Anti-Conspiracy Theories #5 We the Sheeple…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s interesting to see how many of these are American. I know it’s probably an American site, American politics are generally more followed, and QAnon has had an impact also. But it’s interesting to reflect on the seeming lack of localised conspiracies about British politics or issues

I’m sure there are reasons for that, but you’d think with how independent conspiracy theorists are we wouldn’t just be limited to Meghan Markle’s children being dolls and the royals being lizards
There are quite a few British ones I can think of:

Harold Wilson was a Soviet spy is the obvious one.

Jimmy Savile was actually the Yorkshire Ripper.

Stephen Milligan was murdered.

Dr David Kelly was murdered.

Madeline McCann was killed by her parents (as opposed to abducted by the Podestas in the US theory...)

The whole "Spy in the bag" thing.

There are a few more.

Reactions: 4
Yeah, I think there's a few British-based conspiracy theories out there:

Many theories about Princess Diana being assassinated, Jack the Ripper's identity, and / or that Shakespeare didn't write his work came from the UK
Paul McCartney died at the height of the Beatles' fame and was "replaced" with a lookalike
Numerous Brexit-themed conspiracy theories about things the EU supposedly has done or plans to do
Richey Edwards (of Manic Street Preachers fame) was murdered or faked his death
The idea that Elizabeth I either died from plague and was replaced by a male impostor (the "Bisley Boy" theory) or that she was secretly married and / or had children

Reactions: 5
It’s interesting to see how many of these are American. I know it’s probably an American site, American politics are generally more followed, and QAnon has had an impact also. But it’s interesting to reflect on the seeming lack of localised conspiracies about British politics or issues

I’m sure there are reasons for that, but you’d think with how independent conspiracy theorists are we wouldn’t just be limited to Meghan Markle’s children being dolls and the royals being lizards
I think it's at least in part because the US government has done so many things in the past that sound like crazy conspiracies but are actually true, it's not too much of a stretch to imagine they might be wrapped up in more. Say what you like about the Tories, I'm pretty sure they never had an official program of drugging unwitting citizens with LSD in an attempt to develop mind-control powers. If any country was going to try and emasculate men with the power of soybeans, I know which one my money would be on.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Right Said Fred are now saying that replacing plastic straws with paper ones is some kind of COVID-related conspiracy somehow

Since many disabled people have said that they need plastic straws and paper ones aren't a substitute for them, surely if the powers that be anticipated vast numbers of disabled/chronically ill people due to vaccines they'd be keeping the plastic?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Right Said Fred are now saying that replacing plastic straws with paper ones is some kind of COVID-related conspiracy somehow

Since many disabled people have said that they need plastic straws and paper ones aren't a substitute for them, surely if the powers that be anticipated vast numbers of disabled/chronically ill people due to vaccines they'd be keeping the plastic?
Does Pfizer fund the straw industry? 🧐

• Haha
If any country was going to try and emasculate men with the power of soybeans, I know which one my money would be on.
It wouldn't surprise me all that much if the CIA studied something like it during the cold war. They had basically unlimited money and almost no oversight.

Funnily enough that era ended when George H. W. Bush became president. I don't think it's a coincidence that he was previously CIA Director, so would have had some idea what they were like 😂

I think it's at least in part because the US government has done so many things in the past that sound like crazy conspiracies but are actually true, it's not too much of a stretch to imagine they might be wrapped up in more. Say what you like about the Tories, I'm pretty sure they never had an official program of drugging unwitting citizens with LSD in an attempt to develop mind-control powers. If any country was going to try and emasculate men with the power of soybeans, I know which one my money would be on.
Which party was in power in the UK in 1953 and 1954?

• Wow
Reactions: 7
See how easily distracted you all are? You have been blinded to the truth! All this stuff about paper versus plastic and it's like not one of you has the slightest awareness whatsoever of the elephant in the room, another surreptitious yet world-affecting change, sneaked in while everybody was looking the other way - that straws are not made of straw :eek:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
See how easily distracted you all are? You have been blinded to the truth! All this stuff about paper versus plastic and it's like not one of you has the slightest awareness whatsoever of the elephant in the room, another surreptitious yet world-affecting change, sneaked in while everybody was looking the other way - that straws are not made of straw :eek:
MIND. BLOWN. Now I feel like a total sheep

• Haha
The idea that Elizabeth I either died from plague and was replaced by a male impostor (the "Bisley Boy" theory) or that she was secretly married and / or had children
She (almost) certainly wasn't a virgin. There was also a theory that she was in a lesbian relationship with one of her servants, iirc.

That's the last straw!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’ve got a horse. It only dawned on me really recently that straws are called straws as they resemble straw 🙈😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Taylor Hawkins is old news to CT-ists, it's Will Smith and Bruce Willis for the next couple of days.
And just like that, as though like magic the sick green emotion reactions have started!! hahaha. It might be like last year when a few of them followed us all around tattle posting the sick reaction to all our posts (it alwa;ys made me laugh to receive a sick reaction on the Ingham Family thread from people who never previously posted on that particular thread). LOL :)

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.