Anti Conspiracy Theories #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And yet Ive seen it referred to in those threads as a "safe and reliable" treatment of covid19.

I think they don't realise how much the vaccine has actually been tested compared to some drugs currently on the market too. There are many, many treatments pushed out that have had nowhere near the level of testing the vaccine has.

One of the hot new terms as well seems to be talking about informed consent. Its literally the most talked about medical issue, the vaccine, of the last how many years. Information is available in abundance. They hand out leaflets on it at every opportunity. I dont know how much more informed your consent can be.
They spout the phrase unpaid medical trial until 2023. The base of the vaccine has been around for decades, it is not a new drug persay at all.

I was given a mass of information before and at my appointment and given the option there and then to say no. These people who say they haven’t been given information either need to get some balls and ask for it or research it if they feel they need more, it’s always someone else’s fault or error.

Reactions: 6
They spout the phrase unpaid medical trial until 2023. The base of the vaccine has been around for decades, it is not a new drug persay at all.

I was given a mass of information before and at my appointment and given the option there and then to say no. These people who say they haven’t been given information either need to get some balls and ask for it or research it if they feel they need more, it’s always someone else’s fault or error.
Ironically these are the same people who like to say they do their own research I.e you tube videos

Reactions: 5

Or referring to the mRNA vaccines as 'gene therapy not a vaccine!' ugh.

mRNA technology is making headway in other medical treatment, particularly in cancer treatment, so it sucks that people are spreading such awful misinformation around it as it could sully peoples ideas of treatments other than the covid vaccine.

Or referring to the mRNA vaccines as 'gene therapy not a vaccine!' ugh.

mRNA technology is making headway in other medical treatment, particularly in cancer treatment, so it sucks that people are spreading such awful misinformation around it as it could sully peoples ideas of treatments other than the covid vaccine.
Yes, that just demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of a) what gene therapy is and b) how vaccines work. I appreciate not everyone has a background in biology, but if you are going to make these claims then at least learn a bit about it first (and then you will learn that your claims are baseless). Gene therapy is also hugely expensive so I'm not sure why they think the government would want to spend that much on all of us 😅

I note that there hasn't been much outrage about the use of actual gene therapies. There was an item on the news a few weeks ago about a baby from Gloucester who was one of the first in the UK to receive gene therapy to treat spinal muscular dystrophy, and I was expecting to see some backlash about it from those who are supposedly so against gene therapy...

And yet Ive seen it referred to in those threads as a "safe and reliable" treatment of covid19.

I think they don't realise how much the vaccine has actually been tested compared to some drugs currently on the market too. There are many, many treatments pushed out that have had nowhere near the level of testing the vaccine has.

One of the hot new terms as well seems to be talking about informed consent. Its literally the most talked about medical issue, the vaccine, of the last how many years. Information is available in abundance. They hand out leaflets on it at every opportunity. I dont know how much more informed your consent can be.
I was prompted by your earlier remark to 'do some research' :eek: yesterday and found the same paper - and reached the same conclusions about risk (the seriously high dosage required) and how using it in these circumstances is absolutely 'experimental' given the lack of trials, no long term data etc.

And another quick confirmation has me annoyed at having one of those wrong pronunciations that stuck, I keep thinking it has an extra 'n' so it starts with 'inver'.
Obviously this prompted me to wonder where is Mectin, is it near Ness, i and is there a Loch Mectin that I should have visited? How long have all the maps been fake?
I had no idea this research thing could be so dangerous, I have a whole new pool of self doubt to swim in! Or maybe that's the deep truth, the pool of self doubt *is* Loch Mectin 🤪

• Haha
I shared this in the Mask thread but thought it well worth sharing here, a very thorough look at masks etc that others might find useful when engaging in discussions.

I shared this in the Mask thread but thought it well worth sharing here, a very thorough look at masks etc that others might find useful when engaging in discussions.
I will continue to wear mine after tomorrow’s shamble of a decision to drop all restrictions. I don’t see this playing out well at all. I am utterly embarrassed by the government and their poor decision making skills, YET AGAIN. 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I will continue to wear mine after tomorrow’s shamble of a decision to drop all restrictions. I don’t see this playing out well at all.
I am in Australia, so very different circumstances (locking down after less than 20 cases, compulsory mask wearing indoors and outdoors etc). But golly I am worried about the UK. It feels like a very dangerous experiment.

