Amelia Liana #2 More like Ad-melia Lie-ana

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ugh, could not stand a few minutes of watching the Assumptions video. I just can't relate. She acknowledges her privelege, but IMO, not enough. "My parents worked really really hard." Then she says her mum pretty much stayed home to be with her and her sister. Also, I don't think she understands how many, many other people work really, really hard and get nowhere close to her family's status and wealth. That's because, despite working really hard, her parents also came from a background of privilege and wealth.

Reactions: 30
Meh, I can see why she didn't want to name specific sects of each religion. What would it have achieved?

I think I can relate to that because I grew up with a religious Christian family, different people following different branches, and I'm not religious at all now and consider myself an atheist. When asked about it I try to keep the details out because can take religion very personally and its really not worth the argument.

Saying that, I still participate in family events that are centred in religion because I like my family. But going to a Christmas dinner, or a church for someone's christening or whatever doesn't mean the person attending has the same beliefs
You've proved my point. You said "a religious Christian family" you didn't make it some vague thing. You specifically said "Christmas dinner" or "church." You didn't call it something else.

Reactions: 6
You've proved my point. You said "a religious Christian family" you didn't make it some vague thing. You specifically said "Christmas dinner" or "church." You didn't call it something else.
Yes, but you don't know me and I don't know you. Its easy for me to type this on the internet on a random forum.

In my daily life saying that around certain people would start a longer conversation I don't care to have, and I actively avoid it. Not everyone in a similar situation feels the need to, but I do and can see why Amelia does also

Reactions: 3
It's even worse to lie on a public forum. She is an influencer, people are going to come out of the woodwork and expose her lies, be it intentionally or unintentionally.
All she does, vlog after vlog, is prove what a liar she is.

Reactions: 11
They come across as really ungrateful and self obsessed. It very much seems to be a case of them looking down on Nicky as she is “just” a hairdresser. I was glad to see plenty of verified IG account sticking up for Nicky under her videos about it. Lydia and Amelia think they are untouchable 🙄
SELF OBSESSED IS LITERALLY WHAT THEY ARE.
I can’t understand how out of touch with reality these girls are. (can’t call them women because they’re just obnoxious self righteous teens)

Reactions: 14
Religion can be a very sensitive topic. It may not be that she is lying so to speak, it may just be that she is keeping her insta neutral with regards to that topic. I don’t think we see any influencers or brands online that discuss religion, it’s a controversial topic which is skimmed over.

And before anyone says, I’m not a fan of Amelia. I just find this religion thing a bit random tbh.

Reactions: 19
I can’t believe that she dropped Duke and Leo when she fell 🤯 I thought for sure that she’d hold on to them... 💔
Poor dogs! She should reevaluate using them as props so much 😡 I can’t believe she showed that for a funny behind the scenes peek

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The discussion turns always to "religion", but Judaism isn't just a religion, it's not just faith. It's a cultural heritage and there are plenty of Jews, who are atheists, but still identifiy as Jewish. With Judaism it's not as clear cut "just a religion" as it is with other religions.

I'd say even Christianity might be heading the same direction, as I know families who don't believe, but still celebrate Christmas and Easter and even do Christenings (!!) (and church weddings), because it's become more "cultural" and a reason for the family to get together than a religious celebration, but I suppose that's another topic.

I also find it's been explained so many times so very well why people can't with Amelia and her hiding of her Jewish heritage (and as I said, it's heritage and culture, not religion (at least not only religion)).

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Poor dogs! She should reevaluate using them as props so much 😡 I can’t believe she showed that for a funny behind the scenes peek
Yes! when I first saw that clip I was so angry. Dogs are not props and I was seriously concerned they were hurt. Thank god, they jumped out of her arms. I've never had a pom so I'm not familiar with their bodies and what they can handle but dogs aren't like cats in their springing and landing abilities and they can break legs and hips.

For those of you who think I'm being "random" about Amelia's religion, she handles answers about her privilege the same way. She says she has had a low paying job and then describes running around doing grunt work for a designer. That was an internship. Probably bought for her by her dad. Tatler had an article about how all the rich girls got Summer internships at design houses, paid for by their parents. And then she said something like, she was happy she did it but was glad to be done with that sort of work. Like she went Glamping but is now happy to be back in the city. How nice for her. The fact is, she can't relate to low-paid workers and shouldn't pretend that she can understand what it's like to have to stay in a crappy job because you need it, that without doing that work, you can't pay your bills or feed yourself or provide for a family. She can and should simply acknowledge her privilege often. There's nothing wrong with being wealthy (depends how wealthy or most likely you are exploiting people) or being the child of wealthy people. But don't lie about it. Her family situation absolutely gave her a huge leg-up when she started her Vlog. The fact that her early videos were just her on vacation at the villa her family rented, wearing the designer haut couture clothes her family could afford or even giving reviews of tons of products that she was able to purchase and try. The person buying clothes from Target or H&M, living in a one-bedroom flat with no vacations in sight doesn't have that kind of built-in content.

