Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Black.bird

VIP Member
I'm meant to be on holidays until the end of January as I have oodles of leave owed.

Today, I awoke to a series of texts asking if I could come in because someone has walked out without giving notice and everyone else is under the pump. Why is this my problem? I'm always the one called on to go in and check if someone's reset the alarm on the weekend (because I live closest to work), and I always pick up the slack when needed. But when we finished up at Christmas, I made it clear that I would not be available until I return to work.

Anyway, I missed the texts by four hours as I was busy last night doing things and didn't get in until 3am. When I read the messages I texted back to say I already have plans and am not available. Bugger them!

• Heart
Reactions: 19

What's your point

VIP Member
The worst colleague I have ever worked with has put in her notice and retires in 8 weeks OH HAPPY DAYS!

She is a work shy bully who has spent years talking down to other members of staff and members of the public. She doesn't do it to me as we are same pay grade but I know the job inside out and she needs help off me because instead of learning her role she has been too busy been the office hag.

I was annoyed because I thought she would retire thinking she was the bees knees but a junior member of staff has made a formal complaint about her conduct and so has a customer (all in the last week) so actually she will be going safe in the knowledge that in actual fact everyone knows she is a massive twat and she hasn't quite got away with it.

I have booked her last week off work, no way I am sitting there pretending I will miss her. I will put in for her leaving collection though (I've said to use my money towards a taxi to make sure she actually leaves) 👋👋 see ya you massive bitch.

• Haha
  • Heart

Lola Ruby

This is such a minor thing, but drives me mad. Me and my team have a shared budget spreadsheet (which I created), all neatly formatted. Nothing annoys me more than when I see someone else has been in the spreadsheet and added stuff all willy nilly in another font, two sizes bigger, things missing, the amount added as just a number and not currency, etc. Takes all of two seconds!

• Sad

JustmeKC

VIP Member
I personally wouldn’t leave a meeting just because it’s 12pm. It’s rude.

My issue is with people who see in your calendar that you’ve already had 4 back to back meetings by 1pm and your afternoon looks just as packed, so they just slide it their meeting during the only free slot you have which should be your lunch break.
But - we don’t need to accept every meeting request.

I’ve had to train myself into that way of thinking and it’s hard; it’s ok to decline a meeting because it doesn’t suit. It’s up to the organiser to find a suitable slot, not the recipient to accept all meetings that come their way. Obviously we need to make exceptions from time to time, but mostly I don’t anymore.

Black.bird

VIP Member
I have had such a strange work week.

A guy who sits a couple of desks away from me is going through a relationship breakup and has been bringing all his issues to work. He's been calling everyone - ex, friends, lawyer - from his desk phone, and because we sit in an open plan office, we can't not hear it. Things came to a head on Thursday, when he threatened her - we all heard him - then followed up the threat by email (sent from his work email address), which resulted in the police paying a visit. I feel extremely uncomfortable working alongside this guy now but thankfully will be at a client site from next week until I finish up in June. I will have to see him when I call into the office at the beginning and end of each day though. I always sensed he was a bit of an oddball but tend to come in, do my job and not get embroiled in the politics. All that happened on Thursday was he was cautioned, and the GM asked him if he'd like to take a few days to sort things out (he declined).

On Friday, one of our clients (the one whose home office I was working from a few weeks ago) skipped the country, owing thousands of dollars in fees. They started off well, paying full amounts due on time; but then when Covid hit they said they needed longer to pay invoices; then they started part-paying invoices until they stopped paying anything at all. Long story short, they owe money everywhere, the house has been cleared out and nobody knows where they've gone (just that they've left the country). For a small business, this is a huge hit.

To top it all off, I was asked to co-interview some candidates for a role. The guy I was working with on this is in his 20s and incredibly immature (after one of the candidates was leaving, he said to her that even if it didn't work out he'd love to take her for a drink [!!]). Anyway, my preferred candidate is fabulous - she has a great CV, impeccable references, is well-known throughout the industry and could do this job sitting backwards in the dark. My colleague has said a firm NO to her - "because if she can't control her weight, it makes you wonder what she's like in her job" (she is normal-sized, not that it should make one iota of difference!). She and one other woman (very attractive, minimal experience) who he favours, are returning next week for second interviews with the GM.

• Wow
  • Angry

Black.bird

VIP Member
The latest 'break the ice' fad is to tell two truths and a lie (with the audience guessing which is what) ... at the last one I went to, one person's lie was, "I'm really excited to be here" :LOL: 🤭

The "team" dinners and get-togethers are awful if you don't want to be there or if you value your personal time, and sure you can say no, but it almost always reflects poorly on you if you don't go. I've gone along for just the first half hour of some which has been more than fine.

• Haha

Kinderbelle

Had my resignation meeting at work to discuss the formalities with my manager. She has seemed fine generally, good enough manager, but had a habit of contradicting herself (promising things and then pretending she had never even mentioned them when the team would ask her getting the arse if people were off sick because it left us extremely short instead of hiring the appropriate level of resource) and it raised a few red flags for me when a colleague of mine left purely because the job wasn't for them and she appeared to take it personally, bragging over dinner about how she ticked the "would not hire again" box on their reference.

