Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ugh.
One place I worked, a lady went to get her lunch from the fridge one day, an M&S salad (not that it matters what it was but anyway) and someone had taken it.

You have to wonder at the thought process. Opening a communal fridge and just helping yourself to whatever takes your fancy. It's stealing, plain and simple.

I wonder if she had walked into the small coffee area where the fridge was, as they were tucking in, would they have pretended to think it was theirs. 🙄
I think we maybe worked in the same place because someone had their salad stolen too :( We worked round the corner from M&S too so it isn't even like the person would have had far to go to get their own. Everyday I would have to carry a bag into work with all my cutlery, bowls, food etc just because I knew it wouldn't be safe in work. I couldn't imagine going into a fridge and taking someones food :sick:

Reactions: 7
The flip side to this is having a boss who tries to dissuade you from taking leave. They will approve a day here & there but trying to get a week off is painful!
Oh yeah that's not on. Some managers want a lot of notice for annual leave. Luckily I'm a bit of a routine person, so I tend to take similar weeks off each year, hence I get my requests in months in advance so no manager can really decline them.

Sometimes they've got a bit funny when the time has got closer and they've forgotten they've approved the holiday. I've only had one manager who tried to get me to change my annual leave months after he approved it - you can imagine my reply. :D
---
This is why I take a big backpack in every day and have to lug things back home. If you leave stuff on your desk it goes missing. For example, at my place if you left a multipack of chocolate bars on your desk to get you through the the month, if left partially open people would take one! It's not on the communal "cake" shelf that we have near the printer. Same if you bring your own stationery like memo blocks, they get depleted. I don't understand people taking stuff from peoples desks or drawers. We do have draws but we don't have locks. My colleague opposite me was on leave for 3 weeks recently, and has a bag of sugar in his drawer, for adding to his coffee. The amount of people I saw going in, taking the sugar bag with them to the kitchen and then coming back with it, while he was off! Just because he let you have sugar once when you forgot yours doesn't mean you can use it daily when he's not there . Buy your own!

I don't leave my cup at work any more after a chain smoker took mine and was using it. It had my initial on it, it's not like it was a communal plain one from the kitchen 😂🙃Now I just take a coffee flask tumbler thing and take it home to wash.

It might sound petty to some but I don't like people touching/taking my stuff.
---

My IT department is like this sometimes, they act like they are the gods and we are the plebs ... However they majorly messed up a systems upgrade the other week and left the whole organisation with intermittent internet outage issues for days 🫣 muahahahaha
---

Bet she took all her leave days without question, though!
I don't think that's petty at all, I completely agree! I don't like people using my things, especially mugs. I take in my own mugs/flask tumbler each time I go to the office.

Can't believe how cheeky some people are. Even our communal cake/snack area is only for people on our team - but it's surprising the amount of people who work on totally different floors who walk past and take one of the snacks!

Reactions: 4
Someone I work with got fired for taking someone else's lunch. There are cameras EVERYWHERE so there was no denying. Someone else got fired for posting a vague threat on Facebook to the person who stole her lunch. I think the exact words were "R.I.P. to the associate who stole my lunch" and the company fired her for making threats. Of course they had been wanting to fire her anyway. She had taken and posted selfies from inside the building previously which is a big no no, so she was already on probation. Someone started a petition for the company to reinstate her which went nowhere, of course. (I never know why people think petitions will work.)
My boss's nephew stole my lunch a few times. I had even taped a note on top of the container with my name and DO NOT EAT in huge letters. I found the note in the fridge but the container of food was gone. When I confronted him he claimed he didn't know it was mine. I said "You had to remove the note in order to open the container!" And he said he didn't remembering doing that. Uh huh...My boss made him buy me a new lunch lol.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I work at a GP surgery. One nurse in particular is so lazy and will do anything to get out of seeing her patients. She usually leaves patients sat there for ages while she’s sat on her phone in the hope that they’ll get up and leave out of frustration. She also is meant to order in injections from the pharmacy but she doesn’t do it on purpose so she then has to cancel her patients that were due in for injections. That said, she doesn’t cancel them, she gets the admin team to do it so they get shouted at instead.

We also have a doctor who refuses to park in the doctors space, as she says every time she parks there, someone scratches her car. So she parks in another space, but then when she has to go on home visits she has to get 3 of us to move our cars.

We also hire out one of our spare rooms to a talking therapies bloke, he comes in once a fortnight and cycles in. He traipses mud through the entire building.

Really bloody annoying
Omg, why is she a nurse if she doesn't want to see anyone?! 😮

Reactions: 6
Someone I work with got fired for taking someone else's lunch. There are cameras EVERYWHERE so there was no denying. Someone else got fired for posting a vague threat on Facebook to the person who stole her lunch. I think the exact words were "R.I.P. to the associate who stole my lunch" and the company fired her for making threats. Of course they had been wanting to fire her anyway. She had taken and posted selfies from inside the building previously which is a big no no, so she was already on probation. Someone started a petition for the company to reinstate her which went nowhere, of course. (I never know why people think petitions will work.)
My boss's nephew stole my lunch a few times. I had even taped a note on top of the container with my name and DO NOT EAT in huge letters. I found the note in the fridge but the container of food was gone. When I confronted him he claimed he didn't know it was mine. I said "You had to remove the note in order to open the container!" And he said he didn't remembering doing that. Uh huh...My boss made him buy me a new lunch lol.
This and previous posts including my own reminded me of Ross...

D7BDA106-474E-4348-A619-B055E7A075AD.jpeg

• Haha
Name dropping me as the person to go to in the team as I have the strongest skill set and asking me to train the new starters, one of which is actually paid more than me. I’ve ignored her today, I’m not there to help better someone else. I don’t give a tit if it’s selfish or sounds horrible, if I am someone’s junior in terms of scale and pay then they should know what they’re doing and if not then bollocks to them they can learn like I had to. It’s a piss take and I’m not here to play about when I have the ability to work up the scale myself, someone else can deal with it.

Reactions: 18
My manager took me aside today to mention someone had shared a social media post of mine where I was complaining that we’re currently sharing desks. I know exactly who it is as I’m only followed by one current colleague!

• Wow
Reactions: 11
One job that I had (when you get to a certain age and get made redundant, all you get after that is a series of two year contracts) I was told that I must not post the name of the company I worked for or any comments that might identify it. Or else!

Reactions: 1
My manager took me aside today to mention someone had shared a social media post of mine where I was complaining that we’re currently sharing desks. I know exactly who it is as I’m only followed by one current colleague!
I have a friend whose mother-in-law likes to stir the pot on a regular basis. My friend was telling her one time about a radio personality who boasts about everything on social media, saying she found it very tone deaf a lot of the time ... her mother-in-law contacted the person to tell them that she'd said this! (The person would have no idea who my friend is; it was just the mother-in-law trying to get one up on my friend).

People are sneaky!

• Haha
We have a full complement of staff for the first time in ages. Everyone knows their job, and everyone knows enough to cover somebody else’s if they’re off.
It should make things so much easier for all of us. And did last week when the boss was off.
They’re back this week and tinkering with everything so we all do bits and pieces of each other’s jobs and end up really pushed to get everything done. Difficult to explain but it causes confusion and allows others to slack because they can hide behind the ones who actually work.
I felt so irritated by the time I left yesterday 😡

Reactions: 3
Talking about people stealing food…we had pancake day this morning at the office canteen. Obviously, the pancakes weren’t for free. Common sense.

I got to the canteen and saw a former colleague from a previous company who basically used me to get a role in my current company and ditched me the moment she got her role. She was in line, took the pancakes and left without paying for them!!! The queue to pay was on the other side of the canteen, but it was clear they weren’t free.

Right then and there it confirmed my thoughts that I had all along since meeting her - she’s an opportunist. She didn’t even have the decency to ask if they were for free and just walked away with them. I was shocked but not surprised.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Person who is annoying me at work… my ‘on paper’ boss. I work for one person only, he is not my boss though. The officious team leader is my boss, and I can’t think of a worse person to be a manager of people, she’s officious and petty and seems to dislike everyone. I came back to this job for a year as a favour to the person I work for (I worked for him for 8 years several years ago, we’ve kept in touch). Person I work for doesn’t give a monkeys if I work from home, nor if I need to shift my hours on a particular day. However, boss on paper expects me to be in the office 3 days a week, and is rigid about hours (every other department treats staff as grown up and doesn’t care as long as work gets done. She even expects me in when person I work for is quite literally in another country. I get the strong impression she hates her job/life, but she’s so unapproachable and terse i have no interest in showing any concern. The office is so depressing and the atmosphere is terrible. I get very little done whereas at home I can cuddle my cats and get superhuman amounts done! I only have to stick it out to the end of the year, but the urge to tell her to get stuffed is strong!

