Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One of my old work places, some people would pick their nose whilst on the toilet and wipe it on the walls. Absolutely feral behaviour 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 10
When someone asks you to do something that is extremely time consuming and isn't even in your scope of work but you have to do it because your manager says you have to...and the person doesn't even say "thank you". Rude.
And no, I don't have the option to say "no" next time. But it'll definitely take me a LOT longer next time. Maybe a week or two.

Reactions: 4
One of my old work places, some people would pick their nose whilst on the toilet and wipe it on the walls. Absolutely feral behaviour 🤢
What the hell.

Why go all the way to the toilet to do that when you can just wipe them under your desk.

Jk before anyone thinks I seriously do this.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Obviously it's not possible but I'd want to test any residue left on cubicle walls and match it to the offender! It's a bio hazard as much as it's just disgusting 🤢🤢🤢

Omg did we work together?

We had the same in our women's loos. It was absolutely grim, they were so narrow too that it made you feel sick when you had to brush against the toilet cubicle :sick:

Reactions: 3
I can’t stand it when I’m in the middle of something and people come over and start asking me to help them with something non urgent.

No, please or anything like that or ‘I’ll let you finish what you’re doing but could we catch up after’ just launching straight into a request.

Reactions: 9
Does anyone else have an insufferable male boomer boss?

I've worked for a few blokes like this... Usually 55+, thinks driving is 'an art form' and moan about 'the missus'.

They love having a captive audience of a younger person nodding along and faking interest in their stories.

Reactions: 2
New colleague keeps saying I should go for a walk for lunch

It’s cold and wet at the moment, I just have no interest

Reactions: 5
New colleague keeps saying I should go for a walk for lunch

It’s cold and wet at the moment, I just have no interest
New colleague needs to get the hint and stop telling other colleagues to go for walks. I'd be pissed off is someone kept telling me.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Manager is extremely jealous of me. She is 20 years my senior (I’m 21). She has all the traits of a covert narcissist. Constantly making digs at me and laughing it off like it’s a joke. Trying to tell me what to do even though I know how to do my job better than her. Plays victim when she is called out on things which I have done numerous times before and then she cries for sympathy.

• Sad
Another day at tit House Towers.

We have to work with the son of the company boss (I have mentioned before) and so far after having yesterday off, he has come in this morning and done sweet FA so far but has managed to rack up some all important You Tube video watching.

Also one of the older members of staff who since she started here 2 years ago still struggles to get to work on time. She is 59 so she has plenty of practice but alas she hasn’t figured out that it busier on the roads:-

a) When the weather is bad
b) Rush hour traffic when everyone is trying to get to work – the mind boggles.

She was off ‘sick’ last week and conveniently had Friday had holiday – probably not been a person risen from their tomb faster than her since Jesus. She is in today and you can probably guess it, yes she was 20 minutes late. She at least messaged to say she can’t understand that traffic is horrendous for some reason? I don't know why the traffic would be bad at 8.30am on a rainy day? Can anyone help?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I’ve always found that the closer someone works to the office the later they usually are. We had one years ago who could see the hospital from her flat and still racked up late and yet the ones who come in from 20+ miles away are usually early.

Reactions: 9
Manager is extremely jealous of me. She is 20 years my senior (I’m 21). She has all the traits of a covert narcissist. Constantly making digs at me and laughing it off like it’s a joke. Trying to tell me what to do even though I know how to do my job better than her. Plays victim when she is called out on things which I have done numerous times before and then she cries for sympathy.
I have been in this position before. It was awful. I was getting bullied. I ended up leaving as it was unhealthy for me. Now 10 years on I can see it for what it was, jealously.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I can’t stand it when I’m in the middle of something and people come over and start asking me to help them with something non urgent.

No, please or anything like that or ‘I’ll let you finish what you’re doing but could we catch up after’ just launching straight into a request.
Honestly this is exactly why I hate phone calls (I'm not customer facing). Especially in this day of Teams... it takes seconds to send someone a quick message saying 'hello when you're free/have 5 mins would you have some time to talk about xxx.' It can then also be useful to weed out things you can't help with and direct them to the correct person. Instead calling someone is simply demanding they stop whatever they're doing to speak to you right now.
It's like walking up to someone in an office, standing alongside them and making an annoying noise until they stop what they're doing to speak to you.

Reactions: 3
I've worked for a few blokes like this... Usually 55+, thinks driving is 'an art form' and moan about 'the missus'.
I've worked with so many men that literally hate their partners. They seem to thrive on going on about how oppressed they are, how they hope they can do 1 small thing for themselves if 'The Mrs' allows. One guy I worked with was only mid-20's, you'd think he was married with a huge mortgage, 5 kids etc. He would say 'The Mrs' (they weren't married) wouldn't allow him to get takeaways, wouldn't allow him to spend his own money, like this kind of sounds like abuse but he seemed to love it and thrive on complaining if that makes sense? Meanwhile the poor 'Mrs' was probs none the wiser of how she was being portrayed 😂

Reactions: 10
I worked with a bully like that. Colleague, not manager. I was a good bit younger than the rest of the staff. Constant digs and then laughed off as though a joke, and trying to make me look like the baddie when I called her out. Nasty.

She got caught out eventually when she - as the saying goes - picked on someone her own size ie one of the older / more senior staff members. Everyone saw then what I as the junior/ much younger colleague had always seen. Suddenly her 'jokes' weren't funny to them. 🥴

Too little too late for me, and I had long moved jobs but I was so glad to hear that it actually happened.

• Wow
One of my colleagues calls in sick every week, I am 100% on board that health comes first - but she makes it obvious she is faking it! For example she did the ‘sick voice’ and whispered she could barely talk and the next day she was singing and screaming like a fool in the office!

• Wow
crappy supermarket worker update (the orange one)

Store Manager has cameras everywhere
Store manager watches staff in cameras
Store manager timing break
Now
Store manager is bringing in headsets so they can listen to conversations

All I can think is if this was a relationship it would be a huge red flag so why is it acceptable at work? I'm not comfortable being listened to whenever they want and being spied on to make sure I don't go over my break.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11