Alison Perry

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wonder what her big life change is that she alluded to. A house move? Husband getting a job cos the twins will be starting school in September? šŸ¤”

Reactions: 4
I wonder if the big life change she is teasing about is getting those little girls out of nappies/pull-ups in the daytime.
Perhaps theyā€™ll move house to have a spare room for grandparent/childcare live-in. I mean, poor old Alison is always so busy arse-kissing people on social media and jumping on bandwagons, she ainā€™t got time for those kids!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Genuinely canā€™t help but wonder if sheā€™s not potty training them purely for another book as ā€œitā€™s so hard being a parent as I was ridiculed online for not potty trainingā€

• Haha
  • Heart
Wonder what her big life change is that she alluded to. A house move? Husband getting a job cos the twins will be starting school in September? šŸ¤”
I think you're right and husband is getting a job. They'll frame it as 'twins getting older, starting school, time is right' but actually cost of living probably creeping up for them too (like it is everyone) and the 'influencing' career is not quite as lucrative or reliable as it once was.

Reactions: 5
Why is complaining about her childcare bill, her husband doesn't work! Childcare is an optional extra for her..she's just showing how privileged she is. Ā£35k on something they don't event need! Her own 'job' is surely very flexible too.

I am a big supporter of the Pregnant and Skewed campaign, and agree the cost of childcare is eye watering, but read the room Alison!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Theyā€™d be eligible for at least 15 hours anyway. Why would they need to pay for more than that when heā€™s a stay at home dad?

Reactions: 10
I'm so confused! Why does she need childcare when the father is a stay at home parent?? They would both get 15 hours a week free too so why do they need extra?

Reactions: 7
I'm so confused! Why does she need childcare when the father is a stay at home parent?? They would both get 15 hours a week free too so why do they need extra?
Neither of them could POSSIBLY look after their own offspring

• Angry
Just doing the maths Ā£35,670 spent on childcare between the ages of 1 and 4. That's Ā£5945 spent on childcare, per child per year. They're spending around Ā£500 per month on childcare, that's over and above the free hours, so maybe an additional 2 days a week. So they've pretty much got those twins in full time childcare, or at least 4 days a week on those sums.

I can understand using the free hours, it's good for children's development and I can possibly see why you might book one day a week to get a break when they are very little, but near enough full time childcare when you have one parent at home full time šŸ˜±. I can't believe she has the cheek to moan about this cost as she doesn't need to pay it. Most people rely on childcare for work and quote often it wipes out nearly a whole income, she is so detached from the real world.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
In the comments she says 26k is from when her eldest was little and they were both working full time. They way she's presented it is in the reel is a bit disingenuous. I think it would have more impact for the campaign to say we could only make childcare work financially if one of us have up our job rather than try to join the bandwagon of sharing high childcare costs when they haven't been using it to the same extent.

Reactions: 8
Shock horror that Alison bends the facts to suit her reel agenda. Sheā€™s just a fake.

• Angry
Reactions: 7
In the comments she says 26k is from when her eldest was little and they were both working full time. They way she's presented it is in the reel is a bit disingenuous. I think it would have more impact for the campaign to say we could only make childcare work financially if one of us have up our job rather than try to join the bandwagon of sharing high childcare costs when they haven't been using it to the same extent.
Her eldest is 12!! She's really bending the facts there, I do support her point childcare is so expensive but yeah she could have explained that better.

I'm sorry but this really irritates me. Why is every time a 'person of colour' is involved that racism is brought into it?? You CANNOT chose a pm based on his/her colour it isn't about that! Its based on how well they could potentially help the country recover etc. (Whether he will be good I have no idea) sharing stuff calling people 'people of colour' only causes more issues. Why do we have celebrate because it was a non white person? Isn't that causing divide making out that we didn't elect him cus of racism?? It couldn't possibly be because people didn't notice his colour....and just generally thought he wasn't the person for the job?? The more we don't categorise people as people of colour and just treat them as a person with no skin colour the less this whole racism thing will be an issue. It just causes more divide!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I'm sorry but this really irritates me. Why is every time a 'person of colour' is involved that racism is brought into it?? You CANNOT chose a pm based on his/her colour it isn't about that! Its based on how well they could potentially help the country recover etc. (Whether he will be good I have no idea) sharing stuff calling people 'people of colour' only causes more issues. Why do we have celebrate because it was a non white person? Isn't that causing divide making out that we didn't elect him cus of racism?? It couldn't possibly be because people didn't notice his colour....and just generally thought he wasn't the person for the job?? The more we don't categorise people as people of colour and just treat them as a person with no skin colour the less this whole racism thing will be an issue. It just causes more divide!
But this comment is like saying I just donā€™t see colour!, a comment that is outdated as it didnā€™t acknowledge the issue. We need to ā€˜see colour, as otherwise white people donā€™t see or acknowledge their privilege.

• Heart
But this comment is like saying I just donā€™t see colour!, a comment that is outdated as it didnā€™t acknowledge the issue. We need to ā€˜see colour, as otherwise white people donā€™t see or acknowledge their privilege.
I have to disagree. I don't look at someone and think black person, its just a person? I mean that as I don't judge who they are by colour I don't say yay a white person is pm! Nor do I say the same as a black. Its constantly putting them into a category. We all want equality and rightly so, so why can't we all just be just that? A person, with no definition to what colour/race we are.

Reactions: 2
I have to disagree. I don't look at someone and think black person, its just a person? I mean that as I don't judge who they are by colour I don't say yay a white person is pm! Nor do I say the same as a black. Its constantly putting them into a category. We all want equality and rightly so, so why can't we all just be just that? A person, with no definition to what colour/race we are.
Thereā€™s a ton of articles about why this isnā€™t a helpful narrative, written by people of colour. I changed my thinking as a white person, after reading them.

• Heart
Back to witch-face Alison, do you think sheā€™s ok with it coming up to her busiest night of the year, Halloween? Sheā€™s off on the March of the mummies again, protesting on behalf of poor working mums, sheā€™s all heart! She barely works and has a husband who gave up his job to provide childcare for the twins that she moans about all the time. Mr P will probably have to stay at home with them because bloody preschool isnā€™t open at weekends.

• Haha
  • Heart