Amelia Liana

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't you know? If you put on enough Chanel, Prada and YSL, the COVID-19 just skips past you because you are indispensable to the airlines and jet services and luxury hotels around the world. It is the pandemic secret the government doesn't want you to know.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I stopped watching Amelia's videos a couple of months ago, when in the middle of a global pandemic she was trying to push expensive hauls on her viewers. I found it incredibly inappropriate, who was buying 2k plus bags to go nowhere in lockdown? A huge amount of people lost their jobs, were furloughed, people were dying and here is Amelia jumping up and down like that wasn't happening. I didn't want doom and gloom but all the other vlogs I was watching seemed much more 'normal' than hers. It really showed she has no other content other than sponsored hauls.

• Angry
Reactions: 12
I agree with most that's been said so far, but I have to say her stories from Italy are quite funny, she makes fun of herself and I really laughed a few times.

On her acting as if everything's normal during lockdown... I agree and don't. On one hand, obviously it's a dreadful situation and nothing is normal at all, on the other hand it's nice escapism when it's such crazy times, that you can't open any paper or anything at all without being hit on the head about all the problems across the world and a time when I was also reading and watching so much about the virus (plus all the other crazy dumpsterfires going), it was for sure nice to know that there were channels etc to turn to and not be yet again for the umpteenth time confronted with all the crap.

And to be fair she asked her followers a number of times what content they wanted, normal as usual or "tailored" (my word) to the current situation and seems most voted for normal, as did I.

She's a beauty blogger anyway, it's not like she's the person to go to for current events. It's not her persona and not her "credentials".
I rather not everyone weigh in on everything, not everyone has the capacity and it's good to recognize your strengths and limits and your target group and stick to that.

Then there are those who did their content for the situation and got flogged for that, too.

The travelling though.. imo definitely a "no"... Esp considering how badly the UK handled everything and continues to just F up every step of the way.

Reactions: 11
Why are we criticizing her for traveling to another country, when she clapped every Thursday for maybe a month?

:ROFLMAO: my favorite part of lockdown vlogs from her was how she felt so emotionally moved by the clapping on the street, as if the claps where for little rich girl and not the NHS.

Reactions: 6
I’ve been following her for a few years now and most of the times I found her videos really fun and she also has a fun personality. But a few days ago I unfollowed her both on Instagram and unsubscribed from her YT channel. I honestly can’t tolerate anymore the exaggeration of the stuff she buys or is paid to promote or given for free etc. it literally gives me anxiety to see all the -mostly designer- hauls she does EVERY SINGLE WEEK. I mean I get it she’s filthy rich, I knew that from the beginning when I first started watching her videos, but this is just too much. I live in Greece and I know that the situation abroad is different (money wise) especially in London where a lot of super wealthy people live and I have always wondered why no one is commenting on her YT vids about this exaggeration and shameless display of wealth.. I mean I know she is a fashion/beauty influencer but I think there’s also a limit, especially during this time which has been life altering to so so many people everywhere. Also first time posting here so hi everyone! xx

Reactions: 12
Swanning around Italy without one mention of the pandemic that almost destroyed the country a month or two ago. While so many of us adjust to a new normal, they just go on as normal. God forbid they have to cancel one of their dozens of summer holidays. What a selfish, ignorant cow.
Seriously these UK/EU influenzas they live in a different world as they act as if a vaccine was found and there isn't anything to worry.

It seems like if they don't travel they will die. I have never seen anyone die from staying home.

They are all a bunch of disrespectful, self absorved idiots. If they come back saying they got Covid I won't be surprised or feel sorry for them.

Okay so I came here to see if anyone was posting about her blatant disregard for current affairs. I’m in the US so we are a literal dumpster fire between the pandemic, the civil unrest, and the economic collapse... but like I cannot with these tone deaf influencers parading around with their designer goods and traveling abroad. I don’t understand what they don’t understand!
They seem like a bunch of dumb bimbos who are unaware or simply refuse to accept that we have a problem that is far from being over.

