Alice Liveing #13 DP when might you be home, to look after your fivehead gnome

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And she dropped the dress off to be altered… what did she wear to go home? Is it normal to wear the dress to the shop to be altered? Unhinged behaviour

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Can I just say i love all the brand names we come up with 😂 doesn’t ever stop being funny. That and “when might you be home”
---
I don’t even know what to say about this one 😂
Are they veneers or Turkey teeth?! I don’t know but it’s awful.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’ve got a new dress from the Butcher’s Great Niece that I can’t wait to wear

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Nobody should feel the need to exercise for X amount of minutes to burn of an Oreo and infrared treadmills are also not the way - not very accessible either but I am however baffled that Alice who is a PT thinks this message from her very best, favourite, lovely Andy, is the one to amplify.

For a lot of people, with fat loss goals exercising is a really useful tool and one that will make the biggest difference and help in so, so many ways.
It doesn't surprise me that Alice can't see that balance is possible but there are a lot of people in the process of adapting their intake and upping their movement to lose weight and yes training for longer term, less tangible goals is absolutely a part of that which shouldn't be overlooked but training/exercising to lose weight is not intrinsically a bad thing. All of the benefits Andy lists are great and valid and should be why people move their body but brushing aside weight loss and actually headlining with "STOP EXERCISING TO LOSE WEIGHT!' is, in my opinion, really not cool. Why would we want to discourage those who want to train with weight loss as their goal!?!? It's completely legit as long as it's done in a sensible balanced way and as someone who has been there and sweated through the t-shirts, you have to do the weight loss to then be in a place where you can widen your view and focus on the other, longer term health benefits.
It is okay to want to lose weight.

Attachments

Reactions: 9
I totally agree. I got back into exercise with the very specific goal of losing weight before I got married. I’d gained two stone, felt uncomfortable with how I looked and had no energy. Having lost half the weight I discovered a love for weights, spin and boxercise. I continued and lost the weight and have kept it off 15 years on as I now know what I enjoy and what works for me. Plus, we are seeing a rise in obesity related health issues across ALL age groups including children. Much as the Andy Ps of this world might not like it, exercise is a critical component in helping people both lose the weight and build a solid level of physical fitness. Without this the NHS will be even more swamped in 10-20 years time. We all agree that it needs to be a balanced approach but jeeez, half the people banging on about this message have hugely disordered relationships with exercise and food themselves (although some hide it better than others).

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Nobody should feel the need to exercise for X amount of minutes to burn of an Oreo and infrared treadmills are also not the way - not very accessible either but I am however baffled that Alice who is a PT thinks this message from her very best, favourite, lovely Andy, is the one to amplify.

For a lot of people, with fat loss goals exercising is a really useful tool and one that will make the biggest difference and help in so, so many ways.
It doesn't surprise me that Alice can't see that balance is possible but there are a lot of people in the process of adapting their intake and upping their movement to lose weight and yes training for longer term, less tangible goals is absolutely a part of that which shouldn't be overlooked but training/exercising to lose weight is not intrinsically a bad thing. All of the benefits Andy lists are great and valid and should be why people move their body but brushing aside weight loss and actually headlining with "STOP EXERCISING TO LOSE WEIGHT!' is, in my opinion, really not cool. Why would we want to discourage those who want to train with weight loss as their goal!?!? It's completely legit as long as it's done in a sensible balanced way and as someone who has been there and sweated through the t-shirts, you have to do the weight loss to then be in a place where you can widen your view and focus on the other, longer term health benefits.
It is okay to want to lose weight.
He was talking about calorie swaps and how it’s okay to train for aesthetics back in the day too. It’s like they think hopping on a podcast and burying the posts under “body positive” and “fitness to make you feel good” mantras makes it okay that they helped build the clean eating/ abs movement in the first place.

Reactions: 3
Funny how all these who say 'dont exercise for weight loss' are... thin personal trainers 🤗

They know that if people exercise solely for weight loss, once they've lost the weight, a PT becomes redundant really. They're banking on people ending up loving exercise and wanting to continue. It's literally their livelihood!

Reactions: 7
Yeah it’s okay to want your body to look a certain way/training for aesthetics as long as it doesn’t make you physically underweight or unhealthy:) but everyone’s desired look is different!

My thoughts exactly! I don't work shifts now but I had many years of them, I can't imagine hers will involve any actual 'work'
I thought a while ago she said she was going the New York after summer, for her the 5 hour time difference is night shift, although she is lucky to work 5 hours a week from what I see.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I naively thought it might be something to do with working with that women’s shelter and helping them overnight… 🫠

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.