Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sticks&Stones

It was all rather far-fetched, inevitably, and became more like background noise to me as I eventually began to lose interest, but what particularly got me about the last episode was Olivier and Theo sitting on what would presumably be a busy train taking as openly as they were, particularly when you take into account they'd only just meant.

Her abducting the children didn't add up either; when he took them back after everything he'd already orchestrated to win custody, surely he would have gotten police involvement?

Reactions: 7

Ooops26

I was convinced after the carpark part that Ed was definitely in her head, but now I am back to thinking that it’s all an elaborate ploy by the husband to make it look as though Ed is in her mind, therefore unstable, to get custody of the kids. Wish it was all available to watch now, I am too impatient for this week by week malarkey

Rosie glow

VIP Member
Think this had the potential to be so much better I'm kinda bored with it now but will see it through just to see what happens. Can't help but think it could of been condensed in to 3 or 4 episodes max feels a bit stretched to me.

Bestie_10

It was a bit rushed at the end but I liked how she double-crossed Theo right at the end with the gang member he helped put in prison.

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
Well I suppose if most of us on here are still a bit baffled, it's a pretty decent production.
Is Angela mad or being manipulated by husband into thinking she is?
I think there are a few red herrings, still it is very watchable.

1001 others

VIP Member
I like the idea of Ed being in her mind and not real…I was going down the route of thinking he was being paid by the husband to make her think he had taken a hit out on her and was instructed by him to feed her all the information to make her paranoid, therefore driving her to actually act erratically and unstable so he can use it against her to gain custody of the kids, the mixture of physical and mental abuse. I was wondering if Yuki isn’t really missing but they are playing the long game to be together with his boys.
LOVE it!! (y)

Just a suggestion ... if writing screenplays isn't your day job then perhaps it should be! I'd watch!!!

-------------------

I hope he isn't a figment of her imagination ... how would she have known to look in the briefcase, and who would she be talking to via the mobile phone, if that's the case? I've invested far too much time in this for it to be a big pile of nothing.

Reactions: 6

Leo100

VIP Member
I gave up after episode 3 I think it was , came here to find out what happened but glad I don't seem to have missed anything

• Haha

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
I am no further forward in my thinking about this after episode 2, tbh.
That was a bit of an empty 50 odd minutes, the only revelation... a photo & letter in his briefcase.
Will stick with it though

Sticks&Stones

I think, as somebody mentioned on here earlier, Angela Black is probably her maiden name and the reference of the mental health facility Edgewater indicates she has presumably spent time there before marriage.

I think Ed is working with hubby as well and I had suspected that they are trying to get her to attempt to murder hubby, before he gets to her, so hubby can gain sole custody of the children and likely have her returned to the mental health facility.

Wifo1976

VIP Member
I struggled through this one. Thought it started really promisingly and then escalated into shit. I struggle a bit with Joanne Froggatt too, think she always plays the same character
I think this too! They need to give her a happy role, poor girl always looks so miserable!

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
What was the thought process behind the dog situation? I didn't get why she did it
I think they did this to show she is a bit naive and didn't know how vicious and unpredictable dogs can be; same goes for her her husband. She is underestimating him too and doesn't believe he'd take a hit out on her. Her trust is misplaced. They also show her good nature in trying to help the dog but ultimately her actions led to the dog being put to sleep.

I thought this was just OK. I'm hoping that it goes onto be unpredictable with lots of twists, but I fear it might be just another run-of-the-mill drama that feels like a waste of time in the end.

It was ok, I think id have preferred if they were a lower income family. I know that's a bit weird but I think I'd relate more I dunno.
I guess they need lots of cash to hire private detectives and hitmen and whatever else they get up to in these things!

Poptartxo

Really boring ending! Glad that everything worked out for Angela and her abusive husband was put away, but really could have been made more exciting!

Reactions: 5

Bobby Chariot

VIP Member
6 episodes that could have been done in 3 or 4 at a faster pace.
Obviously the subject matter of domestic violence is serious & Olivier got his comeuppance, but if there's another series I am out.

CandyPink99

I feel I’m the only person totally loving it. I think I’m just so intrigued to see what will happen with the husband etc.
Weird how the missing mistress hasn’t really been mentioned again, obviously the husband paid Ed to lie to her etc but what was the point in bringing all that up and making out that she had been buried in the woods If she hadn’t. its weird Angela did not mention to the police anything about it because at the time of being arrested she genuinely believed Ed and what he told her was real.
I’m starting to think maybe Ed was genuinely trying to help her but the husband found out and made threats/offered more money.

1001 others

VIP Member
I'm enjoying it!

The investigator man ... is he for real or is he gaslighting her? Guess we'll find out, but he seems too, well ... helpful. Surely someone who does the sort of work he does would be loyal to his client only?

It has Dr Foster vibes for me.

I'm not a fan of dragging out the series like this - one episode a week? Come on ...!

Not sure what I think about it yet!
Is this a weekly watch or will full series be up on hub later?
I think it's weekly? It's being fast-tracked here in NZ (TVNZ On Demand are airing it, and when there's a series they normally put all the episodes up ... so far, there's just one).

It's intriguing for sure.
Something doesn't seem right with the private investigator fellow.
I think the lady who had the 2 boys for sleepover will have asked them "who hit mummy with the door?"
Maybe it's just me, but I'd be a bit iffy about having kids over to stay who were careless like that ...

What was the thought process behind the dog situation? I didn't get why she did it
Does she volunteer there? That's what I think is happening.

I think she wanted to see how aggressive the dog would be ... perhaps thinking she'd adopt it to protect her from her husband? Could be wrong of course. I gather it's the dog's carcass that we saw snippets of throughout the episode :cry:

Maid22

VIP Member
I have no idea, am not liking it at all, think I'm out!
Watched to end, thought it was a pile of :poop:

Last edited: