Amelia Liana #2 More like Ad-melia Lie-ana

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is absolutely lying to avoid saying she's Jewish. It's probably one of the top 3 things that annoys me about her. I'm not going to say no Jewish person from Iraq or Iran never calls themselves an Arab. But most don't. I have family there. They would identify themselves as Jewish from that area. And she likes to say she's from India too. Sorry. Maybe she had family that moved there and maybe even represented the country in the Olympics (people haven't been able to confirm that) but she doesn't celebrate Indian culture. Case in point. Her jewelry line was just coincidentally launched on Diwali and she never even mentioned it. I'm sure somebody who strongly identifies with their Indian heritage would have mentioned the holiday. In her VLOG she often hides that she's having a Shabbat dinner by calling it a "family dinner" or attending a cousin's Bat Mitzvah or Bar Mitzvah is a "party." Or when she failed to say the charity that was honoring her mother for her work with them. It's a Jewish charity. Or when she gave her mother her "Christmas present" on Chanukah (so very early for a Christmas present). Calling herself a "fellow Arab girl"? I'm sorry. There's no way a Jewish person, even if they lived in UAE (for example) would say that. Especially somebody who comes from an obviously observant family. I'm sympathetic if she doesn't want to mention being Jewish because of antisemitism. It's on the rise, too. But why mention being Arab. Just say you're British. She is. It's the lying. I would never pretend to be Christian. I just couldn't do it. But I could avoid talking religion or background. That's what she could do. And while I'm sympathetic to her being scared to face antisemitism, I also think she should just be open about who she is. Maybe that's a step towards loving herself a little bit more. Sorry. I've been a lurker for years about this topic. Had lots to say!
PREACH!! It’s not the fact that she does not want to admit to a certain heritage out of fear of antisemitism, it’s the fact that she claims EVERY heritage besides Jewish! Like girl stop!
This has been annoying me for YEARS. She has such deep rooted issues and I’m sure her multiple nose jobs also have to do with her wanting to look less Jewish. I also remember her going to try on wedding dresses with her mom in Tel Aviv and vlogging it but completely ignoring the fact they were in Israel. What I think makes it even stranger is the fact that many of her friends like Guy and Liv are openly Jewish (and proud of it) on social media

Just wanted to add that I don’t understand she claims to be “Arab” but is ashamed of being Jewish. I’m from Belgium and over here there is MUCH more racism towards Arabs than towards
Jews. People will claim that all Arabs are dangerous muslim terrorists but generally don’t have much issues with Jews

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
I'm glad you're interested. As for this conversation relating to Amelia - she is NOT Arab. She is of Mizrahi Jewish heritage from Persia and Iraq. She had family that moved to India but they immigrated from the Middle East. I don't care how much she lies. She's not "an arab girl." Jews are a people of the diaspora. Meaning, we were forced to move around, mostly due to prejudice. Some stayed in the middle east, these are Mizrahi and some other sects. Other's moved to Northern and Eastern Europe (also including Northern France and Northern Germany etc...) - these are Ashkenazi Jews. Those who were in Constantinople and then moved to Spain and "moorish" countries are Sephardic Jews. There are Jews in Africa, notably Ethiopia. Evidently, when studied, Jewish people from Italy are also a separate sect. It is fascinating. Jewish people can be white, brown, Black... Each sect has their own spin on Jewish customs. Reading the cookbooks by Judith Nathan is a fun way to learn about the different cultures of Jews as she writes about the different foods from each region. For example, I've never had the rice that Amelia loves so much. My family is Ashkenazi and the traditional food we have is closer to Eastern European foods: chicken soup, bagels, chopped liver, noodle kugel, brisket, rugelach (wonderful rolled up cookies), challah etc... Anyway, this is all very rudimentary and it's definitely a subject for deeper study. I'm not doing it justice.

