Amelia Perrin

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have never heard of mastitis in pregnancy?! Unless your pumping for colostrum but she said she was told to pump to get rid of the mastitis.

Unheard of.

Genuinely can’t see an issue, but I know everyone sees things differently!

We were visiting a relative who is in hospital and asked if the visitor who had been in already to drop them in and take some things they needed could swap and we were told categorically no.
With the greatest of respect... you were visiting a sick relative, correct? This isn't quite the same as someone being with their partner during the birth of their first child. But equally, I understand your point.

But then again, Charlie is a bit of a div for putting up with that mum

Reactions: 1
With the greatest of respect... you were visiting a sick relative, correct? This isn't quite the same as someone being with their partner during the birth of their first child. But equally, I understand your point.

But then again, Charlie is a bit of a div for putting up with that mum
Haha, we can all agree on Charlie being a div, regardless of the circumstances!

I have never heard of mastitis in pregnancy?! Unless your pumping for colostrum but she said she was told to pump to get rid of the mastitis.

Unheard of.
Didn’t we discover that the only way mastitis happens before childbirth is someone sucking on the nipple to get milk out??? If that’s true Charlie is even more of a weirdo than I thought!!!

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 2
You can't believe that a man sitting outside the labour room for 2 hours while his mother in law takes his place is a good thing? He mum should have let him go in!
In her defence, she did say that they wouldn’t let them swap

Now I'm NOT saying the nipple sucking didn't happen BUT this is on the NHS website:
Screenshot_20210916-215741_Chrome.jpg

Sounds like Amelia’s labour went really smoothly. Which is great! To hold off on drugs until 7cm is impressive.

Completely shocked Charlie wasn’t there when he could have been. Imagine leaving your husband to park the car. Seriously. It is his baby as well. I have watched so many one born every minutes where the husband is just sidelined. This is the biggest day of his life as well!! Imagine having a mother in law who would do that...

Reactions: 4
Maybe I need to check myself but I don't get the big deal about her mum being with her for the first two hours - particularly as he had to park the car and by the time he got in the NHS wouldn't let them swap for a while? He was there for the other 21347 hours and saw his child be born?

Reactions: 9
Maybe I need to check myself but I don't get the big deal about her mum being with her for the first two hours - particularly as he had to park the car and by the time he got in the NHS wouldn't let them swap for a while? He was there for the other 21347 hours and saw his child be born?
Same. I don’t think it’s that deep. My partner and my mum are of equal importance to me, being allowed in appointments is crazy at the moment (plenty of my friends gave birth in lockdown and no birth partners were allowed until labour was well established) and he was allowed in when it mattered.

The real issue is why when he had two hours to spare, why didn’t he pop to the hospital shop to buy some snacks given they left all their at home.

Reactions: 5
Same. I don’t think it’s that deep. My partner and my mum are of equal importance to me, being allowed in appointments is crazy at the moment (plenty of my friends gave birth in lockdown and no birth partners were allowed until labour was well established) and he was allowed in when it mattered.

The real issue is why when he had two hours to spare, why didn’t he pop to the hospital shop to buy some snacks given they left all their at home.
Most Hosp shops shut due to COVID. The restaurant at our local is shut.

Usually a little M&S or WHSmith is open. He could have rustled up something for her, I’m sure. Although, he’s not the brightest star in the sky is he?!
To be fair to him it sounds like they did have snacks and she didn’t want them. She discussed being force fed and vomiting into the gas and air tube and swallowing it back down 🤮 DISGUSTANG. I’m sure that detail could’ve been spared.

Sorry but I do disagree. Her mum did not need to be there. I gave birth during Covid and was so grateful that my hospital didn’t let additional people in. Every extra person in the maternity wing is an extra risk to your baby. My baby, like many others had to go into the NICU. Covid is a very real worry for these babies. In addition to this A LOT of pregnant women are still not vaccinated. They are also at risk. I would have been furious if I found out other mums thought they were above the rules. Don’t bring two people into the hospital. Your mum can wait outside.

Even if you were allowed visitors in the hospital ... Would it really be the right thing to do? To invite people into a maternity ward during Covid. No!

Swapping is just cheating the system.

Reactions: 3
I use to know an Aster. Everyone called her Asda Price in school. And would tap their bum and say 'Every little helps'. I think it is a lovely name. But too many people would think this girl was introducing herself as ASDA. I feel like wenever people hear a less common name they just jump straight to what they know. like c'mon did they really think her parents called her Asda. 😂🤬

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Sorry but I do disagree. Her mum did not need to be there. I gave birth during Covid and was so grateful that my hospital didn’t let additional people in. Every extra person in the maternity wing is an extra risk to your baby. My baby, like many others had to go into the NICU. Covid is a very real worry for these babies. In addition to this A LOT of pregnant women are still not vaccinated. They are also at risk. I would have been furious if I found out other mums thought they were above the rules. Don’t bring two people into the hospital. Your mum can wait outside.

Even if you were allowed visitors in the hospital ... Would it really be the right thing to do? To invite people into a maternity ward during Covid. No!

Swapping is just cheating the system.
No offence Jes Turner, but you're not the birth partner police

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I have no kids, but how is Amelia not terrified of her newborn catching Covid taking her to brunch?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.