Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My work has sent out a text saying "please only use the designated sockets to charge your phone" soo I'm guessing some idiots have probably been unplugging things to charge their phones.
Please tell me you don’t work in an intensive care unit …

• Haha
Reactions: 29
You're not alone. I sat directly opposite a guy for a few years who pounded the keyboard so hard, it sounded like he was actually hitting it with his fists, it nearly drove me insane.
I share an office with his female counterpart. It drives me insane. She only types with one finger on each hand but she screws the rest of her hand into fists to get extra power with the pounding. One day her and her keyboard will go out of our office window.
---
Also I'm sharing an office on site with a different colleague. Lunch every day is two packets of mini cheddars, each biscuit individually sucked instead of chewed. This isn't even the most annoying thing about them!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I share an office with his female counterpart. It drives me insane. She only types with one finger on each hand but she screws the rest of her hand into fists to get extra power with the pounding. One day her and her keyboard will go out of our office window.
---
Also I'm sharing an office on site with a different colleague. Lunch every day is two packets of mini cheddars, each biscuit individually sucked instead of chewed. This isn't even the most annoying thing about them!
I previously had a male team mate who started hammering the keyboard before he even took off his coat in the mornings.
He drove me to distraction noise cancelling headphones and music, even tried hypnotherapy. Nothing worked.
Now share with 2 women and Im not sure how the keyboards still work they hammer them so hard.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
crappy supermarket worker update (the orange one)

Store Manager has cameras everywhere
Store manager watches staff in cameras
Store manager timing break
Now
Store manager is bringing in headsets so they can listen to conversations

All I can think is if this was a relationship it would be a huge red flag so why is it acceptable at work? I'm not comfortable being listened to whenever they want and being spied on to make sure I don't go over my break.
I am guessing this begins with an ‘S’? I may stop shopping there as that is disgusting.

Reactions: 2
Hand in hand with the keyboard thing - people who speak so loudly on Zoom calls, the whole floor can hear their conversations. I don’t mind if the person is on calls twice a day, but if they’re on calls ALL day and getting agitated or overly excited, it’s unbearable. I have to deal with that multiple times a week, 8 hours a day! I can’t even sit anywhere else because I’m told where to sit despite our hot desking policy smh,

Reactions: 8
It's not annoying, more like amusing. Those coworkers whose photo on their email or Teams profile is AT LEAST 15 years old. One guy looks nothing like his photo any longer. Like, not even close. Someone had to tell me who he was when I saw him in person. Never would have guessed.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It's not annoying, more like amusing. Those coworkers whose photo on their email or Teams profile is AT LEAST 15 years old. One guy looks nothing like his photo any longer. Like, not even close. Someone had to tell me who he was when I saw him in person. Never would have guessed.
Along with those who work remotely then on an office day for the first time nobody recognises them as their profile pic is so filtered they look like a totally different person.

All my male colleagues have black and white photos with Zoolander style pouts. Bet they spent hours posing to get the best one.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My colleague eats the same make and flavour of crisps every. Single. Day. Cheap ones from Lidl. Fair enough, she obviously likes them. But each crisp is thoroughly examined before eating. Finally when she finished rustling the packet and down to the bare crumbs she proceeds to lick her finger and dab out every single last tiny crumb. Drives me wild!! Just eat the bleeping crisps, bin it and move on!!

• Sick
My colleague eats the same make and flavour of crisps every. Single. Day. Cheap ones from Lidl. Fair enough, she obviously likes them. But each crisp is thoroughly examined before eating. Finally when she finished rustling the packet and down to the bare crumbs she proceeds to lick her finger and dab out every single last tiny crumb. Drives me wild!! Just eat the bleeping crisps, bin it and move on!!
That would drive me up the walls. 🤢

Reactions: 2
I have a colleague who has gone bald since his company photo was taken. There's been photos taken since but he's refused to change it to the one where he doesn't have hair 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 14
My colleagues sit with the blinds closed. So we get no natural day light.

I hope I get this job I’ve applied for.

• Heart
Some of my colleagues have straight up selfies 😂

Reactions: 3
I have colleagues who have used holiday snaps of them wearing massive sunglasses. It just doesn't seem right for work.

A few years back, I went to a work related event with colleagues who’d only seen my profile picture but not in person. The photo was taken at a passport Photo Booth and was therefore a scanned physical photo in the company directory, so no photoshop/alterations.

Unfortunately, when I attended this event, I had lost a lot of weight due to personal circumstances and stress and looked frail as opposed to my healthy face on the photo. One male coworker who met me for the first time said: ‘Oh, you’re TheGlossy? I didn’t recognize you at all. I only realized it’s you because you have a very distinctive voice’.

Hum right thanks! Two insults in one setting 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Team nights out. Urgh.

Twice a year we have to have them to 'bond'.

New rules now that we have to do an 'activity' and not just go out for food/drink.

I really can't be arsed. A meal is OK, I live quite away from the office so normally eat the go while everyone else carries on. With now having to do an a activity, I think my babysitter is busy 😂 (single mum).

Team nights out. Urgh.

Twice a year we have to have them to 'bond'.

New rules now that we have to do an 'activity' and not just go out for food/drink.

I really can't be arsed. A meal is OK, I live quite away from the office so normally eat the go while everyone else carries on. With now having to do an a activity, I think my babysitter is busy 😂 (single mum).
If I’m not getting paid for it, I ain’t doing it.

• Heart
Reactions: 16