Why does she lie? Some people have suggested it's for business reasons. She says she's "an arab" girl or from India to curry favor with a client base. Maybe. I think it is two-fold. A big reason is anti-semitism, which is on the rise. It has always been and unfortunately has been getting worse. And alas, it comes from many sides. People to the right of the political spectrum bring up old tropes of Jewish people and conspiracy theories. On the left, people conflate Jewish people with Israel. And blame Jews for things the Israeli government does. I have no doubt that if Amelia showed Jewish customs and talked about being Jewish (along with all of her friends and boyfriends), she'd get comments on her posts, whether it's a non-sequitur of "free Palestine" (not debating the political situation, but I see this even when there's just a post about a Jewish person) or the old hate standby of "Illuminati." So I get she wants to avoid all of that.

And a more deeply personal reason, if I were to play armchair psychologist, is that Amelia has always compared herself to the aristocratic people she went to school with and/or rubbed up against socially. She's not the granddaughter of an Earl like her friend Philippa (and when he dies, she'll be Lady Philippa). You never see Amelia at Philippa's shooting parties where the guests are the son of Baron Astor of Hever (Charles Astor and his wife Princess Eliane of Belgium) or the Marquis of Blandford, or the grandson of Baron Tollemache (David). Nor is Amelia part of the Jewish aristocracy. Her father works for Lord Rothschild, Amelia and Hannah are not hanging with that crowd either. Britain is a Christian society. And European features have been the most celebrated for a long time. I'm sure Amelia wished her nose was smaller, her skin lighter...it's sad but I understand it. I wish she would come to peace with her looks. And peace with being Jewish publicly. When she's pimping products for Christmas presents, why can't she also pimp products for Chanukah? ;) Who knows, maybe there's a group of young Sephardic or Mizrahi girls who would love to see an influencer who looks like them and proudly proclaim their heritage instead of lying.
Thank you so much for the explanation. Very informative. Shows you that with all their wealth and privilege, Amelia also has to fight against prejudices and stereotypes.
I, however, am still disgusted that she and Lydia with a group of other girls attempted to sabotage Nicky Lazou's business. That is unforgivable. I wonder if her parents and sister are aware of what she schemed and plotted with Lydia ?

Reactions: 5
I’m from Belgium and over here there is MUCH more racism towards Arabs than towards Jews. People will claim that all Arabs are dangerous muslim terrorists but generally don’t have much issues with Jews
Yes same here in UK and other European countries where I have lived. I don't get it.

I've seen this particular design all over AliExpress
1613420780308.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Her team shops the market and knocks off other designs, don't be fooled kids that Amelia is taking inspiration and drawing, designing and executing something out of her own mind.

Reactions: 11
Her jewelry looks like the stuff they sell in one's local yoga studio gift shop. And I hate when she does market research from her followers. bleeping pay for that. She's super wealthy and she's asking her followers to work for free. Screw that. Today on her stories her face looks like she had fillers, which I mention not to beauty shame her, but to point out it is yet another time she's obviously broken lockdown. It's interesting. The people I hear bitching about lockdowns and quarantines are mostly rich people such as Amelia. It's like they've never been told no in their entire lives. They've always done exactly what they've wanted, when they wanted to do it and how they want to do it. You see them on TV or on social media going, "people die all the time. Like, it's just old people who were going to die anyway. I'm not being heartless. I'm just being realistic. I care about the economy." Like they give a tit about real working people. What they hate is all their event business or pr crap is cancelled. Or that they can't get away from being pampered at their country estate and need to get away to the Maldives or South of France to get pampered. They're bored of baking bread and pretending to put together six course meals singlehandedly while a maid or cook skulks out of the shot doing most of the work. OK, that's my Workers of the World Unite rant.

Reactions: 17
Even more beach pictures. Why aren’t people picking up on this?
Also I know it is not nice to bash someone on her physique but honestly I prefer her old nose. Now it looks so fake and too short for her face in my opinion. I am sure that she's satisfied with it as she legit has the typical fake "arab" nose that girls want to get done 🤣

Reactions: 6
Her team shops the market and knocks off other designs, don't be fooled kids that Amelia is taking inspiration and drawing, designing and executing something out of her own mind.
I actually think they buy ready made designs and don't bother knocking anything off, too much effort

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Probably just better at deleting comments, I left one on her business account it was gone within minutes

why nobody says nothingggggg to her as whit fleur??!!!??!!!!??
Well, Fleur got exposed by a person with seemingly a burner Instagram account who went berserk and commented all over the place (even her mother’s account I think). Now, while I really don’t think what Amelia did is okay, I don’t think I’ll make another account and devote my days to calling her out. I guess her team is at it deleting comments, and she’s being very sneaky in just posting the pictures that are undoubtedly on a non-UK beach (that is, the ones she can’t lie about) on stories.

Reactions: 5
LOLL at her bag video where she said that she had used her Dior book tote heaps this year but then immediately corrects herself by saying last year because we're only in February...was this a Freudian slip/confirmation that she was overseas? Not that it should matter because I interpret this as her confirming that she was travelling last year when more than half of the world was in lockdown. Also, this is just my 2 cents, if an influenza is going to travel during a pandemic, at least vlog about it and give your audience an escape — ala Valeria Lipovetsky in Costa Rica, perhaps?

Well, Fleur got exposed by a person with seemingly a burner Instagram account who went berserk and commented all over the place (even her mother’s account I think). Now, while I really don’t think what Amelia did is okay, I don’t think I’ll make another account and devote my days to calling her out. I guess her team is at it deleting comments, and she’s being very sneaky in just posting the pictures that are undoubtedly on a non-UK beach (that is, the ones she can’t lie about) on stories.
I think it had less to do with that one person going on a rampage and more with people perceiving Fleur as "genuine/real/down to earth" whatever you wanna call it and with her making a little comeback specifiaclly with her lockdown Vlogs positioning herself as "one of us". That made it a lot worse when it came out it was all a sham whereas with Amelia, everyone knows she's kinda fabricating her life on youtube, lies and didn't make these blatant "Hei, we're all in this together blablabla" type of Vlogs. Also Amelia is just good with people if she wants to be and no doubt is deleting every single comment regarding any major lockdown breaches.

Reactions: 4
Also I know it is not nice to bash someone on her physique but honestly I prefer her old nose. Now it looks so fake and too short for her face in my opinion. I am sure that she's satisfied with it as she legit has the typical fake "arab" nose that girls want to get done 🤣
I think her nose is fine but I also think it’s not the typical post surgery Arab nose (you know those noses that are so perfectly sculpted and clearly from surgery that you see on some girls). That’s probably what she wanted but it’s not what she got. it’s like khloe kardashians ski slope nose which didn’t make her look more attractive but made her features look off. Think if Amelia has just removed the bump or whatever it was that was bothering her it and left the rest it would have been in harmony with her other features. Now it looks like someone has taken a nose from a box of spare noses and stuck it on her face. Doesn’t seem her surgeon understood aesthetics very well

you know I never really focused on her nose before, I think she has never understood how to apply eye make up to suit her eye shape /structure and that’s always been a thing she could’ve improved with make up etc

that and her nasal voice - this is why I watched like 3 videos in total, never again

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Probably just better at deleting comments, I left one on her business account it was gone within minutes
Did you get blocked? I did. 😂 I was responding to people’s questions and including the words Costa Rica in them.

Q: Where did you get your nails done in lockdown?

Me: Maybe she got them done in Costa Rica when she was there.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Popped over from Lydia's thread just to say that her jewellery line looks like it belongs in Claire's Accessories. The type of stuff to turn your skin green

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
LOLL at her bag video where she said that she had used her Dior book tote heaps this year but then immediately corrects herself by saying last year because we're only in February...was this a Freudian slip/confirmation that she was overseas? Not that it should matter because I interpret this as her confirming that she was travelling last year when more than half of the world was in lockdown. Also, this is just my 2 cents, if an influenza is going to travel during a pandemic, at least vlog about it and give your audience an escape — ala Valeria Lipovetsky in Costa Rica, perhaps?
Beach pics WITH the new nose so it’s clear she traveled during a lockdown period. 🤦🏾‍♀️
She did travel LOADS during lockdown. She had multiple vacations to Italy including her family one which was plastered all over IG, the weekend getaways with friends that we only hinted at during stories, does anyone have any screenshots?, I remember one of them was to Italy and now there is Costa Rica. It makes me wonder....where else did she go that we haven't discovered yet.

She has been getting her nails done, she even went during lockdown with her sister to get their eyebrows done and filmed it for a vlog.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.