaccine and it is experimental* - even though it has been trailled, tested and proven to be effective against Covid-19.

*Willing to take Ivermectic which has NOT been trialled, tested and proven to be effective against Covid-19 which would make it experimental. Make it make sense. 🤣
It sort of makes sense (not logical but I can see the argument) when you consider that they legitimately think that the elites/whoever is benefitting from the vaccine in some manner (be it profits or apparently killing random people) and have so much control as to skew the results. Scientists who know the truth are scared to speak out, and those who have (who also don't appear to be actual scientists) have been shunned and not reported on. Any 'legitimate' treatments (in their eyes) would not be reported on by the news, who are naturally propaganda machines pushing the elite's lies, so they believe their own little group of people/fake scientists who are not paid/influenced by the elites

The bottom line is really that these people aren't working on the same logic as an ordinary person. They're paranoid that the 'real world' is basically not real. It's really why there's little use arguing or having discussions with them about this sort of stuff, unless you're genuinely interested in understanding their perspective and seeing their arguments against common logic

Reactions: 3
Ivermectin that was meant to say. No idea what Ivermectic is. 😂

It sort of makes sense (not logical but I can see the argument) when you consider that they legitimately think that the elites/whoever is benefitting from the vaccine in some manner (be it profits or apparently killing random people) and have so much control as to skew the results. Scientists who know the truth are scared to speak out, and those who have (who also don't appear to be actual scientists) have been shunned and not reported on. Any 'legitimate' treatments (in their eyes) would not be reported on by the news, who are naturally propaganda machines pushing the elite's lies, so they believe their own little group of people/fake scientists who are not paid/influenced by the elites

The bottom line is really that these people aren't working on the same logic as an ordinary person. They're paranoid that the 'real world' is basically not real. It's really why there's little use arguing or having discussions with them about this sort of stuff, unless you're genuinely interested in understanding their perspective and seeing their arguments against common logic
Equally everyone they listen to whether it is Joe Rogan or other people who push alternative views are also benefitting from people watching/listening.
They make money pushing their views out there on whatever platform.

The anti-vaccine movement could be worth more than $1 billion in annual revenue for social media. 🤯 Then you have the people pushing alternative medicine and their homeopathic TED Talks conferences and retreats which will generate money.

The online anti-vaccine movement in the age of COVID-19:https://www.thelancet.com/journals/landig/article/PIIS2589-7500(20)30227-2/fulltext

Last edited:
  • Heart
Ivermectin that was meant to say. No idea what Ivermectic is. 😂

Equally everyone they listen to whether it is Joe Rogan or other people who push alternative views are also benefitting from people watching/listening.
They make money pushing their views out there on whatever platform.

The anti-vaccine movement could be worth more than $1 billion in annual revenue for social media. 🤯 Then you have the people pushing alternative medicine and their homeopathic TED Talks conferences and retreats which will generate money.

The online anti-vaccine movement in the age of COVID-19:https://www.thelancet.com/journals/landig/article/PIIS2589-7500(20)30227-2/fulltext
Literally every website that the CT person in my life sent me had a section at the bottom, asking for money. This sort of thing is why I find it so difficult to understand why these people can’t see that everyone has an agenda. Particularly when they themselves have such low trust of anyone.

I have noticed that people who are into these theories also;

1. Voted for UKIP
2. Voted to leave the EU
3. Tend to stockpile stuff for themselves and don’t care about anyone else
4. Tend to consult psychics or believe that they themselves have psychic powers. This fits in with magical thinking I suppose and
5. Believe that the universe will give you what you ask for, law of attraction etc. which in its eventual conclusion, it becomes victim blaming.

Has anyone else found this to be true in the CT people you know? I believe that it’s a psychological profile. Happy to stand corrected though.

Reactions: 13
Literally every website that the CT person in my life sent me had a section at the bottom, asking for money. This sort of thing is why I find it so difficult to understand why these people can’t see that everyone has an agenda. Particularly when they themselves have such low trust of anyone.

1. Voted for UKIP
2. Voted to leave the EU
4. Tend to consult psychics or believe that they themselves have psychic powers. This fits in with magical thinking I suppose and
5. Believe that the universe will give you what you ask for, law of attraction etc. which in its eventual conclusion, it becomes victim blaming.

Has anyone else found this to be true in the CT people you know? I believe that it’s a psychological profile. Happy to stand corrected though.
Maybe they are the ones that need to wake up? 🫣

Some of the points you mention are true for people I know/have come across who are CT’s. I also find them hypocritical with things they say, they are paranoid of everything and anything, they believe they are superior/the chosen ones because they are awake and aware of what is going on around us. They are quite draining as people.

Reactions: 7
Maybe they are the ones that need to wake up? 🫣

Some of the points you mention are true for people I know/have come across who are CT’s. I also find them hypocritical with things they say, they are paranoid of everything and anything, they believe they are superior/the chosen ones because they are awake and aware of what is going on around us. They are quite draining as people.
I would agree. Draining is a good word for them. Also it’s all they talk about. My ex tries to go on at me about stuff even though we’ve split up.

I would agree. Draining is a good word for them. Also it’s all they talk about. My ex tries to go on at me about stuff even though we’ve split up.
They don’t half waffle on. It can be mentally draining. There is so much research on the psychology of conspiracy theorists/theories. Some very interesting reads if you love psychology as much as I do. 😁

Reactions: 5

1. Voted for UKIP
2. Voted to leave the EU

I know someone who was team leave and went on about that, is activated, and goes on about the great reset all the time. She also spent money on a holiday home that didn't exist. She is one of the most gullible people I've ever met.

