Anti-Conspiracy Theories #5 We the Sheeple…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Failing to resist the need to twitch the curtains but also not wanting to disrupt the narrative flow, a fuller version of a clip shared in a tweet, I dare say there may be further extended versions available (as it seems to be security monitor playback recorded on a mobile) but it seemed better to link the one from the paper whose tweet it was.

The bit of the text I would dispute is the vehicle bursting onto flames, as that looks to be from the blast, not the vehicle itself.

British ambulance donated to Ukraine. What is being disputed? The way the blast has occured or the ambulance being a crisis actor?

Reactions: 5

British ambulance donated to Ukraine. What is being disputed? The way the blast has occured or the ambulance being a crisis actor?
Comments on the tweet are suggesting it's some sort of fake, or saying the explosion is from the inside of the ambulance, or seeming to think the ambulance was the target and not collateral damage, or saying how convenient someone was there to film it.

Reactions: 2
The most barking one I've ever heard is that Gerry McCann's real Dad was Jimmy Savile.
That's a new one on me! But doesn't surprise me.

Comments on the tweet are suggesting it's some sort of fake, or saying the explosion is from the inside of the ambulance, or seeming to think the ambulance was the target and not collateral damage, or saying how convenient someone was there to film it.
Yeah, plus other replies on Twitter were saying Ukrainian ambulances don't have English on the side of them (now addressed by the fact it was a donated British ambulance), others were saying it was shaky and therefore couldn't be security camera footage (now addressed by that video as you can see someone's recording the original footage on a screen with their phone.

What's amusing is that most of the tweets are along the lines of "so obviously fake, they're not even taking the time to make the fakes believable now". Of course, the irony being that they criticise without question and don't take the time to study things themselves.

Reactions: 7
The most barking one I've ever heard is that Gerry McCann's real Dad was Jimmy Savile.
Not heard of this one before. 😵

They pick on something so trivial and label it as fake. There is plenty of footage, photos, real life accounts depicting the atrocities occuring in Ukraine, to know that what is happening is not fake. Anyone who thinks or alludes that it is, needs to have a word with themselves. 😐

Reactions: 9
Often lurk this thread but haven’t posted much. Just saw this and felt compelled to share as it sums up conspiracy theorists perfectly! They were referring to supporters of Alex Jones but I think it applies to all of them up and down the spectrum, from anti vaxxers to people who think Liz is a lizard 😂 don’t even get me started on the Ukraine stuff

Attachments

Reactions: 8
Often lurk this thread but haven’t posted much. Just saw this and felt compelled to share as it sums up conspiracy theorists perfectly! They were referring to supporters of Alex Jones but I think it applies to all of them up and down the spectrum, from anti vaxxers to people who think Liz is a lizard 😂 don’t even get me started on the Ukraine stuff
The sheep (we) will never see their truth because we are sleeping. 💤😴

• Haha
Reactions: 7
They pick on something so trivial and label it as fake. There is plenty of footage, photos, real life accounts depicting the atrocities occuring in Ukraine, to know that what is happening is not fake. Anyone who thinks or alludes that it is, needs to have a word with themselves. 😐
Unfortunately in amongst all the genuine stuff there's the occasional mistake which is inevitable but pointed at as evidence of malintent.

Some of the mistakes are carelessness, others are forced errors caused by people either messing about or the not-pranksters trying to get people to discredit themselves by accepting fake footage without checking it properly.

Skepticism is a healthy thing but needs due diligence to match the disbelief and barely a handful of the tweeters seem to have done any.

Unfortunately in amongst all the genuine stuff there's the occasional mistake which is inevitable but pointed at as evidence of malintent.

Some of the mistakes are carelessness, others are forced errors caused by people either messing about or the not-pranksters trying to get people to discredit themselves by accepting fake footage without checking it properly.

Skepticism is a healthy thing but needs due diligence to match the disbelief and barely a handful of the tweeters seem to have done any.
There will be mistakes. Perfection does not exist. Skepticism is not a bad thing, but what really grates me is the acceptance of things on social media without checking. Credibility, accuracy, factuality and context have gone out of the window.

