Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am I the only person who gets annoyed at people who type so loudly on their keyboard to the point where it sounds like they’re about to turn it into flames?
---
One of my colleagues calls in sick every week, I am 100% on board that health comes first - but she makes it obvious she is faking it! For example she did the ‘sick voice’ and whispered she could barely talk and the next day she was singing and screaming like a fool in the office!
I know one of those. A different ailment every week.

Reactions: 7
I've worked with so many men that literally hate their partners. They seem to thrive on going on about how oppressed they are, how they hope they can do 1 small thing for themselves if 'The Mrs' allows. One guy I worked with was only mid-20's, you'd think he was married with a huge mortgage, 5 kids etc. He would say 'The Mrs' (they weren't married) wouldn't allow him to get takeaways, wouldn't allow him to spend his own money, like this kind of sounds like abuse but he seemed to love it and thrive on complaining if that makes sense? Meanwhile the poor 'Mrs' was probs none the wiser of how she was being portrayed 😂
I know someone like that. Always wonder why he does it. Have noticed people giving him dirty looks for it, but he seems oblivious. Surely he must be wondering why people are politely avoiding him! 🤷

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Am I the only person who gets annoyed at people who type so loudly on their keyboard to the point where it sounds like they’re about to turn it into flames?
Oh God I think I'm one of these people. Although I'm only in the office a couple of days a month so hopefully don't annoy too many people 😂🤦‍♀️

Part of my role involves listening to some of our customer calls - on one recent one, it honestly sounded like our staff member dealing with the call was bashing the keyboard with a hammer. How the customer didn't mention it I don't know, I could barely concentrate when listening to it back the noise was so distracting!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
You're not alone. I sat directly opposite a guy for a few years who pounded the keyboard so hard, it sounded like he was actually hitting it with his fists, it nearly drove me insane.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
---

I know one of those. A different ailment every week.
We have one, same one who is always late - constantly has Covid apparently.
---
We have one, same one who is always late - constantly has Covid apparently.
Unfortunately she makes a lot of mistakes as she refuses to follow processes (that we set up for her to make it easier so she didn't miss things) and now that mistakes are getting discovered on an almost daily basis she is saying it is making her ill.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
My manager always leaves the office without saying ‘see you’ or ‘have a nice evening’ when it’s literally just the two of us and me sitting right across from them.

I always greet them when I walk in in the morning because they’re always there before me but they can’t extend the same courtesy to me. Yet when other team members are in the office, they always wish them a nice evening on their way out and completely ignore me when walking past me.

They did it again today and quite frankly, it’s so rude I won’t bother to greet them in the morning anymore. Respect goes both ways.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Manager is extremely jealous of me. She is 20 years my senior (I’m 21). She has all the traits of a covert narcissist. Constantly making digs at me and laughing it off like it’s a joke. Trying to tell me what to do even though I know how to do my job better than her. Plays victim when she is called out on things which I have done numerous times before and then she cries for sympathy.
I worked with one of these... They have deep seated insecurity and will take it out on others (bullying). The one I worked with only targeted young pretty women and not men, cos her insecurity was about aging and looks.

Reactions: 5
crappy supermarket worker update (the orange one)

Store Manager has cameras everywhere
Store manager watches staff in cameras
Store manager timing break
Now
Store manager is bringing in headsets so they can listen to conversations

All I can think is if this was a relationship it would be a huge red flag so why is it acceptable at work? I'm not comfortable being listened to whenever they want and being spied on to make sure I don't go over my break.
My ex boss did this. Didn't take me long to find the blind spot just at the foot of the stairs. In quiet moments I'd sidle off to the blind spot and he'd call from upstairs to ask where I was. I told the staff to tell him I was in reception one moment, then the back of the floor the next. We'd send him in a right tizz as he flicked between cameras shouting that he couldn't see me when I was in the blind spot all along, so much fun 😊. Served him right for spying!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
My ex boss did this. Didn't take me long to find the blind spot just at the foot of the stairs. In quiet moments I'd sidle off to the blind spot and he'd call from upstairs to ask where I was. I told the staff to tell him I was in reception one moment, then the back of the floor the next. We'd send him in a right tizz as he flicked between cameras shouting that he couldn't see me when I was in the blind spot all along, so much fun 😊. Served him right for spying!
It's so weird. Imagine this was a relationship it would be a huge red flag. Why is the work place any different. And the thing is he's new he's been here a month and is doing all this 🙄 dreading going back to work Friday

Reactions: 3
It's so weird. Imagine this was a relationship it would be a huge red flag. Why is the work place any different. And the thing is he's new he's been here a month and is doing all this 🙄 dreading going back to work Friday
Can you speak to HR and say you're uncomfortable with it? X

Reactions: 1
I would profusely scratch my butt. Right in front of the camera. I'd also pull out my wedgie and reach inside my top and adjust my bra. Maybe even sniff my armpits (a "smellfie"). Really give him something to look at.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I would profusely scratch my butt. Right in front of the camera. I'd also pull out my wedgie and reach inside my top and adjust my bra. Maybe even sniff my armpits (a "smellfie"). Really give him something to look at.
I am this kind of petty 😂😂

1. <knock knock>

Hello, what can I do for you today? <smile>

'I saw that you were in <particular spreadsheet> and wondered whether you needed anything'

Well, since your direct report has decided to play dumb and not know anything at all whilst simultaneously knowing for an absolute fact that it's not their responsibility to provide me with the information required for this Statutory return as the data literally doesn't exist, apparently, I figured it would be far less effort on my part to just get the information from source what with my having set up the thing from scratch last time they pretended to forget how to do their literal bleeping job. Why, are they freaking out and complaining that I'm checking up on them/bound to be fiddling with the records?