• Sad
I am in Australia, so very different circumstances (locking down after less than 20 cases, compulsory mask wearing indoors and outdoors etc). But golly I am worried about the UK. It feels like a very dangerous experiment.
I see the situation in Australia is not all that great, although you face harsh restrictions, your cases are minimal compared to here. It really does feel like a very wrong experiment, this feels like it is echoing the government’s handling of the pandemic back in March 2020 when we went into lockdown far too late. Now I feel they are dropping all restrictions far too quickly, when cases are rising so much. 😩

Reactions: 4
I will continue to wear mine after tomorrow’s shamble of a decision to drop all restrictions. I don’t see this playing out well at all. I am utterly embarrassed by the government and their poor decision making skills, YET AGAIN. 😭
Where necessary I plan to continue wearing a mask too but I will also continue to limit my activities so that I am not in a position where I have to or be put at risk by the morons who are making not wearing one a point of principle. That means no public transport, no public gatherings and only going into shops when I have to.

I haven't posted much lately and I admit that it's because I have been worn down by the incompetence, negligence and venality of our government but mostly by the spirit crushing stupidity of a proportion of the 'Great British public'. I think for the sake of my metal health I really need to avoid the news and social media for a while and concentrate on something more productive but I keep being tempted back.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think the government are making a huge mistake. I don’t understand how they think this is the correct course of action. And to hear this morning that health secretary has tested positive but Boris isn’t self isolating after being in contact is ridiculous. It’s made a mockery of every single person who has stuck to everything. I want to continue to wear my mask, but I’m afraid that it will be seen as weird, odd or paranoid. I went to tesco today 10 mins after it opened and it was already heaving with at least 2/3rds of people not wearing a mask. It’s never been that volume before and just shows that even waiting one more day for people is too much. I’m even more scared right now if what is to come, I don’t think I can cope with feeling the level of anxiety I had at the beginning of the pandemic

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I think the government are making a huge mistake. I don’t understand how they think this is the correct course of action. And to hear this morning that health secretary has tested positive but Boris isn’t self isolating after being in contact is ridiculous. It’s made a mockery of every single person who has stuck to everything. I want to continue to wear my mask, but I’m afraid that it will be seen as weird, odd or paranoid. I went to tesco today 10 mins after it opened and it was already heaving with at least 2/3rds of people not wearing a mask. It’s never been that volume before and just shows that even waiting one more day for people is too much. I’m even more scared right now if what is to come, I don’t think I can cope with feeling the level of anxiety I had at the beginning of the pandemic
They’ve done a 180 on the lack of isolating from Boris now, a lot of backlash apparently

• Angry
Where necessary I plan to continue wearing a mask too but I will also continue to limit my activities so that I am not in a position where I have to or be put at risk by the morons who are making not wearing one a point of principle. That means no public transport, no public gatherings and only going into shops when I have to.

I haven't posted much lately and I admit that it's because I have been worn down by the incompetence, negligence and venality of our government but mostly by the spirit crushing stupidity of a proportion of the 'Great British public'. I think for the sake of my metal health I really need to avoid the news and social media for a while and concentrate on something more productive but I keep being tempted back.
I unfortunately cannot avoid busy places such as London and the underground as I work in the city but I will try and keep away from crowds and possibly use an alternate route, to avoid the busiest train lines. I’m yet to have the 2nd vaccine as well as having long Covid so I do feel extremely anxious about tomorrow and the days to follow. 😭

I think many are feeling the same way regarding the government’s actions (or lack of) as well as the so many conflicting news reports and social media. Hope you are able to focus on something a tad positive.

It’s just one thing after another with this government, what the actual f*ck are they thinking? Do they not have any common sense or an ounce of decency in their so called intellectual brains. I’m not surprised you saw so many people without masks on, I dread to think what it will be like after tomorrow.

