Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

maliceinwanderlust

I am actually offended by her latest post. Implying she hasn't had a family portrait for 7 years because she hasn't had a man with her kids. So single parents can't have a 'family' photo then?

Reactions: 17

Persephonehasreturned

It’s all brand new right now. Staying power and self discipline is not what Alice does. (I saw her slagging off the jubilee earlier and it got my goat as the Queen has achieved so much and Alice so little (that’ll be nothing).
Let’s see how her marriage is doing ten or 20 years down the line…
People don’t have to have achieved great things to dislike the monarchy and what it stands for. The Queen’s 70 year reign is a truly historic moment, but there is much to criticise, quite reasonably and with little effort needed to be made to do so. The Royal PR teams rehabilitation of the Queen’s public image post Diana’s death makes Kris Jenner look lazy. It has been remarkable.

Don’t get me wrong - Alice is a twat through and through but achievements or lack thereof don’t preclude her from an opinion on this very public event.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

QuirkyFlamingo

VIP Member
She is literally living her old life again. It's insane. Moving from Shoreditch out of London as a newly married pregnant woman. Lots of cooking, swooning over house stuff, showing off her money, shoving her pregnancy down everyones throats despite being SO SORRY to all the women out there who have also suffered with a "long, painful" fertility journey like she has 🙄. She's even restarted the blog. Now will she (after baby is born) 1) quit her job 2) blog her baby's life/her home life 3) become self employed again 4) get divorced 5) talk a lot about feminism. Time will tell. But I literally feel like I've transitioned back 12 years to Nottingham, pregnant, recipe Alice. She is mad!
She hasn’t been with the man-child long enough to have a long and painful journey of any kind. How dare she suggest she’s in the same boat as women who have literally suffered with infertility and loss for YEARS. Even if they started trying as soon as they met, the time it took her to fall pregnant is about average for her age, surely?

Reactions: 16

IAlreadyDespiseYou

Chatty Member
Whilst I don’t wish her ill, you know that her two other kids are going to be relegated to the sidelines for this new baby. She couldn’t cope with motherhood with them, I hope she’s able to manage this time round… 🤦‍♀️

petitspois

VIP Member
I just find the irony of her believing she's smashing the patriarchy and being a staunch feminist when she throws herself (and her kids) at pretty much any guy that seems to have a bit of cash pretty laughable.

Persephonehasreturned

I'm sure her work, who's she been with for all of 5 mins, will be delighted if she goes off on maternity leave.
bollocks to her work, she doesn’t owe them anything. But it would have been nice for her older children to have been more of a focus for her a little while longer, after being put on the back burner for a some time until relatively recently.

Reactions: 15

Scunci

I am still completely baffled as to why she is having another baby. She doesn’t seem to have a maternal bone in her body. I think it’s awful she didn’t take the kids away…I just can’t imagine going on multiple holidays by myself and doing nothing with my kids. Still, maybe her ex has banned her from taking them away for too long 😅 now I’m just waiting for her to take her man child to NYC…remember when it was a major part of her identity?

• Haha

JulieScoobyDoo

VIP Member
Exactly. And let’s not forget that while Alice was spinning us the inspirational story of how she slayed as a high-earning, self-sufficient, patriarchy-fighting single Mum, her parents were providing her with a property to live in and her ex-husband (wealthy, dedicated Dad) would have been giving her a chunk of money each month for the kids. Not to mention the wealthy men she couldn’t live without, showering her with designer bags, business class flights and lobster dinners…
She’s a fraud through and through.
Whilst she was spinning this line about smashing the patriarchy she was getting a bloke’s name tattooed on her arm after knowing him a fortnight. And getting scammed by him for her life savings before the scabs fell off.
Tell us again about your feminist principles Alice?

QuirkyFlamingo

VIP Member
@Persephonehasreturned Actually she did have a shady grift. She was selling t-shirts with someone else’s quote about the patriarchy on it. “Women need more sleep because fighting the patriarchy is exhausting” https://www.thecut.com/2016/03/study-finds-women-need-more-sleep-than-men.html
Exactly. And let’s not forget that while Alice was spinning us the inspirational story of how she slayed as a high-earning, self-sufficient, patriarchy-fighting single Mum, her parents were providing her with a property to live in and her ex-husband (wealthy, dedicated Dad) would have been giving her a chunk of money each month for the kids. Not to mention the wealthy men she couldn’t live without, showering her with designer bags, business class flights and lobster dinners…
She’s a fraud through and through.

• Heart

rockhoppernroll

Chatty Member
Ohhhh Alice. Yes poor Elfie and Hux. I guess there are many children who are in this position, but it’s usually the dad who buggers off and starts a new family. All sorts of crazy attachment issue with it being the mother.

Also the point about it being planned AND how it was a long and tricky journey…. Did they start trying basically immediately after meeting?! Seems pretty fucked up to me.

That said, I hope it makes her happy because she is obviously always chasing the next thing and it would be good if she stops.

Xavier369

My friend who worked with her told me me last night that she didn't even make it to the end of her 3 months notice period and that she left early because she was so bad!!! She also said her only friends were a couple of 23 year olds 😆 Maybe that's why she's turned up the #humblebragging

• Haha
  • Heart

Ellabella

VIP Member
I knew I remembered one of her bridesmaids. She had a 5 year affair with Mark Owen from Take That!

• Wow
  • Haha

majestic26

VIP Member
Someone approaching you to compliment you for having chips and a coke... feel like that says more about the type of venue you're at than the choice itself. Of course a Soho House member would be blown away by that - go down your local Spoons and see if you get the same comments 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14

maliceinwanderlust

The kids know they're being filmed, Huxley looked at the phone whilst he was processing the information. At least give them time to react however they feel without having to worry about how it might look on camera

• Sad
Reactions: 14