Amelia Liana #6 Money talks, wealth whispers, Amelia screams..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her mum is Iraqi but, her family moved to Iran and lived there for a long time so, they adopted the Persian culture hence why they speak Farsi and cook traditional Persian food. That being said a lot of Persians lived in Iraq then were forced to move back to Iran when the war happened.... so it's a bit unclear what their ethnic heritage actually is.

She has mentioned her grandad being in the Indian Olympics on her dad's side?? Not sure what his ethnicity is
Thank you for clarifying!

Reactions: 3
When you click over to view her videos sorted from the oldest - omgggg, 10 years is a long time in a 30year olds life, but she looks like an entirely different person!

• Wow
Reactions: 24
When you click over to view her videos sorted from the oldest - omgggg, 10 years is a long time in a 30year olds life, but she looks like an entirely different person!

She looks so much more like Hannah and much prettier than she does now with all the work she’s had done, a real shame. She was Actually cute there.

Reactions: 21
She was cute, it's wild that people try to "fix" something random then do a whole lot of opposite.

Reactions: 16
You can look up her entire family tree on this website. https://www.farhi.org/genealogy/index.html

i wish she would tell her family’s story. It would be super interesting. I remember Amelia and her mom doing a Q&A and she constantly talked over her mom and interrupted when she was talking about where she came from
I’m Muslim and my family name is on there. I guess we’re one of the related families regardless of religion

Reactions: 7
Can someone please explain how Amelia is Iraqi and Persian? Isn't her father European Jewish? It is that her mum is half Iraqi half Persian Jewish? Sorry if this has been discussed but she's always been so vague about her ethnicity and it is confusing.
---
Also I wish she would let go of the overly highlighted blonde balayage. She would look so much better with a more blended light brown/golden tones rather than the mess she has now
Her Dad is Sephardic, so his roots are likely Iberian, but given the reception Iberian Jews have had through history, there can be a lot of overlap with Mizrahi communities. That may mean there's some middle eastern heritage from his side, as well as her mother's side which has been mentioned.

Reactions: 8
You can look up her entire family tree on this website. https://www.farhi.org/genealogy/index.html

i wish she would tell her family’s story. It would be super interesting. I remember Amelia and her mom doing a Q&A and she constantly talked over her mom and interrupted when she was talking about where she came from
So this website confirms that Carol’s parents and grandparents are from Baghdad, Iraq.

Amelia thinks that by living in a country for a period of time you automatically become that ethinicity. She should not be calling herself Persian. Carol cannot even call herself an Iranian national either since she wasn’t born there.

Amelia has always tried to sound more interesting and exotic than she actually is. She’s very confused and has an identity crisis clearly. One the one hand she tries to be a basic white girl, and goes so far as to drastically changing her natural hair colour (which doesn’t suit her in the slightest) and features with surgery… but then will sporadically use the Middle Eastern card. It’s like she decides which character she wants to be when she wakes up that morning.

Last edited:
So this website confirms that Carol’s parents and grandparents are from Baghdad, Iraq.

Amelia thinks that by living in a country for a period of time you automatically become that ethinicity. She should not be calling herself Persian. Carol cannot even call herself an Iranian national either since she wasn’t born there.
There was a strong Persian population in Iraq before Saddam Hussein exiled tthem. She's not pretending to be Iranian, she's saying she's Persian. Those two populations, especially Jewish, has been going from one country to another and vice versa for centuries.

They speak farsi, they eat Persian food, that would be a lot just to cosplay being "exotic".

• Heart
Reactions: 14
There was a strong Persian population in Iraq before Saddam Hussein exiled tthem. She's not pretending to be Iranian, she's saying she's Persian. Those two populations, especially Jewish, has been going from one country to another and vice versa for centuries.

They speak farsi, they eat Persian food, that would be a lot just to cosplay being "exotic".
Ok so how do you explain Carol’s grandparents and great-great grandparents etc also being from Baghdad, Iraq way before Saddam’s time? She is Iraqi, of Mizrahi descent.

