Amelia Liana #2 More like Ad-melia Lie-ana

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
...you just said that your relatives are PERSIAN jews, so ofc they wouldnt call themselves arab jews. Arab Jews basically means jews from arab countries, so like Iraq. Persia/Iran is NOT an arab country. And persian jews are basically mizrachi jews who live in Iran. You say there is nothing wrong with being an Arab but you seem very triggered that Amelia call herself an Arab. No wonder Arab jews/Mizrachi in Israel have to erase their arab identity because they are afraid of ppl like u. Lets not forget how Ashkenazi put Mizrachi jews (read: very rich and educated) in refugee camps when Israel was founded, while the Ashkenazi (read most were poor) were given many privileges. Also interesting u dont identify with Russia, my russian jews call themselves Russians.
I am triggered by people lying.
I don't call myself a "Russian girl" in the casual identifying way Amelia is calling herself an "Arab girl" but of course I identify as having Russian roots - this comes out in the foods and customs and a fondness for Russian hockey and tennis players ;) If Amelia was honest about her background and her religion, which is a very central part of her family life, and then tossed off that she was an Arab girl it would be one thing. It's her going out of her way to pretend she's not Jewish. To the point where she deletes even the most innocent mentioning of Judiasm on her social media channel comments.

And of course, I recognize people who do identify themselves as "Arab Jews" I never said I didn't. That's you reading into something and wanting a fight. What I'm saying is most Jewish people have that qualifier. It's "Arab Jews" and not just "Arab." In fact, if you do a Google search on "Arab Jews" you don't find much. Because most people who are Jewish and live in an Arab country would call themselves a "Moroccan Jew" or "Egyptian Jew." And I don't normally quote Wikipedia but this is what it says regarding "Arab Jew": "The term is controversial, as the vast majority of Jews with origins in Arab-majority countries do not identify as Arabs, and most Jews who lived amongst Arabs did not call themselves "Arab Jews" or view themselves as such." The page includes the following citation: https://forward.com/opinion/12786/there-is-more-to-the-arab-jews-controversy-t-01372/

Reactions: 4
...you just said that your relatives are PERSIAN jews, so ofc they wouldnt call themselves arab jews. Arab Jews basically means jews from arab countries, so like Iraq. Persia/Iran is NOT an arab country. And persian jews are basically mizrachi jews who live in Iran. You say there is nothing wrong with being an Arab but you seem very triggered that Amelia call herself an Arab. No wonder Arab jews/Mizrachi in Israel have to erase their arab identity because they are afraid of ppl like u. Lets not forget how Ashkenazi put Mizrachi jews (read: very rich and educated) in refugee camps when Israel was founded, while the Ashkenazi (read most were poor) were given many privileges. Also interesting u dont identify with Russia, my russian jews call themselves Russians.
The reason Jews from Arab countries do not call themselves Arab Jews is sadly because they were oppressed by the majority population - Arabs. Yes - some Jews from Arab countries refer to themselves as such, but it VERY rare.

I think the issue stems from the fact that her identity changes whenever it's convenient for her - she's all of a sudden an "Arab girl" when she's trying to sell her Arab culturally appropriated cheap ass jewelry.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The reason Jews from Arab countries do not call themselves Arab Jews is sadly because they were oppressed by the majority population - Arabs. Yes - some Jews from Arab countries refer to themselves as such, but it VERY rare.

I think the issue stems from the fact that her identity changes whenever it's convenient for her - she's all of a sudden an "Arab girl" when she's trying to sell her Arab culturally appropriated cheap ass jewelry.
Well, not everyone was oppressed. Iraqi Jews were in the parliament/politics, the leader of the national bank was jewish, and were an important part of the culture and society. If you are referring to political changes that led to hate and people leaving, but that happens in every country, all groups in society were affected. Anyways we all knows it is linked to Palestine/arab brotherhood vs zionism. Thats why Iranian Jews have no issue with calling themselves iranian jews.

But I agree that Amelia is fake and only cares about money, no real substance.

Reactions: 4
I am triggered by people lying.
I don't call myself a "Russian girl" in the casual identifying way Amelia is calling herself an "Arab girl" but of course I identify as having Russian roots - this comes out in the foods and customs and a fondness for Russian hockey and tennis players ;) If Amelia was honest about her background and her religion, which is a very central part of her family life, and then tossed off that she was an Arab girl it would be one thing. It's her going out of her way to pretend she's not Jewish. To the point where she deletes even the most innocent mentioning of Judiasm on her social media channel comments.

And of course, I recognize people who do identify themselves as "Arab Jews" I never said I didn't. That's you reading into something and wanting a fight. What I'm saying is most Jewish people have that qualifier. It's "Arab Jews" and not just "Arab." In fact, if you do a Google search on "Arab Jews" you don't find much. Because most people who are Jewish and live in an Arab country would call themselves a "Moroccan Jew" or "Egyptian Jew." And I don't normally quote Wikipedia but this is what it says regarding "Arab Jew": "The term is controversial, as the vast majority of Jews with origins in Arab-majority countries do not identify as Arabs, and most Jews who lived amongst Arabs did not call themselves "Arab Jews" or view themselves as such." The page includes the following citation: https://forward.com/opinion/12786/there-is-more-to-the-arab-jews-controversy-t-01372/
I get it! :) Anyways one cannot become jewish or arab, you have to born as one. For example, Jews come from Isac and Arabs from Ishmael. But I have met people who are related to Abraham through both Isac and Ishmael(their families converted):

Reactions: 1
I remember, when organising her wedding (vlog), Amelia said there was an aunt who had more traditional religious views re the wedding and she was not into it, she explained to be spiritual and didn't define her beliefs. I always understood that she's from a religious family and gave her hints about it but is not something she's willing to talk about or be defined by. I respect that. Religion is THE main topic to trigger war and suffering so if one wants to omit that, one can. However...
What we are all in agreement is that she's doing appropriation where convenient 😒 she could even be from all corners of the world (I get living in London is cool to be "genetically traveled" !) but she hasn't been traditionally raised in all of them, therefore she should stay away from claiming fellowship!

Reactions: 10
Why announcing new product in lingerie? Maybe it’s more relatable?
I find it more uncomfortable and desperate than relatable. I don’t chat to my friends in lacy bras, it’s odd, especially online. I didn’t realise there’s a ring or influencers now broadcasting in underwear. Maybe it’s a hope to bag some modelling jobs like the made in Chelsea types

Reactions: 9
Yes, her Grandma/ mums side must be muslims, in one of her vlogs she was having dinner at Mama Rachel’s house and there was a frame in the back that had prayers in Arabic.
Her family speak Arabic, as it's the first language for many of the older generation the translation of their Jewish prayers is also in Arabic. You'll find Christian prayers in Christian Arab households also written in Arabic. Just because you see Arabic letters, don't assume the prayer is Muslim.

The pretence of celebrating Christmas really annoys me.
I'm Jewish and am partial to some turkey on Christmas Day!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Her family speak Arabic, as it's the first language for many of the older generation the translation of their Jewish prayers is also in Arabic. You'll find Christian prayers in Christian Arab households also written in Arabic. Just because you see Arabic letters, don't assume the prayer is Muslim.

I'm Jewish and am partial to some turkey on Christmas Day!
But did you vlog a "What I got for Christmas" vid thereafter ? 😜

I really liked Amelia pre-2020, I was her biggest fan - however, 2020 opened my eyes to the "real" Amelia - the whole bullying of her pregnant hairdresser over MONTHS and then trying to sabotage the single mother's business - evidenced in Amelia's and Lydia's vlogs, the drama with the hotel she (wrongfully) put on blast and her never-ending breaking of lockdown rules plus her non-stop Ads (Raemi and every single other brand on earth). Previously, I had picked up the little white lies here and there but wow, once I looked closer, the bad behaviour was just something I could not ignore.
Her mask has slipped.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I get it! :) Anyways one cannot become jewish or arab, you have to born as one. For example, Jews come from Isac and Arabs from Ishmael. But I have met people who are related to Abraham through both Isac and Ishmael(their families converted):
Agreed, you have to be born into this
But did you vlog a "What I got for Christmas" vid thereafter ? 😜

