Annoying Corporate Jargon

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's even worse when it's a 'brown bag lunch meeting' - usually meaning you bring your own packed lunch. Cheap skates.
The only brown bag I can relate to is free school meals when I was in primary school. On a day trip out we all knew who the ' brown paper kids ' were .. looking back it wasnt the best of situations where you stood out because you're a from a single parent family on benefit..

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
A 'working lunch' which just means you work but eat your lunch at the same time. No thanks!

I work in a male dominated industry and often get copied into emails that start with “afternoon gents”. 🖕🏼

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
Yeah that's just normal polite things to say in an email 😅 better than just signing with your name and nothing else. Or people who don't say "Hi" first thing in an email, just your name ugh
So glad I’m not the only one confused here! If those are jargon, I have no ways of signing an email 😂😂

Yes, people who start an email with the name and no hello/hi/good afternoon etc. get right on my tits.

Reactions: 4
I work in a male dominated industry and often get copied into emails that start with “afternoon gents”. 🖕🏼
I worked with someone once who would send emails starting with ‘Hi men’.

Hi men?! Pardon?! He had copied me (a woman) into it as well. I really wanted to make a Hymen reference back to him but I would have got into trouble as he was one of those very very sensitive employees who would complain at the slightest thing. Hi men. Ffs.

• Haha
Same! I also have a unisex name so a lot of sales people trying to sell me tit refer to me as ‘Mr’. Nope, sorry. If you’ve had the time to find out that I’m the point of contact, you have time to find out what gender I am 😂 usually I respond with ‘sorry, he doesn’t work here.’ 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
It was recommended to do a deep dive into something earlier 🥴 BRB

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’ve just started a new role in IT and they adopt the Agile methodology and wow it comes with a whole universe or terms and made up job titles.

you might already be familiar with these but basically

Developer Team = Squad
Wider Team = Scrum
Daily meetings = Daily Stand Up
Person who manages the team = Scrum Master

my brain = 😫

I’ve just started a new role in IT and they adopt the Agile methodology and wow it comes with a whole universe or terms and made up job titles.

Developer Team = Squad
Wider Team = Scrum

my brain = 😫
I work in IT and the phrases are a tit show aren’t they.
They call our daily meetings a ‘huddle’

• Sick

Developer Team = Squad
Wider Team = Scrum

my brain = 😫
You’re lucky they don’t use town hall 🙄

Went to an interview recently, the guy used the word critical ‘the work we do here is critical to the success of our customer’😖
Hmm sorry, you aren’t saving life...

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I worked with someone once who would send emails starting with ‘Hi men’.

Hi men?! Pardon?! He had copied me (a woman) into it as well. I really wanted to make a Hymen reference back to him but I would have got into trouble as he was one of those very very sensitive employees who would complain at the slightest thing. Hi men. Ffs.
We (me and 2 female colleagues) often get emails from another, male, colleague that starts 'Ladies..'. One time my colleague replied back and put 'Man..' at the start of her reply. And another time another male colleague came into our part of the office and said 'afternoon ladies' and the same woman again replied 'afternoon man'. She's my hero!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Breakfast meeting - read ‘You are not important to fit into my 9-5 diary’

Reactions: 3
Breakfast meeting - read ‘You are not important to fit into my 9-5 diary’
Breakfast meetings are as old as the hills. It makes them sound very important. They probably have a clear diary for the whole day. 🤣

I am so glad I no longer work in the corporate world. It was bad enough having to tolerate middle management back in the 80’s, all the little chocolate-starfish gazers, hoping to climb the corporate ladder, whilst simultaneously shitting on everyone below.

I am afraid I spoke my mind with some of them. I don’t tolerate being treated like tit by brown-nosed middle management.

It would appear that nothing has changed. They are still out there hiding behind their silly corporate phrases, hoping nobody will be intelligent enough to see through their bullshit. 🙄🤣