Last edited:
They’ve done a 180 on the lack of isolating from Boris now, a lot of backlash apparently
Just seen this, but it’s the fact he’s said he wouldn’t anyway as well as the fiasco with Matt Hancock, the damage is already done

Reactions: 2
I feel like we’re being pranked by our own government! Like they’re purposefully trying to cause unrest with the way they’re handling everything and all the back tracking. How they thought them not isolating was a good idea I don’t know!

This is how I feel as well - I try and stay away from it all and then find myself reading the various threads on here, twitter and wherever else. It's exhausting.

I feel like we’re being pranked by our own government! Like they’re purposefully trying to cause unrest with the way they’re handling everything and all the back tracking. How they thought them not isolating was a good idea I don’t know!
I said the same thing earlier - it's like they're purposely doing everything wrong / removing every bit of restriction possible in order to create confusion and for more people to get positive.

I think Boris and co think themselves forward thinkers wanting to influence the world with what to do next - ie. remove restrictions, open up and live with covid. Fair enough if everyone (that wants to be) is vaccinated and Delta doesn't mutate to something even more sinister but that's not the case yet.

Anyone else just feel completely and utterly broken by it all now?

• Sad
My husband is currently self isolating and working from home because some MORON in his office was around people who tested positive but because he thinks “it’s all bullshit” proceeded to come into the office coughing and sneezing and passed it onto 2 of the lads. One of them who caught it passed it to his Mrs and they’ve had to cancel their only family holiday this year. I’m livid for them and it’s because our joke of a government has just gave people excuse after excuse to not follow the rules. I said to my husband you can guarantee we’ll be back in lockdown by the autumn and I’m seriously thinking no travel abroad next year either. I’ve got friends who are sick with cancer who have had over a year of life stolen from them and not are even more wary of doing things from tomorrow. Society makes me ill honestly.

This is how I feel as well - I try and stay away from it all and then find myself reading the various threads on here, twitter and wherever else. It's exhausting.

I said the same thing earlier - it's like they're purposely doing everything wrong / removing every bit of restriction possible in order to create confusion and for more people to get positive.

I think Boris and co think themselves forward thinkers wanting to influence the world with what to do next - ie. remove restrictions, open up and live with covid. Fair enough if everyone (that wants to be) is vaccinated and Delta doesn't mutate to something even more sinister but that's not the case yet.

Anyone else just feel completely and utterly broken by it all now?
Herd immunity for sure. and they will use the rising infections and possible deaths to try and frighten the younger people into getting vaccinated as well which isn’t the right way to go about it at all imo

• Sad
It will be harder for them to bring back a lockdown or any form of restrictions (if needed) after tomorrow, simply because their own rules are a shamble and because people will not want to comply.

Had they kept some of the safety guidelines in place, such as masks and social distancing in certain settings after tomorrow it would help remind people that caution is needed. Rather than this drop all restrictions and f it attitude.

Reactions: 2
My husband is currently self isolating and working from home because some MORON in his office was around people who tested positive but because he thinks “it’s all bullshit” proceeded to come into the office coughing and sneezing and passed it onto 2 of the lads. One of them who caught it passed it to his Mrs and they’ve had to cancel their only family holiday this year. I’m livid for them and it’s because our joke of a government has just gave people excuse after excuse to not follow the rules. I said to my husband you can guarantee we’ll be back in lockdown by the autumn and I’m seriously thinking no travel abroad next year either. I’ve got friends who are sick with cancer who have had over a year of life stolen from them and not are even more wary of doing things from tomorrow. Society makes me ill honestly.

Herd immunity for sure. and they will use the rising infections and possible deaths to try and frighten the younger people into getting vaccinated as well which isn’t the right way to go about it at all imo
Their are some seriously selfish people out there, people of all ages and back grounds acting like dicks and effecting other people. People with jobs that would indicate they would know better (nhs staff/school staff etc). I feel for the family you just mentioned that can not go on holiday now :( your husband too- isolating is not fun…..

Reactions: 9
Back in lockdown here for the fifth time. Thought I'd lighten the mood with this set of comments. Then I'm off to wrap my legs around a tree and rest my yoni on the trunk.
Best do it before the possum- not a euphemism- wakes up!
18A449CC-7C0B-4E67-9E97-7CF8B1EECF2D.jpeg

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.