I really liked Amelia pre-2020, I was her biggest fan - however, 2020 opened my eyes to the "real" Amelia - the whole bullying of her pregnant hairdresser over MONTHS and then trying to sabotage the single mother's business - evidenced in Amelia's and Lydia's vlogs, the drama with the hotel she (wrongfully) put on blast and her never-ending breaking of lockdown rules plus her non-stop Ads (Raemi and every single other brand on earth). Previously, I had picked up the little white lies here and there but wow, once I looked closer, the bad behaviour was just something I could not ignore.
Her mask has slipped.
I'm not going to get into that side of things. I just wanted to set the record straight about her heritage.

Reactions: 1
I feel like her already huge nostrils flair even more when she’s lying. Banging on and on about how DEAD EXCITED she is for this TV show as if it’s honestly the Royal Wedding she’s watching, or her own mother is starring in it. Calm the hell down. We can all see the paid partnership sign. It’s literally the opposite of convincing for you to ram something down our throats with dire excitement when we know you’re being PAID TO SAY IT. like just be sincere? be normal? give us normal reactions “this sounds really interesting it’s about xyz and starring so and so who was also in xyz and was really fun in it, also just when we all thought we’d run out of things to watch in the pandemic Sky Tv pulls this out of their sleeve. If u wanna watch along with me let me know what you think” IN A NORMAL NON HIGH PITCHED NASALLY OBSTRUCTED VOICE. you’re welcome Amelia.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
How about she never mentions the method of choosing a winner of her giveaway? Will it be another one of her besties or one of the most loyal followers? Another commercial trick to gain followers!

Reactions: 5
Wow seriuoaly she is meeting friends when allegedly she iw in the countryside??!!guys we should expose her!!!

Reactions: 10
I just skipped through the new video, did she say it was her father filming them whilst cooking? :'D I mean it's hilarious how she always pretends she's alone or whatever and then it cuts to a some person filming her. :'D

Reactions: 3
YT recommended this old video around 2017.. just wanted to drop this glorious classic fashion moment of our beloved Admilia Liariana
Capture d’écran 2021-03-20 à 13.44.29.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Guys, the Amelia of YouTube is a complete creation— it’s almost like a character she’s made up and she uses ‘her’ to profit. Her actual, real life is always quite separate from the YouTube Amelia, but of course she uses her life as the basis for it, so things overlap and she shares elements of her real self so that it appears real. But for the most part she creates settings, feelings, events, to sell on YouTube. She doesn’t actually ‘care’ about this false life so she can do these weird things and doesn’t see the issue nor can she ever anticipate when people will see how fake it is, because it’s all fake anyway. The last real thing she shared was her engagement and I’m sure that convinced her to never do it again lol.

This whole strategy could work decently well but Amelia is not smart at all and so she is embarassingly bad at being logical, realistic, and consistent, she does blatantly weird and illogical things, things that the average viewer can easily see through if they want to or tried to. It’s why the Christmas gift videos keep coming up in discussion— the whole thing is so stupid and transparent, and yet she and her fans just act as though it all makes sense. Most people who faked a Christmas video would realize they should at least upload it the next morning, but Amelia is both greedy and dumb and doesn‘t have the ability to pull it off. The biggest consequence she faced for this was the photoshopping scandal and even for that, she pretended she didn’t really do anything wrong.

She is always pretending to be places she isn’t, pretending she feels a way she doesn’t, pretending to have plans and decisions that don’t exist. When she can’t maintain a lie anymore (pretending she isn’t going back and forth from country to London), she makes up another one that sounds interesting enough— no, she’s out flitting about to mansions as she pleases, she’s moved! That’s why her acting is so over the top and cringey, her real feelings aren’t actually on display, so she is putting on an act that she thinks people want to see. But she feels no actual need to be honest.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.