Reactions: 3
There's curtain twitching on both sides, funnily enough. I can see one now! Joking aside, the notion that using sunscreen gives you cancer is so dangerous. Skin cancer is rife in my country and I know plenty of older people who've had it on their faces and ears after spending their youth sunbathing. It must be awful to have part of your nose or forehead removed.
E3668397-D32D-4E11-86B3-861CBBA484B6.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 8
There's curtain twitching on both sides, funnily enough. I can see one now! Joking aside, the notion that using sunscreen gives you cancer is so dangerous. Skin cancer is rife in my country and I know plenty of older people who've had it on their faces and ears after spending their youth sunbathing. It must be awful to have part of your nose or forehead removed.
View attachment 1182562
Am I reading this right? 😳🤯 The sun actually protects you from 16 different types of cancer?

What a nonsensical comment.

269248CC-072E-45F2-9462-DF4CAA55F49C.jpeg

Reactions: 6
Am I reading this right? 😳🤯 The sun actually protects you from 16 different types of cancer?

What a nonsensical comment.
I didn't even bother to check if it's probable because it just sound like BS to me. Yeah, I'm not doing my 'research' because even if true it's most likely been put through a CT filter and come out completely different.

I didn't even bother to check if it's probable because it just sound like BS to me. Yeah, I'm not doing my 'research' because even if true it's most likely been put through a CT filter and come out completely different.
It’s absurd and quite dangerous as I am sure there are people who will believe this, stop wearing sunscreen and bake in the sun for hours. 🔥🥵

I spoke to someone recently who was telling me her son was cured from post-viral syndrome after taking him to see a lady who dabbles with alternative therapies/natural remedies. Apparently this lady would make her own tablets 💊 by crushing herbs and natural stuff, put it into a machine and blast it with light and energy therapy/frequency. 🤔

How do people believe this over science?! 🤯

• Wow
Reactions: 4
View attachment 1182562
Hmmm … we had an old white cat when I was growing up, he didn’t eat seed oils or wear sunscreen and the poor thing still got skin cancer on his ears 😔

I’m completely baffled by the idea that sun protects you from cancer 🙄

• Sad
Autism charity chief has links to anti-vaccine movement.

“Thinking Autism also promoted unproven autism treatments in testimonials on its website and directed families to clinicians linked to the disgraced former doctor Andrew Wakefield, an investigation has found.”

“Its website, meanwhile, carries testimonials for unproven autism “treatments” including homeopathy and “CEASE therapy”, a pseudoscientific approach that claims to remove supposed toxic effects from outside sources, including vaccines.”

• Wow
Autism charity chief has links to anti-vaccine movement.

“Thinking Autism also promoted unproven autism treatments in testimonials on its website and directed families to clinicians linked to the disgraced former doctor Andrew Wakefield, an investigation has found.”

“Its website, meanwhile, carries testimonials for unproven autism “treatments” including homeopathy and “CEASE therapy”, a pseudoscientific approach that claims to remove supposed toxic effects from outside sources, including vaccines.”

The lack of critical thinking shown by those who allocate money to charities like this, just beggars belief. Mind you, it's not just lottery bigwigs who get the wool pulled over their eyes by pseudoscience. The NHS was providing homeopathy to patients until 2018.
https://www.nursingtimes.net/news/h...th-end-of-london-hospital-scripts-13-03-2018/

The lack of critical thinking shown by those who allocate money to charities like this, just beggars belief. Mind you, it's not just lottery bigwigs who get the wool pulled over their eyes by pseudoscience. The NHS was providing homeopathy to patients until 2018.
https://www.nursingtimes.net/news/h...th-end-of-london-hospital-scripts-13-03-2018/
I didn’t know about this. The problem with homeopathic medicine is that it is pseudoscientific, therefore lacking the scientific evidence to support its efficacy as well as safety.

Endorsed by royalty too! 🙄
No way! Not Chazza. 🫣

That Guardian article also has a link to this one 👇🏻 which talks about the homeopathic medicine scene in USA.

“..homeoprophylaxis strengthened children’s immunity to infectious diseases using “nosodes” – homeopathic remedies made from “pathological disease tissue”. They are taken orally in diluted form.”

These homeopathic treatments have not been trialled, tested, researched nor have they been FDA approved but parents are willing to try them on their children.

• Wow
  • Sad
No way! Not Chazza. 🫣

That Guardian article also has a link to this one 👇🏻 which talks about the homeopathic medicine scene in USA.

“..homeoprophylaxis strengthened children’s immunity to infectious diseases using “nosodes” – homeopathic remedies made from “pathological disease tissue”. They are taken orally in diluted form.”

These homeopathic treatments have not been trialled, tested, researched nor have they been FDA approved but parents are willing to try them on their children.
Same parents who are up in arms over vaccines, I'd bet.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.