Annoying things your work colleagues do all the time? #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Rudeness.

I sent an email to some stakeholder for the first time, based on data provided by someone else (all I had to do was V-lookups). Then, they reverted back saying: "All, this does not make sense". In all fairness to them, I intuitively knew the data did not make sense, but since it's not my data and the subject does not fall within my remit, I can't really argue that the data is incorrect if the responsible team says it's correct. However, even though I agree it does not make sense, there's ways to politely say it!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
F me, where do I start?! .. 'know it alls', love to disagree for the sake of it, love the limelight & taking credit, love to offer up a resolution - which results in everyone else getting more bloody work!, passive aggressive behaviour .. the list is endless.

Reactions: 6
Constantly asking you if your enjoying your lunch and asking how come you didnt make it and bring it in!
F--k off with your rotten soggy sambo and stop 👁 balling my food ya mizo!!!
Go put your saved weekly £20 in your shishy post office account 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Constantly asking you if your enjoying your lunch and asking how come you didnt make it and bring it in!
Yes I hate this! I generally bring lunch in but I still have a colleague complain about what I’m eating…. Yoghurt not healthy enough etc. F.. off!

Reactions: 1
Comments on my lunch are a huge pet peeve! Buzz off Sandra, concentrate on your floppy salad!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I have to admit I find a lot of what workplaces do around MH support to be poor. I really struggle with the ‘wellbeing‘ approach which seems to just push everything back on to the individual - struggling to cope? Well, YOU need to be more resilient, go on a course. Got too heavy a workload? Do some self-care, when did YOU last got for walk or take a bubble bath? I get that there’s a place for this but I think sometimes that putting everything on individuals gets companies off the hook a bit in terms of looking at workloads, employment issues and general workplace behaviours that cause so much stress. Me taking a bubble bath won’t reduce my workload when we’re understaffed, and it won’t stop someone bullying me if those behaviours are tolerated right through the organisation. All it does is make me feel worse because it suggests I’m not doing enough to solve issues that aren’t things I can control. ‘Wellbeing’ has become such a buzzword over the pandemic but it’s a really surface-level way of supporting staff whose MH is suffering.
You. Can’t. Forget. Lunch time. Yoga

I think in work place, sometimes the people who climbed up the rank are mostly people who knows how to speak. Commonly seen among middle class employees, they just know how to BS and really fake it until you make it. I been in meetings where people know jackshit about the topic managed to convince people that they know it all.

Also, people who cleverly know how to use buzzwords. At work, we had to analyse why our sales performance doesn’t align with our forcecast. Everyone would need to submit a short answer via email.
This lady called the piece of work ‘Gap Analysis’. I mean, is not wrong, but I worked in this field for more than 5 years, no one uses buzzword like her. I find it cringe

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
You. Can’t. Forget. Lunch time. Yoga

I think in work place, sometimes the people who climbed up the rank are mostly people who knows how to speak. Commonly seen among middle class employees, they just know how to BS and really fake it until you make it. I been in meetings where people know jackshit about the topic managed to convince people that they know it all.

Also, people who cleverly know how to use buzzwords. At work, we had to analyse why our sales performance doesn’t align with our forcecast. Everyone would need to submit a short answer via email.
This lady called the piece of work ‘Gap Analysis’. I mean, is not wrong, but I worked in this field for more than 5 years, no one uses buzzword like her. I find it cringe
Oh my goodness, the lunchtime yoga brings back memories ... suits trying to be all spiritual (and failing miserably).

I think a lot of people fake it 'til they make it.

When you want to speak to the manager and they've already been "away" for an hour and it's only 10:36am :rolleyes: (still WFH)

• Haha
  • Angry
When you want to speak to the manager and they've already been "away" for an hour and it's only 10:36am :rolleyes: (still WFH)
I think if I time block my diary, my Team status stays red. I need to double check tomorrow xx

At work, someone called meeting as Blitz meeting. I had to google what is it..is just another meeting…

Reactions: 2
When you tell someone you need XYZ document for compliance purposes before proceeding with something, then they go and ask someone else who then loops you into the conversation and ask you to assist. Ridiculous. By the way, my answer is still going to remain the same and you're wasting my time.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
People who think they are too important to return a "How are you" after you politely asked how they are at the beginning of call. I understand if we speak 3 times a day it's obviously not appropriate, but if I speak to you once a week/month and you're part of my team, it's downright rude. Manners are clearly dead. You're never too important to be polite to someone.

Reactions: 8
When you cc' your manager on an email because they gave you an exceptional approval on the topic at stake, then they somehow remain in cc in several other emails and the stakeholder you're dealing with sends you a question regarding something else. The manager suddenly jumps in with unsolicited advice and sends you an email to you only to tell you: "I suggest you set up a call with them". LOL.

Did I ask for your help though? Did I ask for your help? No, let me do my job. I've been here a year and a half, have years of experience in much more stressful environments, so I don't need your advice. If I needed your help, I'd be asking for it. In the meantime, mind your own business. I've dealt fine with two projects on my own when you were on a 6 months leave, I'm fine buddy.

I can't deal with new managers when I know 100% I'm more competent than they are because I simply have more experience.