• Wow
I know someone who was team leave and went on about that, is activated, and goes on about the great reset all the time. She also spent money on a holiday home that didn't exist. She is one of the most gullible people I've ever met.
How on earth did she manage to spend money on a holiday home that doesn’t exist? Crikey…!

The problem with this way of thinking is that there is no point of reference which verifies anything. So literally anything can be true in these peoples minds which is scary and dangerous. It boils down to the saying about your mind being so open that your brain can fall out. Being open minded is not the same thing as believing stuff which makes no sense.

My ex and I have a 2 year old daughter and I really worry about certain things like his belief that staring at the sun is good for you. I can see that he does love her but some of his beliefs are concerning.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Many of the people dissing the vaccine and throwing support behind ivermectin or other covid anti viral treatments in the media have been found to have stocks or other financial investments in the companies creating those treatments. That doesn't get brought up though in CT discussions or it gets ignored.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
During the first lockdown (UK), and at the height of the pandemic, there was a video doing the rounds, with a group of "doctors" from the USA, who were proclaiming that the virus was not dangerous, and that the upcoming vaccine programme was unnecessary as Covid could be cured. My brother's girlfriend posted it on FB, which is where I first saw it (not for long, I reported every single post of hers which contained misinformation, she soon got the message and buggered off to Telegram, to join the rest of the swivel-eyed loons 🙄)
I noted the name of each of the doctors, and less than 10 minutes on Google showed that each and every one was an "alternative" practitioner, none worked in public health or medicine, and most were selling vitamins and potions on their websites, with claims of "boosting" your immune system, or "killing viruses" etc, etc.

I'm not a researcher, nor am I particularly clever. But it's not hard to find evidence that these conspiracy theorists aren't really reliable sources of information. I think the lockdowns did a lot of damage to the already fragile mindset of some people. Boredom also has a lot to answer for. They do say that the Devil makes work for idle hands!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The way some people to make every death since March 2020 about the pandemic is really difficult, especially if you’ve lost someone to Covid. The amount of crap I got through my direct messages about Covid being fake, my dad was murdered by the doctors, that he wasn’t real and a crisis actor etc etc. I only had a few but it was horrible. I feel so sorry for those who’s loved ones were in the public eye and they have all this crap tenfold.
Sorry to hear that you had to go through that. Sadly I've heard several examples like this. It's a shame that some people seem to lose empathy in their quest to be proven right.

Like you say, for people who are more in the public eye they're likely getting the same in much higher numbers.

While I still read Twitter from time to time, I've long stopped posting tweets or replying to them, as people on there are largely vile and seem to live off being nasty and abusive to others.

Sorry to hear that you had to go through that. Sadly I've heard several examples like this. It's a shame that some people seem to lose empathy in their quest to be proven right.

Like you say, for people who are more in the public eye they're likely getting the same in much higher numbers.

While I still read Twitter from time to time, I've long stopped posting tweets or replying to them, as people on there are largely vile and seem to live off being nasty and abusive to others.
The people that have this mindset do indeed seem to lack empathy.

They don’t half waffle on. It can be mentally draining. There is so much research on the psychology of conspiracy theorists/theories. Some very interesting reads if you love psychology as much as I do. 😁
But dont forget they all have exceptional critical thinking skills/abilities that us lot can only dream of!! lol.

I think one of the things that really fucks me off is the way they dismiss absolutely anything if it does not suit the narrative they are pushing. And they use such a ridiculous argument for everything; "they are telling lies", "The mainstream media/thinkers are telling lies". I was unfortunately talking to one about History (i have my BA in History) and he turned around and said everything i said was "wrong" and "a lie" and every lecturer/professor/doctor in the world follows the same narrative to push onto students. But when i asked him to elaborate further he couldnt.
It is also the arrogance of them all that annoys me; they really do believe they are more intelligent, better at critical thinking... I have actually seen this comment "it is hard work being so good at critical thinking". And yet they are so quick to dismiss other peoples skills and achievements. I have enjoyed a successful education and career (i have my BA and MA degree, and i plan on doing my Phd in the next couple of years so i know im quite bright in my particular area of interest) but that holds no weight whatsoever to them and they will instantly dismiss it. Im not saying only people who have gone to uni are bright btw, some of the most intelligent and successful people i know never went to uni, but im just using myself as an example.

The other thing i have noticed, and it happens constantly on tattle is the whole notion of 'picking sides'. It is very much a us vz them mentality, and if they think you are on the 'other side' then thats it, you are the enemy; for such amazing thinkers you would think they are able to recognise people are many different opinions on many different topics!!

Plus the funniest thing in my opinion is they claim to not trust anything or anyone, but are happy enough to use the Daily Mail and Fox news as evidence. :)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
On that point about the Daily Mail, I think you'll find it exists in a quantum state of being both absolute truth and absolute lies at the same time and you don't know which one it is until someone else has read it, at which moment it becomes the complete opposite of what they said.
Obviously you don't want to be reading it for yourself, that's just madness...

It's also worth remembering that as soon as something is put on the Mail's website it is immediately and totally believed by the overwhelming majority of the population, especially if as many as 0.00005% of the internet has commented on the article, regardless of what any of those contributors might have said.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.