Anti Conspiracy Theories #2 when a YouTube video just won’t do!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Russell Brand also seems to be making a good go of it on youtube
Anyone quoting that bleeping narcissist really needs to give their head a wobble! It wasn’t that long ago he was prancing around with his “Illuminati” wife and the Hollywood elite! Cynical parasite!

Reactions: 10
Anyone quoting that bleeping narcissist really needs to give their head a wobble! It wasn’t that long ago he was prancing around with his “Illuminati” wife and the Hollywood elite! Cynical parasite!
His career has been on rapid decline for years now. I think even all his celeb mates have ditched him.

Reactions: 1
Some of you may be interested into looking into the GME stuff going on at Reddit. It's very much a pump and dumb scheme, but there is a group of very dedicated people who have turned into the conspiracy and almost cult-like side of things

It's a whole of a lot easier to analyse them and their behaviour than your standard anti-vaxxer or Qanon group because they're not exactly out there causing the most amount of harm unless you suddenly have some $150 to drop into stock, so the emotions don't run as high. Also they're all in a very public place so it's not like you have to go through a several groups on different platforms to see what's happening with them

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Ive not been on this thread before. I do post on the CT Thread. I notice we hardly mention the Anti CT thread but most posts on here refer to the CT thread. Can you be more helpful please and debunk the CT theories by finding out important correct information instead of just criticising people or posts on the CT thread. Id like to know your genuine information please. TIA

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Ive not been on this thread before. I do post on the CT Thread. I notice we hardly mention the Anti CT thread but most posts on here refer to the CT thread. Can you be more helpful please and debunk the CT theories by finding out important correct information instead of just criticising people or posts on the CT thread. Id like to know your genuine information please. TIA
As long as it stays in separate threads don't see the issue. The burden of proof is always on someone who claims things are not as they seem.

Reactions: 14
I tried to do this yesterday but you were not having any of it. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Arguing with members, we're not here to fight each other either ignore a user or respectfully disagree - Please read our rules and why they're important
As long as it stays in separate threads don't see the issue. The burden of proof is always on someone who claims things are not as they seem.
Im genuinely interested and i would love proof that what most CT's have said will not happen as it scares the pants off me. But unfortunately a lot of what they have said in the past is now actually happening. My main point is that instead of providing proof against these CT theories you just call the CT thread a lot of nutters (for want of a better term). Wouldnt it be more useful of your time to debunk these CT Theories

I tried to do this yesterday but you were not having any of it. 🤷🏻‍♀️
You know full well i replied to you several times and you continued to miss quote what you originally asked.

Im genuinely interested and i would love proof that what most CT's have said will not happen as it scares the pants off me. But unfortunately a lot of what they have said in the past is now actually happening. My main point is that instead of providing proof against these CT theories you just call the CT thread a lot of nutters (for want of a better term). Wouldnt it be more useful of your time to debunk these CT Theories

You know full well i replied to you several times and you continued to miss quote what you originally asked.
I’m not going to enterain this conversation any further as I don’t want to derail this thread, nor do I want to waste my time or your time going over who said what. 🙂

• Haha
Reactions: 4

I've never called anyone a nutter or anything similar. There's a big spectrum of CT's and I wouldn't just lump them all into one group. There's nothing wrong with discussing the psychology behind why people have these beliefs. You say a lot of what they have said is now happening, but that's just another vague statement.

Honestly most of the theories that CT people spout all the time can be debunked with a quick google. Google the theory, find a reputable website and research. Depending on the theory, if you search it, it can usually be debunked within the first few search results.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
With respect, most people on that thread aren't 'genuinely interested' in their theories being debunked. Which are, as @lupanda mentions, very easy to do. However It's a lot of time to spend constantly debunking CTs, and frankly not worth anyones effort if they're going to be ignored.

Stop reading that thread and you'll stop getting scared. Google things, read a variety of sources, don't rely on forums for facts...

Reactions: 13
Stop reading that thread and you'll stop getting scared. Google things, read a variety of sources, don't rely on forums for facts...
Exactly this. Many years ago, I used to suffer with terrible health anxiety. You know what I had to do? STOP googling health sites and reading up on symptoms for awful diseases that I would seemingly go on to develop after reading about them.