Reactions: 3
Name dropping me as the person to go to in the team as I have the strongest skill set and asking me to train the new starters, one of which is actually paid more than me. I’ve ignored her today, I’m not there to help better someone else. I don’t give a tit if it’s selfish or sounds horrible, if I am someone’s junior in terms of scale and pay then they should know what they’re doing and if not then bollocks to them they can learn like I had to. It’s a piss take and I’m not here to play about when I have the ability to work up the scale myself, someone else can deal with it.
Saw something similar happen to a former colleague. She was unsuccessful in an interview for a job that she had basically being doing anyway. And doing it very well, really good image for the company, built up great contacts, and so forth. Job was advertised with a nice fancy title and a very good salary.

The guy who got the job ended up asking her questions constantly and to be fair, she did help him out, at first.
She mentioned this one day to some of us and after hearing the views of others, I think she probably pulled back on supporting him quite as much.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Saw something similar happen to a former colleague. She was unsuccessful in an interview for a job that she had basically being doing anyway. And doing it very well, really good image for the company, built up great contacts, and so forth. Job was advertised with a nice fancy title and a very good salary.

The guy who got the job ended up asking her questions constantly and to be fair, she did help him out, at first.
She mentioned this one day to some of us and after hearing the views of others, I think she probably pulled back on supporting him quite as much.
This happened to me, too. Was doing the job 6 months and then a guy comes in even though I know my interview was top notch and had been in the company a long time. He dazzled them and got the job. Was a big disappointment for me on so many levels. I left about a year later.

Reactions: 5
Annoys me how some people seem to be incapable of thinking for themselves at work. Like just think? They're all meant to be smart people in good, well paid jobs, why is everyone acting like they're actual morons, how do they cope in life.

Reactions: 12
We have a group chat on Teams where people can ask questions about emails etc and it’s driving me frigging mad. We all work a hybrid so I get that there isn’t someone in the office who can help. Not only are people not even thinking or trying to find out before sending a message they then spam the chat until someone answers it. Most have been in post for 5+ years and no one ever searches the key words as often it’s been answered beforehand.

She tried it again yesterday and I palmed her off to someone else. I didn’t go for the job as it wasn’t permanent but if it’s made permanent best believe I’m throwing a spanner in the works and going for it. It doesn’t sound like the nicest job in all honestly as it’s related to a particular set of contracts in my organisation which could cease to exist but I’m not making it easy for her. I’m leant on too much as it is to the point where I’ll be raising it with the head of team when she’s back from leave next week. Everyone else seems v.much protected and just because I have the knowledge and the skill set and it appears the ability to juggle a duck ton of stuff, everyone comes to me.

It’s always “go to *insert my real name here* as she knows”…. How about duck off?! There are several others in the team who know as well but are there sitting pretty and quiet. Not anymore.

Also, another thing that pissing me off are the comments on leave. I’ve booked the last two days off March off, and I’ve had them booked off for at least two months. A comment was passed the other day by the Head of team saying “so many people are off the last week of March, I think you are off (nodded to me) and you are off (nodded to my manager and her deputy) and I’m off and I’m sure someone else is off. That needs sorting. I’m okay to move my dates.”

I just stared at her. I’m not changing. I’ve had it booked off the longest and if she isn’t bothered, she can move her bleeping dates. Simples. Time for someone else to step up.

Reactions: 8
OMG.

We have these personal introductions for new joiners & some guy added selfies of himself with his bare torso showing off his abs. I can’t 😂

We work in a corporate environment. People need to keep it PG!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
OMG.

We have these personal introductions for new joiners & some guy added selfies of himself with his bare torso showing off his abs. I can’t 😂

We work in a corporate environment. People need to keep it PG!
Was he hot at least?? 🤣

I sometimes despair at the pics some people at my work put as their outlook/teams photo. It's not bloody Instagram

Reactions: 4
Was he hot at least?? 🤣

I sometimes despair at the pics some people at my work put as their outlook/teams photo. It's not bloody Instagram
One of my colleagues has put a cartoon avatar as theirs 😬 it's not professional.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.