I’ve also lived abroad for 10 years. I can speak the country’s language, can cook foods from their cuisine. That’s not a big deal. I still wouldn’t refer to myself as said country’s nationality/ethnicity.

This ultimately all goes back to Amelia not openly sharing her Jewish Mizrahi background. Which is fine, I understand why she chooses not to and I can’t be bothered getting into all of that. But she literally refers to herself as an ‘Arab girl’ one day, and Persian the next.

Last edited:
Ok so how do you explain Carol’s grandparents and great-great grandparents etc also being from Baghdad, Iraq way before Saddam’s time? She is Iraqi, of Mizrahi descent.

I’ve also lived abroad for 10 years. I can speak the country’s language, can cook foods from their cuisine. That’s not a big deal. I still wouldn’t refer to myself as said country’s nationality/ethnicity.
They can be ethnically Persian and have been living in Iraq for centuries. It's really not that far fetched. You're so hang up on it, it sounds so weird to me.

Example: Assyrians are assyrians, regardless if they live in Iraq, Syrian or Turkey. They're still assyrians and they've been living there for centuries. Their cultures is assyrian. So what if an assyrian label herself Assyrian Iraqi??? Is that false ? No.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
They can be ethnically Persian and have been living in Iraq for centuries. It's really not that far fetched. You're so hang up on it, it sounds so weird to me.

Example: Assyrians are assyrians, regardless if they live in Iraq, Syrian or Turkey. They're still assyrians and they've been living there for centuries. Their cultures is assyrian. So what if an assyrian label herself Assyrian Iraqi??? Is that false ? No.
If anything id say you’re the one that seems hung up on it 😂 Im essentially pointing out how she literally switches between the two ethnicities… she’ll play Arabic music in her car and be like ‘where my Arab girls at’ and ‘us Arab girls are so hairy’ etc… and then the next day she’ll be referring to herself as Persian. It’s either one or the other with her.

• Sad

Amelia has always tried to sound more interesting and exotic than she actually is. She’s very confused and has an identity crisis clearly. One the one hand she tries to be a basic white girl, and goes so far as to drastically changing her natural hair colour (which doesn’t suit her in the slightest) and features with surgery… but then will sporadically use the Middle Eastern card. It’s like she decides which character she wants to be when she wakes up that morning.
Iraqi isn’t exotic in Britain? It’s the country next to Iran. Persian=Iranian. So how is Persian exotic but Iraqi Jewish not. Even her father’s family isn’t Ashkenazim.

But I do admit she is only Jewish when she wants to seem exotic. But her family is listed on the same list as mine and I’m regularly referred to as exotic

Reactions: 5
Iraqi isn’t exotic in Britain? It’s the country next to Iran. Persian=Iranian. So how is Persian exotic but Iraqi Jewish not. Even her father’s family isn’t Ashkenazim.

But I do admit she is only Jewish when she wants to seem exotic. But her family is listed on the same list as mine and I’m regularly referred to as exotic
Iraq, particularly after 9/11 and Saddam Hussein’s execution, was (and probably still is amongst a large percentage of racists) tainted as evil in Britain. It’s only recently that Iraqis (in the public eye) in the West seem to have felt more comfortable openly sharing their background. Influencer and author Roxie Nafousi (who is really close to Amelia) has also talked about how she was made to feel ashamed to be Iraqi during her teens and 20’s, so much so that she even changed her name from Rawan to Roxie to hide her Arab/Iraqi identity. I personally love the name Rawan, I’d choose that over Roxie any day.

I’ve noticed that the Iranians I personally know like to refer to themselves as ‘Persian’ instead of Iranian, and I get the hint that it’s to sound more exotic.

Last edited:
can you imagine if she will have a daughter that looks like her?
poor child will hate herself till she is old enough to start with plastic surgery..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.