I'd also like to know what things have come true that they said would.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Some people who spread CTs are 'nutters', some are grifters, some want to destabilise society and some genuinely believe what they are saying. You can't always tell them apart.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Nearly all my posts on this thread are intended to debunk conspiracy theories. However there are plenty out there so please say if you have a particular one in mind that you would like addressed.

I've got to be honest, judging from the number posts on the CT thread that you 'like' you aren't exactly reluctant to believe them.

The only one I can see that you've been directly involved with is the recent research paper published in The Lancet about suicide rates.

You appeared to claim that the research paper was incorrect and cited the fact that six people committed suicide on the Humber Bridge during March 2021 which led to the footpaths being closed.

The research paper looked at the period between April to October 2020 so statistics from March 2021 are not relevant to it. Do you have any figures for the number of suicides on the bridge in April to October 2020? This might be a better comparison against which to judge the validity of the research paper.

• Angry
Reactions: 9
Someone where I live has been putting up stickers with a cartoon of a woman saying "I think COVID-19 is part of a larger agenda" and someone in a HazMat suit saying "you're just being paranoid." :rolleyes: I've taken a few of them down - not with my fingers in case there are razor blades behind them!

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Someone where I live has been putting up stickers with a cartoon of a woman saying "I think COVID-19 is part of a larger agenda" and someone in a HazMat suit saying "you're just being paranoid." :rolleyes: I've taken a few of them down - not with my fingers in case there are razor blades behind them!
the fact that stickers are being made for this sort of stuff amuses me for some odd reason

Someone on the local Facebook group started calling people sheep because they were listening to the narrative given to them by the poster

The post was literally about a car being parked a certain way... literally nothing to do with COVID

I've been trying to catch up on this thread before I posted, but please forgive me if I'm just repeating something someone else has already said!

I also don't know too much much about some of the Covid CTs going around because generally as soon I see someone start on about them I switch off. However, there's one woman on my Facebook posting a lot and there are also stickers appearing on bins and lamposts in my area, which all seem to be claiming that this is all some plan to eliminate our freedom, lockdown is never actually going to end, they want to keep us in fear so we stay locked away forever etc. ...

And maybe this is just narrow sighted of me, maybe I haven't watched enough (any) 8 hour YouTube rants but the thing I can't understand is...why? What's the benefit to keeping us all penned in at home? Surely any government wants their people out, spending money, fueling the economy and lining their pockets? I just don't get what the purpose of a never ending lockdown would be?

Like I said, maybe I've not paid enough attention to what these people are saying, maybe I have a very short-sighted view and they do feel like there's a reason that makes sense...

I've been trying to catch up on this thread before I posted, but please forgive me if I'm just repeating something someone else has already said!

I also don't know too much much about some of the Covid CTs going around because generally as soon I see someone start on about them I switch off. However, there's one woman on my Facebook posting a lot and there are also stickers appearing on bins and lamposts in my area, which all seem to be claiming that this is all some plan to eliminate our freedom, lockdown is never actually going to end, they want to keep us in fear so we stay locked away forever etc. ...

And maybe this is just narrow sighted of me, maybe I haven't watched enough (any) 8 hour YouTube rants but the thing I can't understand is...why? What's the benefit to keeping us all penned in at home? Surely any government wants their people out, spending money, fueling the economy and lining their pockets? I just don't get what the purpose of a never ending lockdown would be?

Like I said, maybe I've not paid enough attention to what these people are saying, maybe I have a very short-sighted view and they do feel like there's a reason that makes sense...
There are a myriad of conspiracy theories surrounding Covid-19 but the only reason I've found for the lockdown itself is that the government is testing us to see how much control we will put up with so that they can develop a strategy for a more authoritarian regime.

Reactions: 5
There are a myriad of conspiracy theories surrounding Covid-19 but the only reason I've found for the lockdown itself is that the government is testing us to see how much control we will put up with so that they can develop a strategy for a more authoritarian regime.
Careful Moth, sounding a bit CT there!😘

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.