Amelia Liana

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It looks good but I can imagine it tastes extremely bland? When she showed how they make it they just put a tiny bit of salt in and a swirl of saffron, so it probably tastes like nothing.
I think there's usually a lot of butter/oil in it?

Reactions: 1
Persians are not Arabs, and her mom is Persian - all the food she makes including crispy rice is Persian/Iranian food, and not Iraqi.
this is why I find it so strange she wrote ‘ to my fellow Arabic girls’ . Unless she is not great with vocabulary and words and meant to mean ‘ to my Arabic followers’ without understanding ‘fellow’

Reactions: 1
I think there's usually a lot of butter/oil in it?
In the rice tutorial they put one tablespoon of oil into the pan hence the brownness on the bottom/top, but that was it. Not trying to hate on persian rice, I don't think I've ever had it, it just strikes me as something not very flavourful. And I love rice but just cooking it in practically only water? Eh.

this is why I find it so strange she wrote ‘ to my fellow Arabic girls’ . Unless she is not great with vocabulary and words and meant to mean ‘ to my Arabic followers’ without understanding ‘fellow’
Amelia is of arabic origins, all her father's side is from Iraq. Kinda doubt she even knows that persian =|= arabic, she probably thinks it's all the same.

Reactions: 3
I don’t think her mum is Persian, or not fully at least. Some of the food is Persian but I’m sure Amelia has said her family is partly from Iraq. It’s considered very offensive to call an Iranian an Arab 😂 it’s used as an insult!
Our rice is not bland, it’s how you’re suppsed to cook rice. You serve it with casseroles and meat dishes with salad and yogurts. Saffron has a very strong flavour if you use the proper stuff (not fake). It’s served with lots of butter and is often cooked with herbs and berries, not just plain. We usually add bread or potato to the fried “cake top”. I have no idea what Iraqis eat but I guess it could be similar, I mean, the country is next to us...

Reactions: 8
I don’t think her mum is Persian, or not fully at least. Some of the food is Persian but I’m sure Amelia has said her family is partly from Iraq. It’s considered very offensive to call an Iranian an Arab 😂 it’s used as an insult!
Our rice is not bland, it’s how you’re suppsed to cook rice. You serve it with casseroles and meat dishes with salad and yogurts. Saffron has a very strong flavour if you use the proper stuff (not fake). It’s served with lots of butter and is often cooked with herbs and berries, not just plain. We usually add bread or potato to the fried “cake top”. I have no idea what Iraqis eat but I guess it could be similar, I mean, the country is next to us...
Tahdig (rice cake) IS delicious! I actually just had some. It's common to eat it with other dishes and not on its own.

It's very strange that she would call herself Arab, even if her dad was from Iraq because she is of Jewish descent. Jews don't consider themselves Arabs. She's obviously just pandering to her fanbase.

Reactions: 4
Tahdig (rice cake) IS delicious! I actually just had some. It's common to eat it with other dishes and not on its own.

It's very strange that she would call herself Arab, even if her dad was from Iraq because she is of Jewish descent. Jews don't consider themselves Arabs. She's obviously just pandering to her fanbase.
That's not true, there are Arab Jews.

Now that I think about it I remember her saying both her parents speak Arabic and if she was to learn another language it would be that.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.