Amelia Liana

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think many people are just trying to make the best of a bad situation. We were supposed to be traveling in several European countries this summer with close relatives from outside of Europe. One has a terminal illness that is gradually getting worse and this was meant to be our last chance to do this kind of travel together and just enjoy each others company. I'd also like to see my parents, but they live in a European country that I am not allowed to travel to. Amelia is for sure in the same situation with her relatives in the US, but it would be nice if she spoke about these things a little more and toned down the hauls and over the top birthday gifts a bit.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
just catching up on here and see she’s now on holiday in Italy! I can’t tell you the amount of influencers who I’ve seen jetting off apparently thinking this is over. I feel like as someone with a huge platform they should not be promoting summer holidays in the middle of a pandemic.
I have to agree. It’s actually nuts how many influencers I’ve seen jet off again. Yes, every area of the world has its own circumstances during covid - but surely they have a somewhat global audience.

Maybe it’s jealousy because I so desperately wish I could leave NY to see family and friends elsewhere or enjoy a summer vacation but can’t. And when they show the airports, they’re largely empty still so surely these guys are among the first to break lockdown.

It would be much more relatable this year if they created content around staycation tips — how to enjoy a relaxing and fulfilling holiday at home!

Reactions: 4
I have to agree. It’s actually nuts how many influencers I’ve seen jet off again. Yes, every area of the world has its own circumstances during covid - but surely they have a somewhat global audience.

Maybe it’s jealousy because I so desperately wish I could leave NY to see family and friends elsewhere or enjoy a summer vacation but can’t. And when they show the airports, they’re largely empty still so surely these guys are among the first to break lockdown.

It would be much more relatable this year if they created content around staycation tips — how to enjoy a relaxing and fulfilling holiday at home!
I would love to travel, Italy like Amelia would be lovely. But some of my colleagues have had to between European countries during the pandemic since we work in medical technology and it is essential. One of them just recently sent to me a picture from an airplane. There were around 8 people on the plane, all of them seated far away from each other and wearing face masks, so it's not really the kind of holiday feeling that I am looking for. I did see some Spanish and Italian tourists when we went walking last weekend, so I guess it is possible and I sure wish you could be here now, we are used to seeing American tourists everywhere this time of the year :(

Reactions: 3
She could have easily found a really lovely holiday in the UK, if she were willing to just think outside her little box for a moment instead of having to tick the rich girl holiday spot boxes, she could have retreated to a Scottish island with deserted white sand beaches. Theres some lovely places. Going abroad is unnecessary. The pandemic isn't over just because its summer and you think having a holiday is a right and you're bored of being at home. She seemed humbled there for a moment when her engagement fell apart and became likeable. But the endless luxury hauls when people are furloughed or have lost their jobs entirety is tone deaf. Just because she's a beauty or fashion influencer doesn't mean she gets a pass from acknowledging the real world exists.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She could have easily found a really lovely holiday in the UK, if she were willing to just think outside her little box for a moment instead of having to tick the rich girl holiday spot boxes, she could have retreated to a Scottish island with deserted white sand beaches. Theres some lovely places. Going abroad is unnecessary. The pandemic isn't over just because its summer and you think having a holiday is a right and you're bored of being at home. She seemed humbled there for a moment when her engagement fell apart and became likeable. But the endless luxury hauls when people are furloughed or have lost their jobs entirety is tone deaf. Just because she's a beauty or fashion influencer doesn't mean she gets a pass from acknowledging the real world exists.
There is something I have heard many times during this pandemic " Just because you want this to be over and you wanna enjoy life, it does not mean that it is over just because you want this to be over, you can fool yourself all you want, but the reality is that this is far from over". So if people don't keep working on getting things under control, this can turn ugly again in a matter of days.

I want to travel but this is not the time and this is not the circunstances I want to travel, feeling scared that I will catch or pass anything.

I want this to be over and I want everyone to be healthy and the economy to be booming but that is just a wish, that's not the reality. We can pretend all we want that everything is fine or we can acknowledge that there is a problem and that we have to do our best for now.

Not to be a jerk ... but how are you expecting her to get to Scotland? She isn't gonna drive that long and would likely fly. Also a lot of countries that rely on tourism have asked for people to visit but to exercise caution and commonsense. Ultimately, life is trying to find a new normal and that includes travel. I can't wait till I can fly back to my apartment in NY and am bored of being in London with my family - whom I love!