'Just needed to get a couple of records from it for this return <gestures to screens>. Not making any changes, just viewing the entries'.

'Oh, right. Thanks.'

2. <ping>

Email. 'What's the current position on....?'

Same as it was last week when I explained it to you with simple facts and figures.

'As it was last week, I've done x, y and z and will be doing a, b and c this week.'

'But that means the unreachable target you told me was unreachable and I agreed was unreachable on the basis of being completely unreachable won't be reached. I'm concerned that we (meaning you) aren't being proactive on this with the result that the unreachable target will continue to be unreachable.'

Yes, there's a reason for that. It's literally unreachable and whilst the workplace narrative is that I am somehow imbued with magical powers if I only choose to use them, I am sadly lacking in supernatural ability and cannot magic the outcome you agreed was unachievable through the sheer force of my intellect. I did, as I also told you last week, use the full extent of my earthly abilities to get us in the most favourable position of all our direct competitors, including tact, diplomacy and the calling in of hard-earned favours which, had I not done that, our official position right now would be Fucked Beyond All Recognition. And I also gave you a contact for somebody who could help on a wider level to mitigate some of the effects of the unachievable target being, well, unachievable, which has apparently been agreed and will be very helpful. So all considered, you should probably be thanking me right now.

'I've already dealt with it, the remainder will start coming through this week and together with the external party, we will continue to deal with it'.

'But I'm concerned...could you share the work so it can be looked at?'

Yeah, why not. See if you can get somebody with no knowledge, experience or preexisting working relationships to not duck it up. I mean, you could try looking closer to home for massive bleeping disasters vastly in excess of anything I'm responsible for, but you're running scared of that department. And I am now mightily pissed off with the implication that I am somehow at fault for this.

'Here you go. By the way, is there any progress on the other things that I've requested?' (in order not to cause the current situation to deteriorate, as I've been asked for those multiple times in the last five days and I've been asking/chasing for the last 9 weeks).

'...'

Oh, right, you haven't got around to that bit yet.

Bloody managers. Should be renamed Panickers.

I am this kind of petty 😂😂
Also do what I called a "tampon inventory". See how many I have in my purse. Count them very slowly. Hold them up and inspect them. Pads also work well. For some reason many men get very squeamish around feminine products.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
New colleague needs to get the hint and stop telling other colleagues to go for walks. I'd be pissed off is someone kept telling me.
It’s even better when I do go for a walk: “oh my goddddd this is sooo shocking!!! You never do this!!”

The first week she was there I went out for lunch a fair few times too so I really don’t know where she got this energy from 🙄

• Wow
Wow. This sounds exactly like my manager. It’s crazy.
I worked with one of these... They have deep seated insecurity and will take it out on others (bullying). The one I worked with only targeted young pretty women and not men, cos her insecurity was about aging and looks.

My work has sent out a text saying "please only use the designated sockets to charge your phone" soo I'm guessing some idiots have probably been unplugging things to charge their phones.

A manager in office who I had the misfortune of working for years ago keeps asking me to do a very mundane task for her.
I am in a completely different department now but yet she asks me, I did it and told her that it was last time. She needs to do it herself from now on, no more. She laughed and I stressed it was last time. She needs to find someone else because Im done.
I was very polite and softly spoken when I said it but next time I will say no I dont have time to do her admin and she needs to get someone else.
She thinks Im joking I really am not.
Next time Im going to put a message on company teams and ask if anyone has time to do her admin as Im busy.

Our team PA sort of just hates work.

She always complains when she has any work come in and would much rather sit on her phone. We've had a small set of jobs come in which don't take long and she's constantly whining about how much she has to do. I've done those jobs in previous years and it's really not a huge task, just a case of creating a task on our system and allocating it, but doing this maybe 100 times. Should take a few hours at most and she's spent four days on it because she's constantly scrolling on her socials

I can’t stand it when I’m in the middle of something and people come over and start asking me to help them with something non urgent.

No, please or anything like that or ‘I’ll let you finish what you’re doing but could we catch up after’ just launching straight into a request.
I was a receptionist and I remember once a woman came in for a meeting, she went off to prepare and while I was mid-call she came back and started asking about the internet etc as if I wasn’t on a call, just came out and interrupted me mid sentence and when I gestured that I was listening to someone she just didn’t get it, just kept talking over me, even when I asked the person on the phone to bear with me for a few seconds while I sorted it, she then started straight away when I went back to the call. Most obnoxious person thing I’ve ever had happen at work.