Reactions: 5
just catching up on here and see she’s now on holiday in Italy! I can’t tell you the amount of influencers who I’ve seen jetting off apparently thinking this is over. I feel like as someone with a huge platform they should not be promoting summer holidays in the middle of a pandemic.

Reactions: 4
just catching up on here and see she’s now on holiday in Italy! I can’t tell you the amount of influencers who I’ve seen jetting off apparently thinking this is over. I feel like as someone with a huge platform they should not be promoting summer holidays in the middle of a pandemic.
They are promoting summer holidays when they've just spent 2+ months at home not doing much just resting ( to be honest they don't do a lot all year around) to places they all have been before.

I am sorry but someone who didn't work for months, they don't need to go Italy or Greece to take time off and unwind. They had months to do that at home.

Reactions: 3
I stopped watching Amelia's videos a couple of months ago, when in the middle of a global pandemic she was trying to push expensive hauls on her viewers. I found it incredibly inappropriate, who was buying 2k plus bags to go nowhere in lockdown? A huge amount of people lost their jobs, were furloughed, people were dying and here is Amelia jumping up and down like that wasn't happening. I didn't want doom and gloom but all the other vlogs I was watching seemed much more 'normal' than hers. It really showed she has no other content other than sponsored hauls.
Just another proof of all the money in the world can't buy class. Or cognitive capacity in this matter.

• Haha
New poster, I’m not sure if this has been discussed but where has her new dog gone? She posted on her story ‘back to my bub’ with only 1 dog in it

New poster, I’m not sure if this has been discussed but where has her new dog gone? She posted on her story ‘back to my bub’ with only 1 dog in it
She still has her dog (Duke). The new dog (Leo) belongs to her mam.
Duke is prob with her mam while she being an eijet and going on holidays during a pandemic. Unless her mam is with her on holidays, I don't follow her instagram?

Reactions: 1
yeah it definitely looked like a couple's getaway to me - not with her fam, not with a brand, and if she was with girlfriends she'd have posted about it

Reactions: 6
A new man daddy can force to marry her...
Aw sweet, it’s like a fairytale.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I'm a bit torn about the travel. After the restrictions were lifted in much of Europe I have several friends and colleagues who are currently on holiday in France, Italy, Spain or the Nordic countries. Portugal also is among the countries that we are now allowed to travel to and people are really doing it, not just people like Amelia. Some are combining essential travel with a holiday stay, but others are really just on holiday. I won't be going abroad myself this year, but we are traveling for a holiday in our own country early August. Social distancing is still in place, which will affect our holiday, I am pretty sure it is observed also at Lake Como.

Most hotels and businesses are really grateful that people are doing this since they need the money, Amelia spending her own money on travel, handbags etc is also a good thing I feel. I've bought some clothes, shoes and a handbag during the pandemic and got a thank you email back each time for supporting the fashion industry during this difficult time. What I do object to is the over the top consumerism and self-obsession displayed by some influencers and the constant freebies that they are showered with. I feel most businesses and influencers should rethink these at this time. I understand that businesses need to market themselves, but freebies can be given to people who really need them and still get influencers involved. It is just poor imagination showering people who already have everything with gifts that they do not need. So many people have lost their jobs, get influencers involved in helping out and share the wealth and you will get all the advertisement you need. Amelia could do this as well, although I am pretty sure her family is involved in all sorts of charity and voluntary activity already, but I'd like to see it. And for others also to see it and feel a little more pressure to get involved.

Reactions: 8
I am glad that where I live we are not allowed to leave without a good reason and we must ask for permission before. The "I want/need a holiday " is not really a good enough reason to be allowed to leave. And that's because we do not have a lot of cases compared to countries in EU/UK.
Every country approaches the situation in a different way. There are countries in Europe where Covid cases are on the rising but they are focused on the economy and tourism so everything is open.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.