• Heart
Not to be a jerk ... but how are you expecting her to get to Scotland? She isn't gonna drive that long and would likely fly. Also a lot of countries that rely on tourism have asked for people to visit but to exercise caution and commonsense. Ultimately, life is trying to find a new normal and that includes travel. I can't wait till I can fly back to my apartment in NY and am bored of being in London with my family - whom I love!
We have trains, or why not drive and make a road trip of it? And I didn't say she shouldn't fly. If she did it would be an hour. The UK is also a country that is relying on tourism. So why not keep it local so to speak and support what we have here? She missed an opportunity to have an adventure or find some.lux Highland hide away and promote that. If she must have a holiday. But no,not only does she have to do the cliche rich girl trip, but it involves leaving the country. My issue is more with the trekking abroad unnecessarily tbh. I understand we're living with a new normal but they've just imposed a 14 day quarantine for people returning from Spain. The new normal is still very unstable, she's behaving like theres been no pandemic. Not to mention how tacky it feels to be swanning off when people are struggling to get by. Look, I have a boyfriend whos in NY, we're.desperate to see.each other but it is what it is and we'll wait. Sometimes things are just bigger than you and your immediate wants. None of these girls seemed to have worked that out, it's more than a minor inconvenience to be shrugged off.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
We have trains, or why not drive and make a road trip of it? And I didn't say she shouldn't fly. If she did it would be an hour. The UK is also a country that is relying on tourism. So why not keep it local so to speak and support what we have here? She missed an opportunity to have an adventure or find some.lux Highland hide away and promote that. If she must have a holiday. But no,not only does she have to do the cliche rich girl trip, but it involves leaving the country. My issue is more with the trekking abroad unnecessarily tbh. I understand we're living with a new normal but they've just imposed a 14 day quarantine for people returning from Spain. The new normal is still very unstable, she's behaving like theres been no pandemic. Not to mention how tacky it feels to be swanning off when people are struggling to get by. Look, I have a boyfriend whos in NY, we're.desperate to see.each other but it is what it is and we'll wait. Sometimes things are just bigger than you and your immediate wants. None of these girls seemed to have worked that out, it's more than a minor inconvenience to be shrugged off.
Going to Scotland creates similar risks as traveling to Italy. It still constitutes travel outside of your immediate surroundings and potentially exposing people in Scotland etc. The UK doesn't rely on tourism the way countries like Greece do for example - over 50% of their GDP is derived from the sector.

If you're gonna be annoyed, be annoyed that she's traveling during this period when it might be better to stay home. But frankly it sounds like you are just looking for a reason to pick at the fact she went to Italy.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Going to Scotland creates similar risks as traveling to Italy. It still constitutes travel outside of your immediate surroundings and potentially exposing people in Scotland etc. The UK doesn't rely on tourism the way countries like Greece do for example - over 50% of their GDP is derived from the sector.

If you're gonna be annoyed, be annoyed that she's traveling during this period when it might be better to stay home. But frankly it sounds like you are just looking for a reason to pick at the fact she went to Italy.
Well frankly, you can think what you like. I am annoyed shes travelling at all. I expressed that, you clearly missed my point, which was that if she must insist on a holiday, close to home is better. I dont advocate any travel. And the UK does rely on tourism. Take it from someone who works in that sector.
I thought I had the energy to be back on this site. Apparently not. duck it. I can't be arsed with people who dont read things property

I don't want to comment too much about it in case she reads here and get triggered but she's getting so tiny :(

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Anyone got thoughts on her new video on her stomach condition?
I dont know much about the condition itself but when she showed pictures of the bloating i felt sorry for her but also half thought... isnt that just what you're gonna look like after eating, being SO tiny??

I can’t even bear to watch her videos now. She looks ill. Her arms are skeletal at this point. I do also wonder if the SIBO/IBS is just a vague excuse to practice disordered eating.

I can’t even bear to watch her videos now. She looks ill. Her arms are skeletal at this point. I do also wonder if the SIBO/IBS is just a vague excuse to practice disordered eating.
Yeah... this. Especially as in the video she briefly touches on Drs not taking her seriously, saying they were concentrating on her gut when her whole body was affected.
Plus, her rambling about eating whilst calm not over lunches/meetings 'that can get quite heated'
Did it never occur to her that eating out CONSTANTLY and drinking a fair bit plus her constant snacking on chocolate/sweets that she used to do at the old flat might not have something to do with having a... well, more normal looking stomach than the teeny tiny one?
Off to google SIBO now.

Reactions: 6
What kind of heated lunch meetings is Amelia having? She isn't CEO of a big company, she's an influencer. I found that really weird..

• Haha
Reactions: 7
What kind of heated lunch meetings is Amelia having? She isn't CEO of a big company, she's an influencer. I found that really weird..
From what I remember, some years ago, when I watched the British beauty influencers, they went on frequent lunch/ dinner meetings to discuss pr/ad, etc. with the brands pr people. The pr people probably got a bit sick of her being very picky with what she eats or complaining a lot because the food choices do not suit her. If she is restricting her diet, it could cause a lot of tension because finding a place that can cater to certain diets is difficult. They could also have noticed her diet and tried to talk to her about it, but she probably got defensive.

Just listing some possibilities, I hope her change is not due to this "secret" relationship or her pressuring herself to "finally" get married.

SIBO my ass. These influencers just love to find a label for themselves, they've literally all got something or other.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Bloat like that is very common with EDs. She is obviously very sick and not with SIBO. It’s sad to see and she shouldn‘t be filming. She needs an intervention.

Reactions: 4
Bloat like that is very common with EDs. She is obviously very sick and not with SIBO. It’s sad to see and she shouldn‘t be filming. She needs an intervention.
I hate commenting on weight and particularly on EDs in case in triggers anyone. But I hadn't really thought about the fact that SIBO could be a cover for a ED, particularly if her family have noticed weird eating behaviour. Amelia has always been small but she is getting painfully thin now.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.