Anti Conspiracy Theories #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What’s the Peter Pan theory?
There are a few, one is that Peter is an angel that holds children's hands as they enter heaven. Another is that Peter actually kills the boys when they reach puberty and that Hook escaped and survived into adulthood and is trying to rescue the children. JM Barries sibling died at 13 and he often said they went to neverland.
There's a lot of context around it but I can't remember sorry.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Poor Avail got replaced with Melissa quick sharp didn’t she.
It's so weird how someone just decided it was Avril. I've nothing against her, some of her music is ok but if she were to pass away I doubt there'd be a global recession because nobody's buying her albums anymore. I'd be more inclined to believe a dictator like Idi Amin or Pol Pot was replaced, tbh.
What would I know though, I pretend to live in 'Australia' for a living.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I was really excited to see people talking about aliens but even they’ve been connected to COVID now it seems 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I was really excited to see people talking about aliens but even they’ve been connected to COVID now it seems 😭
I saw that, I was excited too. My husband is a CT and he believes in aliens yet hangs tit on me because I believe in ghosts. Each to their own, and I'm always interested in hearing alien stuff.

Reactions: 3
In Australia we have Yowies and Bunyips. Like our actual fauna isn't frightening enough we also have Cryptids.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I probably should post this on the actual CT thread but big cats roaming the countryside. We did have something taking sheep, never did catch whatever it was but the vet was the first to offer the big cat theory. Neighbouring farms swore they'd caught sight of it/them/the thing!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I probably should post this on the actual CT thread but big cats roaming the countryside. We did have something taking sheep, never did catch whatever it was but the vet was the first to offer the big cat theory. Neighbouring farms swore they'd caught sight of it/them/the thing!
I read about those in the Fortean Times, big bloody things by the looks of them. That's a theory that does have a ring of truth to it.

Reactions: 2
The JFK jr thing. I had know someone who is a university lecturer so she’s clever and educated but she swore that JFK jr was going to come back to life on this certain date and announce he was running with Donald Trump??? And she posted someone about Keanu Reeves believing in a ‘great awakening’ and called himself a patriot and when I pointed out he was Canadian she blocked me.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I wonder what the next conspiracy thing will be once this is over. A lot of them seem to think this is some huge deal so if the government moves on… then what?

British Qanon incoming?

I wonder what the next conspiracy thing will be once this is over. A lot of them seem to think this is some huge deal so if the government moves on… then what?

British Qanon incoming?
Won't that be the final stage of humanity, lots genuinely believe we're slowly being turned into some sort of hybrid AI.

• Sad
I read about those in the Fortean Times, big bloody things by the looks of them. That's a theory that does have a ring of truth to it.
The CT thread doesn’t exist now, it’s just an anti vax thread now. It’s a shame because I’d love to have intelligent discussions about real conspiracy theories such as aliens etc - maybe we should make a non covid conspiracy theory thread and ban anyone who mentions the C word?

Reactions: 14
The CT thread doesn’t exist now, it’s just an anti vax thread now. It’s a shame because I’d love to have intelligent discussions about real conspiracy theories such as aliens etc - maybe we should make a non covid conspiracy theory thread and ban anyone who mentions the C word?
That's not a bad shout actually! Doubt it would work though, they're quite an insidious lot and would leach into the thread.

• Haha
Won't that be the final stage of humanity, lots genuinely believe we're slowly being turned into some sort of hybrid AI.
Hybrid suggests we have some integral part but we're just the transport, carrying our electronic overlord's portable computing nodes phones and tablets to wherever they want to go.

• Wow
There are a few, one is that Peter is an angel that holds children's hands as they enter heaven. Another is that Peter actually kills the boys when they reach puberty and that Hook escaped and survived into adulthood and is trying to rescue the children. JM Barries sibling died at 13 and he often said they went to neverland.
There's a lot of context around it but I can't remember sorry.
Wow! Another one I’ve not heard…

I have a hard time believing anyone really thinks the Earth is flat. I know some will by the law of probablities, but surely even most who say they believe that are actually joking/trolling?
A podcast I enjoy - Oh No with Ross and Carrie - did a series where they looked at flat earthers, wet to meetings etc. These people seemed to genuinely believe it was flat. Baffling. Here is ep 1: https://ohnopodcast.com/investigati...rth-part-1-pizza-shaped-earth-edition?rq=flat

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.