Another point from the video I thought was odd was how she did answer "do you live in your house full time?" She answered yes. Then she gave some weird reason why SHE thought people were asking (not that they see her at her parents all the time or she's often filming at her parents during lockdown). But she never ever has mentioned that she is staying at Philippa's house. And before I get "maybe she's trying to be private" that townhome was featured in previous vlogs as Philippa's home at least three times (maybe more), specifically showing aspects of the design. There was one where Amelia showed off Philippa's bookcases, another time it was the bathrooms, another time the bedroom and closet. I even think the dinning room/kitchen area was shown as Amelia and Philippa went through some purchases they made. So it's not like she hasn't shown the home. As far as I know, she's never mentioned something that is extremely obvious. (if she has, please let me know). And I've seen comments on her YT channel, asking her about moving into Philippa's house either deleted or left unanswered. Listen, does the future of the world reside in Amelia acknowledging that she moved into her friend's house? No. But it is weird to me for her not to say anything. It's yet another thing that she's not honest about. It's also such a nothing thing that I don't understand why she's never said, "hey, you might recognize this place from when I used to visit Philippa. She's moved and I needed a place, so she's let me move in. Isn't that great?"

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Ugh, could not stand a few minutes of watching the Assumptions video. I just can't relate. She acknowledges her privelege, but IMO, not enough. "My parents worked really really hard." Then she says her mum pretty much stayed home to be with her and her sister. Also, I don't think she understands how many, many other people work really, really hard and get nowhere close to her family's status and wealth. That's because, despite working really hard, her parents also came from a background of privilege and wealth.
Her parents worked really hard and "smart"... So different from the rest of the parents out there! 😂😒

• Angry
Reactions: 16
I just watched her assumptions video, well some of it, I couldn’t stomach watching it all.

It always baffles me when wealthy people, born into weath like Amelia, and like her parents, delude themselves into thinking they are where they are because of ‘hard work’. She got those jobs in fashion PR because of networking and connections. Does she not realise that?! 🤯 Normal people don’t get a look in with those kind of roles. I am just in disbelief at her ignorance. At least acknowledge it, it just makes us plebs feel like we’ve clearly not worked hard enough. I’ll remind myself of that when I do my 13 hour shift tomorrow, and I’ll make sure to make a point to my husband who works 14 hour days doing manual work, that he just needs to work harder. And smarter. Give me strength!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Yes! when I first saw that clip I was so angry. Dogs are not props and I was seriously concerned they were hurt. Thank god, they jumped out of her arms. I've never had a pom so I'm not familiar with their bodies and what they can handle but dogs aren't like cats in their springing and landing abilities and they can break legs and hips.

For those of you who think I'm being "random" about Amelia's religion, she handles answers about her privilege the same way. She says she has had a low paying job and then describes running around doing grunt work for a designer. That was an internship. Probably bought for her by her dad. Tatler had an article about how all the rich girls got Summer internships at design houses, paid for by their parents. And then she said something like, she was happy she did it but was glad to be done with that sort of work. Like she went Glamping but is now happy to be back in the city. How nice for her. The fact is, she can't relate to low-paid workers and shouldn't pretend that she can understand what it's like to have to stay in a crappy job because you need it, that without doing that work, you can't pay your bills or feed yourself or provide for a family. She can and should simply acknowledge her privilege often. There's nothing wrong with being wealthy (depends how wealthy or most likely you are exploiting people) or being the child of wealthy people. But don't lie about it. Her family situation absolutely gave her a huge leg-up when she started her Vlog. The fact that her early videos were just her on vacation at the villa her family rented, wearing the designer haut couture clothes her family could afford or even giving reviews of tons of products that she was able to purchase and try. The person buying clothes from Target or H&M, living in a one-bedroom flat with no vacations in sight doesn't have that kind of built-in content.

Another point from the video I thought was odd was how she did answer "do you live in your house full time?" She answered yes. Then she gave some weird reason why SHE thought people were asking (not that they see her at her parents all the time or she's often filming at her parents during lockdown). But she never ever has mentioned that she is staying at Philippa's house. And before I get "maybe she's trying to be private" that townhome was featured in previous vlogs as Philippa's home at least three times (maybe more), specifically showing aspects of the design. There was one where Amelia showed off Philippa's bookcases, another time it was the bathrooms, another time the bedroom and closet. I even think the dinning room/kitchen area was shown as Amelia and Philippa went through some purchases they made. So it's not like she hasn't shown the home. As far as I know, she's never mentioned something that is extremely obvious. (if she has, please let me know). And I've seen comments on her YT channel, asking her about moving into Philippa's house either deleted or left unanswered. Listen, does the future of the world reside in Amelia acknowledging that she moved into her friend's house? No. But it is weird to me for her not to say anything. It's yet another thing that she's not honest about. It's also such a nothing thing that I don't understand why she's never said, "hey, you might recognize this place from when I used to visit Philippa. She's moved and I needed a place, so she's let me move in. Isn't that great?"
100%.
In her q & a, she mentioned Phillipa's house as "her" house. That's a straight out lie.
She is so annoying when she does these assumptions and q & a vlogs because she is so vague.

Reactions: 8
The security blanket thing is correct, she even used those exact words herself in a previous vlog. Yeah, I know, she makes up things all the time and mixes it with splashes of truth here and there but that info I think was true and fitting with her personality.

I don't think I've ever rolled my eyes so hard as when she started japping about GHD tellin gher she has to blow dry and deep fry her wet hair! Like. Wat. Yes, wet hair is extremely sensitive which is exactly why you have to be super careful with heat products then! Letting it air dry was always and will always be the best thing you can do for your hair, Amelia, wtf. Just how dumb can she be? Rhetorical question obvi. :'D
It's based on the new research that came out in one of the scientific journals. It's not BS.

I’m just going to throw it out there that I don’t understand why it’s such a big deal what her background is? Does anyone really care if she is Jewish or Arab? I don’t get why it matters so much. Quite sad if it matters in “business”
Because it's like a black person pretending to be not black, would you not think it's ridiculous, self-hating and disrespectful? It's not like she's lying that she is Swedish and in fact she's Danish (but I'm sure even that would be offensive based on history between the 2 countries).

The discussion turns always to "religion", but Judaism isn't just a religion, it's not just faith. It's a cultural heritage and there are plenty of Jews, who are atheists, but still identifiy as Jewish. With Judaism it's not as clear cut "just a religion" as it is with other religions.
It's ethnicity too, it's a race of people.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Finally got around to watching the vlog where she explains "moving". I must admit, I'm quite jealous I can't just waltz off to be with my parents in a large country house.

But L O L at the covid testing spot. #relatable

• Haha
Reactions: 3
If that is true then of course I retrieve my statement and call myself an idiot but do you have an actual source?
My hairdresser has been saying to me for years you should never tie up wet hair as it’s very bad for your hair and also your scalp can get fungal! She says dry with the hairdryer a bit and leave the ends a bit damp if I really can’t be bothered!

ETA - If she hadn’t said that I would have thought that the GHD line was a marketing ploy.

My hairdresser has been saying to me for years you should never tie up wet hair as it’s very bad for your hair and also your scalp can get fungal! She says dry with the hairdryer a bit and leave the ends a bit damp if I really can’t be bothered!

ETA - If she hadn’t said that I would have thought that the GHD line was a marketing ploy.
Yeah but she said that in regards to tying your hair up. I mean she says what I said, namely that wet hair is super sensitive and more prone to damage than dry hair. Hence it's probably less bad for your hair to dry it a bit with the hair dryer and then tie it up instead of just tying wet hair up. It should be left alone to dry (untied aka left alone). As before I would honestly love to see studies that dispute the wet/dry hair thing. (That comes off as condescending but I mean it because then I'd def adjust my hair care. :D)

Reactions: 4
Truer words were never spoken

Guys, the Amelia of YouTube is a complete creation— it’s almost like a character she’s made up and she uses ‘her’ to profit. Her actual, real life is always quite separate from the YouTube Amelia, but of course she uses her life as the basis for it, so things overlap and she shares elements of her real self so that it appears real. But for the most part she creates settings, feelings, events, to sell on YouTube. She doesn’t actually ‘care’ about this false life so she can do these weird things and doesn’t see the issue nor can she ever anticipate when people will see how fake it is, because it’s all fake anyway. The last real thing she shared was her engagement and I’m sure that convinced her to never do it again lol.

This whole strategy could work decently well but Amelia is not smart at all and so she is embarassingly bad at being logical, realistic, and consistent, she does blatantly weird and illogical things, things that the average viewer can easily see through if they want to or tried to. It’s why the Christmas gift videos keep coming up in discussion— the whole thing is so stupid and transparent, and yet she and her fans just act as though it all makes sense. Most people who faked a Christmas video would realize they should at least upload it the next morning, but Amelia is both greedy and dumb and doesn‘t have the ability to pull it off. The biggest consequence she faced for this was the photoshopping scandal and even for that, she pretended she didn’t really do anything wrong.

She is always pretending to be places she isn’t, pretending she feels a way she doesn’t, pretending to have plans and decisions that don’t exist. When she can’t maintain a lie anymore (pretending she isn’t going back and forth from country to London), she makes up another one that sounds interesting enough— no, she’s out flitting about to mansions as she pleases, she’s moved! That’s why her acting is so over the top and cringey, her real feelings aren’t actually on display, so she is putting on an act that she thinks people want to see. But she feels no actual need to be honest.

Finally got around to watching the vlog where she explains "moving". I must admit, I'm quite jealous I can't just waltz off to be with my parents in a large country house.

But L O L at the covid testing spot. #relatable
Maybe Daddy (or "Abi" as our Arab habibti would call him 😜 ) instructed her to move her bony ass to the countryside after last year's scandals. The least amount of people Amelia comes into contact with, the less bullying / lying / bad behaviour she gets into ...

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.