Alice Liveing #9 Monday’s here, spiral time, I ate a roast but promise I'm fine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bloody hell, she’s not exactly hanging around trying to get married in 2023 after getting engaged in December. What’s wrong with 2024?

Reactions: 5
Hoping that she treats this wedding as the proposal was treated. Low key and something they both wanted rather than an absolute circus show. The best and most enjoyable weddings are usually the ones that are low key and about being surrounded by friends and family- not the things you stuff into them to make it look fancy.

Although I can imagine it ending up OTT and about the gram to compete with chessie. 10 bridesmaids, Lewis as flower girl, “instagrammable” venue with history to prove she is deep, a dress change, 5 tier cake, musicals themed first dance/ bridesmaids sing along.

• Sick
Reactions: 11
I would want a short engagement, no point hanging about 🤣 but I think she will struggle getting a good venue on a good date in 2023, there must still be knock on effects from lockdowns?

Reactions: 9
I’m the same, I’d also want a short engagement but with that I’d reduce my expectations and just go with whatever nice venue we could find / just do the legal bit and plan a party for later. People are way more flexible nowadays and I think (hearing from friends) it makes them appreciate the actual marriage more than being stuck in bridezilla mode needing everything to be perfect.

Reactions: 6
I get the short engagement, but if she wants a perfect wedding in her ‘favourite’ venue, you are always going to be looking at a 1-2 year wait unless you are happy with a midweek one.

Reactions: 5
I get that she wants to get married next year but since Covid there’s definitely been a backlog with finding venues and suppliers (speaking from experience 🤪). I suppose it depends what she wants, she could have an intimate London wedding and then a big party on a different date. I just hope it doesn’t all become #gifted #ad etc

Reactions: 3
I’m also for a short engagement but with the caveat that I wouldn’t want anything like Alice would but it’ll be sheer luck if she gets the venue she wants, on the date within the next 12 months. Our mates got engaged a few weeks ago and want to get married next year, chose their venue and literally called them up and asked what they had left for next year and picked their date based on that 😂

Reactions: 2
I get that she wants to get married next year but since Covid there’s definitely been a backlog with finding venues and suppliers (speaking from experience 🤪). I suppose it depends what she wants, she could have an intimate London wedding and then a big party on a different date. I just hope it doesn’t all become #gifted #ad etc
It is this exactly! 👆🏻
I don't know in which world she thinks that contacting a venue during the Christmas break is enough time to secure the venue of choice for the coming year. 🤯 I get that like everyone she has preferences and first choices but the coronavirus lockdown caused SO much damage to the wedding industry and I know of 2 people in my own immediate circle of friends that have lost a parent in the time between their original wedding day and the one that they will actually have.
I get that this is thing that she has dreamt of for a long time and I don't want to be a wet blanket but there is so much for her/them to celebrate and that should outshine any and all of the pointless fripperies that now seem so very important to her.

Reactions: 3
The thing is she’ll be wanting a summer wedding so it’s probably more like a 6 months time event!

Reactions: 1
Hoping that she treats this wedding as the proposal was treated. Low key and something they both wanted rather than an absolute circus show. The best and most enjoyable weddings are usually the ones that are low key and about being surrounded by friends and family- not the things you stuff into them to make it look fancy.

Although I can imagine it ending up OTT and about the gram to compete with chessie. 10 bridesmaids, Lewis as flower girl, “instagrammable” venue with history to prove she is deep, a dress change, 5 tier cake, musicals themed first dance/ bridesmaids sing along.
I think your second paragraph was correct.

Attachments

Reactions: 1
37.5k to hire it for the weekend… I assume that doesn’t include food etc

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.