Anti-Conspiracy Theories #5 We the Sheeple…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes I saw this! So good. It is ironic that the conspiracy theorists themselves are actually the ones who do the fear mongering.

I know, me too! I do wish there were legal limits on maximum workplace temperatures though :(
In NI employers have to stick to health and safety at work law ,temp must be at a comfortable level with a thermometer in clear sight of employees ,it falls under thermal comfort I believe .

Reactions: 2
In NI employers have to stick to health and safety at work law ,temp must be at a comfortable level with a thermometer in clear sight of employees ,it falls under thermal comfort I believe .
That sounds decent, I know in England they don't have this (or if they do they never have applied it to anywhere I've worked!). I know people tomorrow who have to go and work in in settings that will definitely be over comfortable levels, in 2019 during a lesser heatwave two people at my friend's workplace had to go to hospital 😭

Yeah here in Australia our higher than normal summer temps have led to things like the devastating bushfires. It’s baffling to me that some think this isn’t anything to worry about 😬
Gosh yes some of the fires I've seen in Australia have been awful. I know the current European heatwave is already triggering fires in Spain and France. Really concerning!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
That sounds decent, I know in England they don't have this (or if they do they never have applied it to anywhere I've worked!). I know people tomorrow who have to go and work in in settings that will definitely be over comfortable levels, in 2019 during a lesser heatwave two people at my friend's workplace had to go to hospital 😭

Gosh yes some of the fires I've seen in Australia have been awful. I know the current European heatwave is already triggering fires in Spain and France. Really concerning!
Jeez 😳 we’ve downed tools before that’s how I know they exist here .

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Jeez 😳 we’ve downed tools before that’s how I know they exist here .
Wow I can't get over how comprehensive that is in comparison to ours 😂. Initially I thought we had laws for minimum temperatures but according to this we don't have those either! I think it is deliberately vague so employers can do what they like.

• Sad
Wow I can't get over how comprehensive that is in comparison to ours 😂. Initially I thought we had laws for minimum temperatures but according to this we don't have those either! I think it is deliberately vague so employers can do what they like.
They get off with nothing here 😂

• Haha
Seriously SO thick.The country has gone to absolute tit, the plague is running rife and there is a record high heatwave coming but no we aren't allowed to be concerned because it's all "media hype" and they survived, no relished the heatwave of 76 😭.

We have this warnings after the 2003 heatwave because there were so many excess deaths and that people won't not be taken by surprise. Virtually every comment I see on anything similar (monkeypox, polio etc) is either "💉💉💉💉" "Media scaremongering again!!" or "When I was a child we used to roll around in the melted tarmac and it never did us any harm!!"
You dirty little bugger. I love the smell of tarmac but it must have been awful for your mother to wash off.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
We’re not built for this weather in the UK, the infrastructure is not for such high temperatures. Hopefully cold water 🧊 and a fan/air con will be in close reach for most people. 🔥🥵
If not then a simple hand fan - these are more effective than many people realise - can make all the difference. I've not yet needed to add the wet flannel on the head but as long as I know it's an option I don't have to stress about it.

If not then a simple hand fan - these are more effective than many people realise - can make all the difference. I've not yet needed to add the wet flannel on the head but as long as I know it's an option I don't have to stress about it.
Totally agree, I love my handheld fan lol. However I read once the air is a certain temperature it isn't much use having them on (maybe that is just for the larger fans though). My main concerns are for the elderly and for people who are having to go to work/school as usual.

Totally agree, I love my handheld fan lol. However I read once the air is a certain temperature it isn't much use having them on (maybe that is just for the larger fans though).
Hence the wet flannel option - there is a maximum temperature for effectiveness but if you have a wet surface to evaporate water from then the moving air can still be effective.
IIRC it's around 45 degrees, extendable by 5-10ish(?) though by then you should be trying to find somewhere else to be if you possibly can.

On 'Handheld', I take it you are referring to one of those newfangled electrical things...?
I was meaning the simple spade shaped (or fold up) type, to be wafted with as little expenditure of energy as possible, whilst trying to keep the coquettish fluttering thereof to a minimum.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Brilliant thread debunking the heat map CT
I love seeing things like this. I don't think they're done often enough, as a lot of people see a CT and think it's so silly that it's a waste of time trying to refute it. But I do think it's worth it.

Not that most CTists will pay it any heed. They're often on Twitter, hence falling over themselves to retweet/share CT tweets, but when they're disproven they go suspiciously quiet.

Just recently when the news of Ivana Trump dying broke, a heart attack was mentioned as a possible cause of death, so the CTists were happy to immediately link it to the covid vaccines. Yet now the news reports are saying she died from blunt force injuries to her torso, so it's likely she fell down the stairs at her home. But they'll either ignore that, or just say it's convenient/fake.

Hence the wet flannel option - there is a maximum temperature for effectiveness but if you have a wet surface to evaporate water from then the moving air can still be effective.
IIRC it's around 45 degrees, extendable by 5-10ish(?) though by then you should be trying to find somewhere else to be if you possibly can.

On 'Handheld', I take it you are referring to one of those newfangled electrical things...?
I was meaning the simple spade shaped (or fold up) type, to be wafted with as little expenditure of energy as possible, whilst trying to keep the coquettish fluttering thereof to a minimum.
I think I haven't read this properly would this be adding the flannel to your head or over the fan? I just don't know how people in offices/childcare settings/public transport will be able to take safety measures. I really hope that employers make adjustments at least :(.
Oh no that's what I meant, just a fan you hold in your hand I didn't mean to make up a new term haha.

Reactions: 1
But the issue with a simple hand fan is that you have to hold it. I am too lazy to do that. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Is there any stats on how many people deny climate change even to the smallest extent? Like those saying that it's just a heatwave and there's nothing troubling about it are probably not going to tell me that climate change outright doesn't exist and are probably just a bit ignorant/don't care... but it's also probably a good number of people
The Guardian published an article about this in 2019. I'd say that the numbers have increased since then. I'd say about 10% in the UK. I've also seen another article which reckons that about a third of the US population think that the risks of climate change have been exaggerated.

My view is that the climate change issue has become one of those polarised not to say politicised issues. I'm afraid the battle is lost and nothing or at least nowhere near enough is going to be done to mitigate it sufficiently. It probably won't affect me but I worry about what is going to happen within my grandson's lifetime.

Reactions: 8
Is there any stats on how many people deny climate change even to the smallest extent? Like those saying that it's just a heatwave and there's nothing troubling about it are probably not going to tell me that climate change outright doesn't exist and are probably just a bit ignorant/don't care... but it's also probably a good number of people
Will have a look later to see if there is anything but anecdotally it's absolutely rife if you look under the comments of any newspaper article. I don't doubt that it has gotten worse through the pandemic as it fits into the "control" agenda. The problem is you can present the facts to people till you are blue in the face but if they are convinced it doesn't exist it seems really difficult to change their minds (in my experience).

I had a look at this Twitter thread and there's a comment that someone had seen a CT that unused Covid vaccinations are being used in chemtrails!

• Wow
To which inevitably the response from some quarters is ;) "well they would say that wouldn't they?" and to which my (just as inevitable) response is well they would say that wouldn't they?

I must admit I am enjoying the suggestion that they take the temperature measurements at airports so the air is hotter due to the jet engines. Do they change the locations to branches of Iceland in winter?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.