• Haha
When you cc' your manager on an email because they gave you an exceptional approval on the topic at stake, then they somehow remain in cc in several other emails and the stakeholder you're dealing with sends you a question regarding something else. The manager suddenly jumps in with unsolicited advice and sends you an email to you only to tell you: "I suggest you set up a call with them". LOL.

Did I ask for your help though? Did I ask for your help? No, let me do my job. I've been here a year and a half, have years of experience in much more stressful environments, so I don't need your advice. If I needed your help, I'd be asking for it. In the meantime, mind your own business. I've dealt fine with two projects on my own when you were on a 6 months leave, I'm fine buddy.

I can't deal with new managers when I know 100% I'm more competent than they are because I simply have more experience.
Maybe apply for a managerial role?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The woman who sits next to me at work keeps trying to be my best friend. We have nothing in common, don’t even work together I have just ended up next to her. Every food I mention, she suggests her cooking it for me at her house. If she overhears I’m free one evening she’s inviting me round. It’s got to the point that I’m inventing fake plans every day of the week and I can’t keep up with my own lies anymore.
I know I should tell her to back off but she’s the sort of person to complain to HR about everyone and cries at the smallest things and I just can’t bring myself to put us through that 🙈

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
People ringing you 30 seconds after sending an email to talk you through it (and hoping you'll action it over the phone i.e. jump the queue).
Same people leaving a voicemail transcript of the email they have just sent 30 seconds ago, when you don't answer the phonecall, and then you see them typing away on MSTeams chat to tell you they have left an email and voice mail 🙄 It happens all the time with one particular guy.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
People who think they are too important to return a "How are you" after you politely asked how they are at the beginning of call. I understand if we speak 3 times a day it's obviously not appropriate, but if I speak to you once a week/month and you're part of my team, it's downright rude. Manners are clearly dead. You're never too important to be polite to someone.
one of my colleagues that doesn’t like me just glares at me when I say hello hahah

• Sad
  • Haha
I work in a pretty small, niche industry and the particular team I work in is just me and my boss.

My boss is actually a nice person and I do like him. But he is the most disorganised person ever. He never knows his deadlines or when things have to be submitted. He relies on me to remind him when things have to be done for. I am a trainee and it’s really not my responsibility to make sure things that are going out in his name, actually go out. I can prepare things for him to check and they literally sit in his inbox for months before he gets round to looking at them. Then when he asks me about them and why I’ve done it a certain way, I can’t remember because I did it 2 months ago!!
I am also super quiet at work and have been for the last couple of months, even though I ask for more work weekly. I was basically given busy work on Friday, where I had to phone random people in the company that I’ve never met before and ask their opinion on something. They were all very nice but also a bit like, this is very random.
This is also a bit annoying becuase i was told I would get a pay rise in October if I met my targets. I can only meet my targets if my boss gives me work, which he is not doing. So can’t see myself getting a pay rise any time soon.
The most annoying thing though is being asked to do something the day before (sometimes closer to) the deadline. Especially when I’m so quiet with work, why not give me this to do weeks ago, since it has been on your desk for months!
It drives me up the wall because in my interview, I was asked what my biggest pet peeve at work is, and it is this! So he knew I hated working like this. I actually like to do a good job on the tasks I’m given and I can’t do that if I’m given half a day to do something that usually takes 4 times as long.

That feels good to get off my chest!

Reactions: 3
People who try to make out they are doing three times more work, when in reality they are doing little to nothing in comparison with the rest of us. I have a colleague like this, the type who just loves to shout from the rooftops how busy and in demand they are, assisting everywhere, yet every single day doesn't seem to get half of what the rest of us achieve, with there being little evidence of what's keeping them occupied. But of course the manager lauds them solely, despite them seemingly permanently failing to complete work.

Also managers who never seem to want to action anything and just leave everything for you. I will make a point of only asking my manager for a resolution to something when I've exhausted every other avenue, yet they always seem to deflect everything back, because they seemingly don't want to deal with it.

Promised pay rises that never come yet they can afford to take us to dinner, drinks and stay at a fancy hotel. Don't give a duck about away days.

If I don't get my money I'm out. Byeee✌🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 12
People who try to make out they are doing three times more work, when in reality they are doing little to nothing in comparison with the rest of us. I have a colleague like this, the type who just loves to shout from the rooftops how busy and in demand they are, assisting everywhere, yet every single day doesn't seem to get half of what the rest of us achieve, with there being little evidence of what's keeping them occupied. But of course the manager lauds them solely, despite them seemingly permanently failing to complete work.
I work with so many of these people! My team is quite fragmented working across loads of wee projects so not everyone knows what everyone else is doing, so people can get away with it. And because so many people do this "I'm soooo busy" thing to dodge work, the ones who don't do that get lumped with all the ad hoc work that comes in. Which just leads to everyone having to be "busy" because if you aren't busy you're about to get handed a week-long urgent project to do and duck up all your other deadlines!

I also can't stand the people who act like they're totally swamped and drowning in work almost like a brag about how hard they're working, but really they're just going around sucking up to take minutes for managers' meetings and doing dogsbody work for anyone above them to look good. Do your own bleeping work first!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.