Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate this. If you love pickled egg and tinned mackerel curry then please save your love for home, please don‘t bring this into the office and heat it up for fifteen minutes in the office microwave :sick:
Public sector workplaces are the worst for this. The pay is tit so everyone brings in leftovers and is eating re-heated curry out of tupperware at their desks.

Reactions: 9
Call me when I’m already in a call. Do people not think to check? 😒
That's just reminded me of a time when I'd set up a call with a few people but didn't need one of them at the start, so I said I'd IM him when we were ready for him, to save his time.

When the time came, I messaged him, but instead of just joining the call in the normal way he kept ringing me. I was obviously on the call as well. I ended up inviting him in because he just couldn't get how to join. "The invite is already in your calendar, so you can join like any other meeting" was too hard to understand. 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 4
That's just reminded me of a time when I'd set up a call with a few people but didn't need one of them at the start, so I said I'd IM him when we were ready for him, to save his time.

When the time came, I messaged him, but instead of just joining the call in the normal way he kept ringing me. I was obviously on the call as well. I ended up inviting him in because he just couldn't get how to join. "The invite is already in your calendar, so you can join like any other meeting" was too hard to understand. 😂
How do these people hold down a job?!?

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My rant for the day... people with tit microphones. The vast majority of people on Teams calls are perfectly clear, but there are always one or two people who always sound like a robot or muffled.

When you tell them they just say "oh yeah some people say it's a bit unclear" and I just want to say "well get it sorted then". It can't be their internet quality, as voice calls don't need much bandwidth, they just either need a new headset (which work supplies) or they need to wear one - many just use a crappy inbuilt microphone on their laptop because they don't like to use a headset.

I even wonder if some do it deliberately because then people don't bother to ask them questions unless they really need to because they think it's pointless if they can't hear them very well.

Okay I feel better now. 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
My rant for the day... people with tit microphones. The vast majority of people on Teams calls are perfectly clear, but there are always one or two people who always sound like a robot or muffled.

When you tell them they just say "oh yeah some people say it's a bit unclear" and I just want to say "well get it sorted then". It can't be their internet quality, as voice calls don't need much bandwidth, they just either need a new headset (which work supplies) or they need to wear one - many just use a crappy inbuilt microphone on their laptop because they don't like to use a headset.

I even wonder if some do it deliberately because then people don't bother to ask them questions unless they really need to because they think it's pointless if they can't hear them very well.

Okay I feel better now. 😂
The worst for me is when they don't use headphones or I don't know what happens but I can hear myself when I'm talking to them. Omg make it stop!!!!

Reactions: 5
The worst for me is when they don't use headphones or I don't know what happens but I can hear myself when I'm talking to them. Omg make it stop!!!!
This was so common at the start of Covid when many of us had never had meetings online before. But that was FOUR YEARS AGO. And these muppets STILL don't understand how it works. The scary thing is they're probably eligible to vote.

My manager sending me cryptic ‘Got 5 minutes’ emails with no indication as to what it’s about. Could be something that’s really good news, equally could be the opposite. No idea until you get on the call.

Reactions: 7
"Got 5 mins?"

IT'S NEVER 5 MINS
I remember someone saying to me once - if someone said to you, have you twenty quid to spare, you would think before deciding whether or not to give it to them.

But when someone asks for your time you give it without thinking twice.
Sometimes there's no option to refuse but it did make me think. It's often the same few that ask constantly too.

Reactions: 8
I'm extremely stressed today about a work matter and having an anxiety attack for the first time in ages. Heart beating fast, vomiting, diarrhoea, energy gone. I came home early and had a chat with my partner who reassured me a little, so at least some of the stress is reduced. But still feeling down.

I'd love to give details of the matter but I could risk identifying myself due to its nature

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I'm extremely stressed today about a work matter and having an anxiety attack for the first time in ages. Heart beating fast, vomiting, diarrhoea, energy gone. I came home early and had a chat with my partner who reassured me a little, so at least some of the stress is reduced. But still feeling down.

I'd love to give details of the matter but I could risk identifying myself due to its nature
Hope you feel better soon. It's crap when work gives you stress and anxiety. It can be really draining.

• Heart
My manager sending me cryptic ‘Got 5 minutes’ emails with no indication as to what it’s about. Could be something that’s really good news, equally could be the opposite. No idea until you get on the call.
I hate when that happens! I always think I've somehow unknowingly robbed a bank or something when people keep the meeting a mystery :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 7
It's the worst. Why can't people put 'have you got 5 mins to talk about X'. Just type a few more words and you can avoid giving your staff extra stress!

Reactions: 2
Hope you feel better soon. It's crap when work gives you stress and anxiety. It can be really draining.
Thanks for reaching out. I feel so low today and scared. I feel grateful for my partner who does his best to put my mind at rest

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I actually had to ask an old manager to stop booking random meetings in titled “catch up” because they made me spiral 😬

Reactions: 3