Well, she sat with a face like a smacked arse the whole time and I had to literally bite my inner cheek to stop myself from laughing at how utterly ridiculously she behaved. She launched straight in accusing me of "galivanting around" having interviews while I was off sick with stress (not true, I'd been offered the job a while back and it has taken ages to process) and accused me of lying in a prior meeting about being happy in the job - which I was for the most part. Once I'd nipped that in the bud she abruptly moved right into formalities and I was then given the "options" of leaving that day and getting my A/L paid at month end or leaving at month end but being onA/L until then. No opportunity to handover to my lovely direct colleagues, no being able to say goodbye to them and the wider team, no "congratulations, what's the new job?". When I then said I am sad to be leaving (which I am, but only because I did like the job and my direct colleagues are lovely) she snapped "well you just do what's best for you and the company will do what's best for it....like the company had any choice 🙃

Cannot wait for my exit interview with HR because I won't be holding back. All she had to do was be fucking nice.

• Wow
Reactions: 18

DA Stella

Chatty Member
When someone slams me on an email and copies multiple people, but when I provide evidence I did it correctly and complete a task for that person she only sends the "thank you" email to me. So, insult me in front of everyone but thank me privately. 🙄

• Haha

Pesky Tarian

VIP Member
Again...Colleagues coming in when they are obviously ill. Lady came in today with quite literally the worst cough I have ever heard (our employers are quite easy you can wfh freely) but no we were all wearing Christmas jumpers today and she 'wanted everyone to see her jumper'. Thanks for that pleasure we all now get a hacking cough for Xmas day 👎🎄.

• Sad
  • Angry

Black.bird

VIP Member
It's just after 11pm where I am and someone has texted to say they're feeling poorly so would I mind doing their 9am client presentation tomorrow ... which isn't actually ready, but if I just use the one prepared for ___, and change whatever I think is necessary, that'd be great thanks!

I texted back to say no, I'm not comfortable doing it sorry ... ask someone who's been there for longer than a week and isn't a temporary staff member! ... sheesh; the cheek of it.

• Wow

AFlyOnYourWall

VIP Member
There’s this one dirty bastard that I work with and he farts ALL. THE. TIME. He doesn’t even attempt to be discreet about it, or move away from people before he lets rip. It’s absolutely vile, and it smells like an animal carcass that’s been decomposing for a week in the sun. It makes me sick to my stomach knowing me and my work colleagues are breathing in his shit particles. I actually think he‘a some sort of unhinged sexual predator that gets off knowing that we are all inhaling gas that he’s released from his anus. And the worst of it is, he doesn’t even excuse himself or apologise!

• Sick

JustmeKC

VIP Member
My out of office is on. I’ve told everyone I’m off til Wednesday. Yet people sent me emails on Friday (when I was also off) with stuff to do Monday. Now, in my company you get a preview of the out of office so you can see when someone if off if you bother to look. And all our calendars are public, so you can go get fucked lads.

Shoequeen91

VIP Member
Name dropping me as the person to go to in the team as I have the strongest skill set and asking me to train the new starters, one of which is actually paid more than me. I’ve ignored her today, I’m not there to help better someone else. I don’t give a shit if it’s selfish or sounds horrible, if I am someone’s junior in terms of scale and pay then they should know what they’re doing and if not then bollocks to them they can learn like I had to. It’s a piss take and I’m not here to play about when I have the ability to work up the scale myself, someone else can deal with it.

Livia Fantasy

VIP Member
Work WhatsApp groups. No thanks. If I'm at work, I'm at work and available at my desk/phone/email.

If I'm not at work, then I'm not being paid to think about work. Go away :ROFLMAO:

• Heart

DA Stella

Chatty Member
People who click "reply all" when the email chain stopped being relevant to 90% of the recipients ten emails ago.

Also people who misspell my name when it's literally RIGHT THERE in my email signature.

Reactions: 17

earlgrey

VIP Member
Worked my ass off on a piece of work for the CEO over the last two weeks, now it’s done the CEO has mistakenly credited my manager for the work twice, in a company wide presentation and email shout out. I did it all very much solo. Feels petty to correct a little shout out but also feels very shit to grind on a piece of work for someone who doesn’t even realise you did it and probably doesn’t even know your name.
A good update, the piece of work is up for an industry award and the credit is all mine!

• Heart

jawidjanqndn

VIP Member
I have one colleague and she genuinely eats for a family of 8. She will sit there eating all day, 2 breakfasts, share bags of crisps, entire pack of biscuits, sweets, chocolates, pastries you name it! I have honestly never seen someone eat so fucking much it drives me up the wall hearing her open yet another big share pack of tangfastics before 10am.

and then she makes fat jokes all day to the point where it is genuinely so irritating. God forbid someone looks good in the office before she makes a comment about how fat she is and doesn’t understand why people make the effort for work. Like please 😫😫😫 just eat in peace.

she’s just one of those people who love to be the centre of attention as the class clown at all times. She has made it very clear she doesn’t like young people (me sitting next to her in my early 20’s), forever going on about her dads money and how she gets funded by him for everything, literally the entire office knows she’s getting her nans house once she’s dead?! Also extremely crude to the point where it’s not even funny, we sit across from hr in the office and she was shouting about letting a man shag her in the back door and listening men that she would let ‘pin her down and choke her’ 🤣🤣🤣🤦🏼‍♀️ so bloody embarrassing

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad

User_name_100

Our work WhatsApp has lots of people in who have left the firm but not the WhatsApp so we're all terrified to use it in case we reveal trade secrets but everyone is to polite to remove the leavers 😂
When I left my last job, the manager (who I had a feeling didn't like me at all) removed me from the WhatsApp group the second I finished my last day. I finished at 5pm and by 5.01pm I had been removed. He was one of the pettiest people I had ever met... 🤣
---

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow