Amelia Liana #2 More like Ad-melia Lie-ana

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember seeing the clip and seeing the framed item but I thought it looked like cursive Hebrew. I'm still leaning that her mother's side of the family are Persian Jews. Her father is pretty observant. Not saying people don't marry out of their faith but the odds are slimmer. And Carol is very involved in Jewish charities. That might have come about from a marriage (or even if she converted) but the fact that Amelia has always dated Jewish men makes me think their family is inclined that way. Could be Rachel's husband was not Jewish. The Jewish line is commonly traced through the mother (although modern thinking is anybody who identifies as Jewish is 100% Jewish).
I have to agree. I think intermarriage is very rare in that generation. And I know god is spelled "allah" - so could it just have meant god for her and not necessarily the Muslim god?

Reactions: 4
I might be in the minority here but to be frank.. I feel a bit icky reading us scrutinize her ethnic/religious background this way.

Also Jewish people don't name God out of respect so they would write it G-d if need be. So I highly doubt it.. it was a religious Islamic piece but she might just enjoy having it without thinking too much about it.

Reactions: 14
I might be in the minority here but to be frank.. I feel a bit icky reading us scrutinize her ethnic/religious background this way.

Also Jewish people don't name God out of respect so they would write it G-d if need be. So I highly doubt it.. it was a religious Islamic piece but she might just enjoy having it without thinking too much about it.
It's a common Jewish trade to scrutinise someone's background and how Jewish they are. We look for 'our people'.

Reactions: 9

Amelia's religion is fair game to query and scrutinize because she not only lies about it, but goes out of her way to lie about it. Her fake persona is used to sell things. But she makes it like it is her real life. That she's an "arab girl" or pretends to celebrate Christmas.

Reactions: 5
It's a common Jewish trade to scrutinise someone's background and how Jewish they are. We look for 'our people'.
Haha YES we do.

I believe this is only the case when there is a possibility of erasing it. So art is fair game.

Reactions: 1
So her new vlog is about how she is changing her life.. the teaser on instagram is: "so i decided to change my life"...

Seriously guys I suffered through 30 minutes of her blubbing about her usual superficial stupid nonsense and there is nothing about her changing her life apart from the fact that she doesn't know if she's gonna stay a month or 6 months in their rented château!

And she doesn't know if she will keep her appartement.. after torturing us for months about the renovation of her shroooooom...

And that she is so happy that the restaurants are gonna open soon cause she suffered so much from this pandemic and not seing people.. wait.. what? new nails each week.. meeting her friends.. her family.. now her vacation in the English countryside.. huh?!

And duck it but the rooms in that mansion have names!!!

Give us a break for the love of whatever higher power you worship woman! Might that be God, Channel or Charlotte Tilbury!

(hormony sunday rant over)

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
That was an awful vlog. The bit about the dog eating the other’s poo! Why share that?

• Sick
Does we think she’s paying for the house in London, you’re talking £4-5K+ a month for that kind of property and location, and to be in the Manor House while not knowing if you have work coming up puts in perspective the level of money flying out the window.

Does anyone know much about the rented Manor House? Surely for 2-3 people it’s hugely excessive? I suspect more people are in the house but she has been keeping it quiet

Reactions: 7
It's weird her stories show her in the country house today... when I saw her in kensington gardens this morning walking duke lol 🙃 no idea why she ever got into the habit of hiding the timings of events/where she is

• Wow
Reactions: 15
It's weird her stories show her in the country house today... when I saw her in kensington gardens this morning walking duke lol 🙃 no idea why she ever got into the habit of hiding the timings of events/where she is
Really? On mother’s day? Bet she’ll go back and forth and we won’t know about it but weird to be in London away from your mum today of all days.

Really? On mother’s day? Bet she’ll go back and forth and we won’t know about it but weird to be in London away from your mum today of all days.
Especially when the supposed reason she moved was to move in with her mother to go the mothers day campaigns!!

Reactions: 8
honestly you guys, I’m glad I unsubscribed to her Ad party..
she is absolutely ridiculous... she decided to change her life by moving in a place her parents must be paying ... cut the crap woman with this mental health BS.
she is a spoiled brat. Period. I HATE THAT SHE SHOVES HER CAMERA IN TO HER JEWELRY PIECES ... every chance she gets.
CHEAP ASS JEWELRY.. she is super ignorant of the sensitive time period we are living in. She keeps tapping she is grateful. I AM SURE, she doesn’t know tit about being grateful ....

Reactions: 15
Interesting! Can anyone else confirm this?
I remember someone from another gossip website had a link to her mother's family tree and they were definitely Persian Jews, I think her father's side was of Indian Jewish background and English.

Reactions: 4
So a couple of things....

1) Amelia Liana Sopher is Jewish - Amelia’s heritage is on display for everyone to see and read. If you go back to the beginning of this thread the website which has her entire family tree is mentioned. She can not hide the fact that she is Jewish. Amelia is hiding it because she is not comfortable with who she is. Whether or not she is Jewish cannot be debated when it is clearly shown in her family tree.

https://www.farhi.org/genealogy/index.html

2) Amelia is not honest - Do people not remember her photoshop scandal?!? Did people already forget that she went to Costa Rica “to shoot” Ramei!!?!? Did people forget that she preforms most of her content!?!? Amelia is notorious for pretending to be somewhere she is not and pretending to be someone she is not. I believe it was Guy who said in one of her vlogs that she is not the person who she is on her channel.

3) Amelia is not intelligent - Have people forgotten that her and Hannah used to be locked in a room as children and were not allowed out until she learned something? (The room was probably the same of a flat but still). I believe that Amelia is laughing all the way to the bank. I highly doubt that she is not a shrewd business owner where ever detail is meticulously planned out. I feel like she is the type that would not care who she has to step on or take advance of to be successful.

4) Amelia is the same person on and off of social media - Her entire online personality is an act. Amelia portrays a dumb, sick, funny and struggling human because she wants to be seen as relatable. And, the worst thing is that people believe this is who she is. Do people actually believe that she had to “save for years” for her nose job?!?! I am positive that her monthly trust fund payment would cover it along with all of her other expenses.

5) Lockdown/Covid-19 - Amelia has suffered in lockdown and during this entire pandemic. I can say this because her life revolves around shopping, travelling and eating out (or pretending to eat while out with friends). She has NOTHING else in her life besides walking Duke, visiting with her family for their weekly dinners and maintaining her online personality. Her life is empty and only appears full. Someone wrote at the beginning of this thread how she really doesn’t fit in anywhere in London’s circles and that is quite evident.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
So a couple of things....

1) Amelia Liana Sopher is Jewish - Amelia’s heritage is on display for everyone to see and read. If you go back to the beginning of this thread the website which has her entire family tree is mentioned. She can not hide the fact that she is Jewish. Amelia is hiding it because she is not comfortable with who she is. Whether or not she is Jewish cannot be debated when it is clearly shown in her family tree.

https://www.farhi.org/genealogy/index.html

2) Amelia is not honest - Do people not remember her photoshop scandal?!? Did people already forget that she went to Costa Rica “to shoot” Ramei!!?!? Did people forget that she preforms most of her content!?!? Amelia is notorious for pretending to be somewhere she is not and pretending to be someone she is not. I believe it was Guy who said in one of her vlogs that she is not the person who she is on her channel.

3) Amelia is not intelligent - Have people forgotten that her and Hannah used to be locked in a room as children and were not allowed out until she learned something? (The room was probably the same of a flat but still). I believe that Amelia is laughing all the way to the bank. I highly doubt that she is not a shrewd business owner where ever detail is meticulously planned out. I feel like she is the type that would not care who she has to step on or take advance of to be successful.

4) Amelia is the same person on and off of social media - Her entire online personality is an act. Amelia portrays a dumb, sick, funny and struggling human because she wants to be seen as relatable. And, the worst thing is that people believe this is who she is. Do people actually believe that she had to “save for years” for her nose job?!?! I am positive that her monthly trust fund payment would cover it along with all of her other expenses.

5) Lockdown/Covid-19 - Amelia has suffered in lockdown and during this entire pandemic. I can say this because her life revolves around shopping, travelling and eating out (or pretending to eat while out with friends). She has NOTHING else in her life besides walking Duke, visiting with her family for their weekly dinners and maintaining her online personality. Her life is empty and only appears full. Someone wrote at the beginning of this thread how she really doesn’t fit in anywhere in London’s circles and that is quite evident.
I think it all just comes down to authenticity, she is entitled to her privacy especially if her job is so public but I would prefer if she was just honest about her privilege and heritage and just owns it. Lying about even saving for a penny is a quite insulting to the audience.
Sharing the fact she’s in a massive Manor House is actually quite refreshing but lying about where you are is surely unnecessary? I’m not sure if it comes down to wanting to retain the most profitable persona or afraid of hate but inauthenticity comes across so much worse than anything else and it’s so easy to spot! I expect it’s more detrimental to her profits being inauthentic than showing vulnerability and honesty

Reactions: 6
So many inaccurate comments about Amelia Liana's background even from other Jews. Amelia Liana belongs to a small subsection of a subsection of the Jewish community. Her family are from Iraq, India and Iran (many Iranians Jews, Christians and Muslims refer to themselves as Persians as a way of subtly defining that they do not approve of the current political regime).

Her family are technically known as Mizrachi Jews but Mizrachi Jews follow a particular set of traditions and worship. Many Mizrachi Jews (including my husband whose family are also from Iraq) are not members of a Mizrachi community but members of the Spanish & Portuguese community. The S&P is one of the oldest Jewish communities in the UK and was started by refugees from Spain and Portugal fleeing the Spanish Inquisition in about 1492. In present times, Mizrachi Jews who have joined the S&P and followed the S&P traditions refer to themselves as Arab Jews - including my husband. It's a sort of, if you know you know situation and is a subtle difference like referring yourself Persian.

I can absolutely understand why Amelia Liana doesn't like to write about being Jewish on Social Media. Have you any idea what is is like for Jews on the internet? Go have a look at Tracy-Ann Oberman or Rachel Riley's accounts - it's a nightmare. She's not lying, she's choosing to keep things private. I'm hoping that this now clears up the tattle about her background. If anyone has any further questions I would be happy to answer them but please take into account that I do not know her.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
So many inaccurate comments about Amelia Liana's background even from other Jews. Amelia Liana belongs to a small subsection of a subsection of the Jewish community. Her family are from Iraq, India and Iran (many Iranians Jews, Christians and Muslims refer to themselves as Persians as a way of subtly defining that they do not approve of the current political regime).

Her family are technically known as Mizrachi Jews but Mizrachi Jews follow a particular set of traditions and worship. Many Mizrachi Jews (including my husband whose family are also from Iraq) are not members of a Mizrachi community but members of the Spanish & Portuguese community. The S&P is one of the oldest Jewish communities in the UK and was started by refugees from Spain and Portugal fleeing the Spanish Inquisition in about 1492. In present times, Mizrachi Jews who have joined the S&P and followed the S&P traditions refer to themselves as Arab Jews - including my husband. It's a sort of, if you know you know situation and is a subtle difference like referring yourself Persian.

I can absolutely understand why Amelia Liana doesn't like to write about being Jewish on Social Media. Have you any idea what is is like for Jews on the internet? Go have a look at Tracy-Ann Oberman or Rachel Riley's accounts - it's a nightmare. She's not lying, she's choosing to keep things private. I'm hoping that this now clears up the tattle about her background. If anyone has any further questions I would be happy to answer them but please take into account that I do not know her.
Thank you for coming on to explain your view of this. I have family who are Persian Jews (the same subsection you mention) and it's interesting to learn more. And yes, I am Jewish so I do understand how much anti-semitism is online. I can't imagine calling myself "Arab girl." (My family was originally from Russia/Hungary/Austria/Britain - I wouldn't call myself a "Russian girl" either) I can't imagine my sister's sister-in-law doing that. Or her mother-in-law, who fought for the Israeli Army. Not in a million years. Note that you say your husband's family calls themselves "Arab Jews." You see, they include the Jewish part. They don't just call themselves "Arabs" (not that there's anything wrong with being Arab). It's not Amelia's attempt to keep her background and religion private. It's her lying about it. Going out of her way to pretend to be something she's not. Trading on her fake persona to sell things. That's two different things.

For example, Amelia videos herself at a dinner for YouTube. Calls it a "family dinner" yet one can clearly see her father at the head of the table, kippah on, prayer book open, kiddush cup at the ready in what is obviously a shabbat dinner. Why have that at all if you are trying to be private about your religion? Or she shows her mother at an event getting honored for her work with a charity and she doesn't even mention the charity's name. Why? Because it's the largest Jewish charity in Britain. Why show it at all if she wants to be private. Or maybe she should have named the charity because it might have inspired her followers to donate or get involved. Or she's at a "family gathering" and you can hear the horah and it's obviously somebody's Bar or Bat Mitzvah. Why have that at all? And then on the flip side, she puts out a jewelry line of Hindu-inspired items and she goes on about her family being part Indian. That's cultural appropriation. She's not Hindu. And she's not connected to her "Indian side." She actually launched the line on Diwali and she didn't even mention it!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.